Poweramp Ads?

Camelfoe

Have ads been added to the Poweramp beta program?  I've been having annoying problems with full screen ads when I unlock my phone, and I just took this screenshot after pushing the 'change app' button.  It shows the ad inside a Poweramp window, but also shows the same ad in an Internet window.

Screenshot_20180817-083916_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.991f49354a7021a61f70059e89297a06.jpg

4 hours ago, Camelfoe said:

Have ads been added to the Poweramp beta program?  I've been having annoying problems with full screen ads when I unlock my phone, and I just took this screenshot after pushing the 'change app' button.  It shows the ad inside a Poweramp window, but also shows the same ad in an Internet window.

Screenshot_20180817-083916_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.991f49354a7021a61f70059e89297a06.jpg

Nope. You probably downloaded a fake version of Poweramp.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:10 PM, Camelfoe said:

Poweramp didn't show adds I think you forgot to install the unlocker

I have been using Poweramp from 5-6 years haven't seen any adds yet LoL

1 hour ago, BROKEN said:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/max-mp/Poweramp/

Max uploads his builds here. Ofc not the unlocker lol

You still didn't tell me what app in the store is a fake one.  I searched for music players countless times and never seen a fake Poweramp.  I'm sure Max would have Google pull it if it's a blatant rip off.   or answer my question what the name of the fake one is.  

So my version "beta-build-793-play (Full Version)" came from the Play store, but it's fake?  How do I make sure I have the real deal?  I've never manually downloaded anything, just flipped the switch in v2 to join the beta program.  All updates have come from the Play store, and the Unlocker seems to have worked with all of them (it indicates I have the Full Version in the settings.)

Based on the last post (from Max?), what's going on with the apkmirror link above?  I'm not willing to install yet another app store, I already have Play, and Amazon, and Samsung.

Is it possible an app can hijack another app window to show fullscreen ads?  I've tried finding a way to show which app is showing full screen ads, but the only solutions I've found basically say to start uninstalling recent apps and see if the ads go away.  I suspect I managed to get rid of them that way, but I'm not willing to say which app was the culprit in case I'm wrong.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:10 PM, Camelfoe said:

Do you have vpn program or dns changes on mobile? Or a program that is free, but it has ads. This problem has only been observed on your device. Well, if you had an advertising program, you would not have paid for the license purchase. Surely the problem is one of these two things, because the app does not have a free version and the limitations It's about 15 days, and then you have to buy the original, so you just have to check the two. 1-Do not fake the program and download from your site or Google Play. 2. Review all vpn and dns services and reduce the availability of programs containing ads. Unless you use the dns service, you may need to run pubg lite.

Maybe I wasn't clear.  I've had Poweramp for many years now, and have also paid for it.  This is not a pirate version, and it came from the Play Store.

1. Is it possible to download Poweramp from the Play Store and receive a fake app?  There is a supposed link above to the only real version available, which does not point to the Play Store, but it's also in a post from someone that doesn't answer questions.

2. I agree, it's unlikely that I'm the only one with this problem, so the issue is on my end, and not with Poweramp.  This is off-topic and probably the wrong place for this question, but is it possible for a malicious app to hijack an existing app window to show fullscreen ads?  Maybe it's a bug in Android P that shows the wrong content, as the screenshot shows two windows with the ad?

3.  I said above that I've gone through and uninstalled a number of recently installed programs, and I think I've fixed the problem.  Time will tell.

To answer your questions

1. Google play only providex valid apps. Each app has an encrypted signature provided by the developer.

2. It is possible for a malicious app to detect certain events on a device and start itself

3. When it happens check apps running, perhaps you can identify it

Consider apps you have downloaded elsewhere ie not google. I uninstalled EsExplorer for instance as it kicked off adverts without me actually running the app.

Well, damn.  I just got another full screen ad, even after uninstalling a number of programs.  I thought I was clean since it's been about 48 hours since the last one.  Once again, this was in the Poweramp window (not the actual window, just the one on the app-change screen) and the Internet window.

edit:  I should mention, I also had a third window open (Waze), and it did not have the ad in it.

If I do figure out what program is causing this, trust me I'll be posting its name everywhere I can think of.

4 hours ago, Camelfoe said:

Well, damn.  I just got another full screen ad, even after uninstalling a number of programs.  I thought I was clean since it's been about 48 hours since the last one.  Once again, this was in the Poweramp window (not the actual window, just the one on the app-change screen) and the Internet window.

edit:  I should mention, I also had a third window open (Waze), and it did not have the ad in it.

If I do figure out what program is causing this, trust me I'll be posting its name everywhere I can think of.

just go to developer options in android settings, and go to "running services" to see what's running in background, you definitely have some malware or something like that

On 8/22/2018 at 6:07 PM, Mr_SeLeNiO said:

just go to developer options in android settings, and go to "running services" to see what's running in background, you definitely have some malware or something like that

Easiest way to find out what's delivering the ads- When an ad pops up go straight to the play store/hamburger/ my apps and games/installed/sort by last used.

The app delivering the ads should be top of the list.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:42 PM, woper map said:

Easiest way to find out what's delivering the ads- When an ad pops up go straight to the play store/hamburger/ my apps and games/installed/sort by last used.

Don't quote me, I'm not the one with this issue

On 8/25/2018 at 12:42 PM, woper map said:

Great advice.  Followed it and came up with a program I can't remember the last time I used it.  Uninstalled it, but I'll have to wait a couple days to see if it was the culprit.

• 2 weeks later...

The advice from Woper was exactly what I needed.  The culprit was a Flashlight app I had installed long long ago.  They must have updated the app to start showing ads.  Still no idea why it was showing in a Poweramp window, but the flashlight app is gone and so are the ads.

Thanks everybody.

ıf it's a adware I don't think checking recent apps will work because they usually have blank name. I highly suggest that you should download a anti malware program.

If your device is rooted you can change your host file, or download LP and disable ad services of all programs.

Archived