Fast forward/rewind

kasch18

I thought these features were supposed to be added in today's update. Was I mistaken or was there a bug with it? The lack of this feature is the only thing that requires me to still use MixZing when listening to podcasts and other long audio files.

I am confident that if you implement an effective FF & RW and an option to bookmark/resume where left off on exit, your player will sell like crazy. Many of us who love the player for music hate having to switch to something else for other types of audio (plus the equalizer is invaluable for all types of audio files) - with these improvements Poweramp will be by far the best payer available on android for audio (music and other) and sales will be commensurate.

PowerAMP already saves the file position, but this happens only for last file. I'm thinking about adding position saving for any other previous songs as well (so if you change the track in the middle and then return back, it will continue playing from the exact stored position) - not sure if this makes sense for music playing, so it will be optional.

Making the resume system handle multiple tracks would be nice, but please could it be an option? i.e. something like "Remember playback position: None | Current Track | All Tracks". Hiding this sort of thing away within the options keeps the main interface nice and clean, but still gives flexibilty and choice to 'power users' (no pun intended, LOL). Oh, and one very minor thing to go along with this - please could the first action of the 'Track Back' (

I too would really love FFwd/FRwd via the buttons too - both in the player interface screen & widget, but even more so via the headeset buttons. So on the headset cable I could use Single-click for Track +/+, double-click for Folder +/- and long press for fast-forward/fast-rewind. Again, could the speed be made an option? Something like 3x, 5x, 10x, 15x and 'Variable' (which would get faster the longer you held the button down).

I'm really loving this program, and thanks for listening to user feedback.

Andre

Poweramp already saves the file position, but this happens only for last file. I'm thinking about adding position saving for any other previous songs as well (so if you change the track in the middle and then return back, it will continue playing from the exact stored position) - not sure if this makes sense for music playing, so it will be optional.

As an avid audiobook listener, bookmarking is the number one feature that I'm looking for. I can't stand using the built in player because every time I accidentally bump the FF button or change back to music, it loses my last play track/position. I purchased an app named Bookdroid and was extremely happy for a few weeks, but the Froyo update broke it and the developer hasn't fixed it yet. If you can get bookmarking working as nicely as the other features, you'd have at least one user willing to pay a premium price.

• 2 months later...

when I long press the buttons << or >>, instead of retroceding or fowarding in time the current song the widget goes to edit mode. I would like to have the option to retrocede or avance in the current song time by using the widget. Is that possible?

• 10 months later...

Poweramp already saves the file position, but this happens only for last file. I'm thinking about adding position saving for any other previous songs as well (so if you change the track in the middle and then return back, it will continue playing from the exact stored position) - not sure if this makes sense for music playing, so it will be optional.

I am using Poweramp 2.0.1 and I cannot find the setting for "Save File Position".

The reason I found that feature very useful is for podcasts. When you have an hour long podcast and you stop in the middle - it is nice to actually get back to the position that you left off at at another time.

Itunes/Ipod has a similar feature called "Remember Playback Position".

The above Quote by "administrator" seems to say that Poweramp added that feature - but I cannot find it on 2.0.1.

Where id it go?

Archived