Does the paid version require an always on internet connection? I paid for this app and don't want to be treated like a criminal and have to constantly phone home for the app to work. What do I do when I want to use this app on a plane or where there is no data connection?

Dev, I realize you want to fight piracy but you know no matter what you do it will be pirated. Don't make me, the paying customer, want to get the better pirated version because it won't have the "phone home" feature.

Thanks

Thank you for the question.

It uses standard LVL approach (this is controlled by Google server responses actually). It checks for LVL license once after unlocker is installed.

And it checks in 48 hours (as Google claims - they set the VT (next check) parameter which forces the player to recheck in that time).

After that it doesn't check anything, no data connection is needed to run the app (VT is set to very large value, according to Google).

If it fails to check the license (due to internet problems or by any other cause), it will do the retry next time it's started. Again, this is pretty standard LVL approach you can see in any paid app using the LVL.

I'm adding this to F.A.Q.

Hi,

New here and may I say great product.

However, I'm a little confused about the licensing on this.

I downloaded the trial last night, thought ok I'll buy this which I did.

In the market It says I have purchased the item, but every time it attempts to download the unlocker it says; 'Download Unsuccsesful'. I have to cancel download and try again. Next time it will say the same thing... Authorizing purchase - Downloading unlocker - Download unsucsessful.

I've tried this on Wi-fi and mobile networks.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Write in this thread, as in the Russian-speaking questions often remain unanswered, and maxmp visits rarely...

The problem as follows: i purchased a license for the program, downloaded unlocker, but the test does not pass without a Google account.

I don't use Market and Google mail ( use only downloaded program in 4pda.ru) , and when buying wrote a non-existent mailbox, but with the same name as the mail.ru, hope to register it later.

Later it turned out that the name of which I entered to check the license, do not register, and now I don't understand how to pass a test license...

Please help with the problem of testing the license WITHOUT account to Google mail. Is it possible? If not, how can I change the email for the activation?

Can attach the file with details about the purchase.

• 2 months later...

The support for this product really sucks. They keep pointing at Google for the license verification, without admitting that it is their own choosing to use Google's LVL.

I want to be able to use this without an Internet connection - and I do not care how they validate this. I have paid for the product, and the validation is not my issues. Since the validation is done every 48hs, there is no way to detect this issue before the refund period is over.

Please fix, or provide a refund, and please do not insult your user's intelligence by deflecting the question to Google.

Thank you

For all those that are having a license check issue, and have no internet connection, a possible workaround (just tested with 2.07) is to restore a backup of the app+date (I'm using Titanium Backup).

I still do not know how long it will last as a workaround (may need to recheck soon), but I got it working again without having to use an internet connection.

Some things I've found:

It check for the license every 48hs

It does not cache the license for four months (or weeks), as some moderators claim

Enjoy!

PS: By doing this you don't even need to reinstall, so all your settings are saved (Poweramp does not provide an option to store the settings as a separate file)

For all those that are having a license check issue, and have no internet connection, a possible workaround (just tested with 2.07) is to restore a backup of the app+date (I'm using Titanium Backup).

I still do not know how long it will last as a workaround (may need to recheck soon), but I got it working again without having to use an internet connection.

Some things I've found:

It check for the license every 48hs

It does not cache the license for four months (or weeks), as some moderators claim

Enjoy!

PS: By doing this you don't even need to reinstall, so all your settings are saved (Poweramp does not provide an option to store the settings as a separate file)

Archived