Poweramp and Gingerbread

First I've got to say I love the application, I use my Droid X as a true mobile extension of myself, I could be talking on the phone, texting, watching a movie or listening to music.

That being said, it's been fairly officially announced that Gingerbread is going OTA on 05/13/2011. Is Poweramp fully compatible? I was reading the changes made and they did quite a bit with the API for audio, I was wondering how it would affect Poweramp, and if it does, is there a patch in the works?

Thanks for a great product.

;)

PowerAMP tested on Nexus 1 2.3.3/2.3.4, Nexus S 2.3.3 and HTC Desire S 2.3.3.

There are some reports on issues on Droid X leaked "OTA" update though. The 2.3 audio layer changes are backward compatible.

Thanks!

So if I understand this. The 2.3 changes are backwards compatible, meaning Poweramp will continue to function as normal, however, due to some of the audio changes, it's possible for even more goodness from Poweramp in a future release based on some of the audio changes in 2.3?

BTW again, thank you for an awesome application. One of few I did not mind paying for.

After extensive testing on 2.3.3 .595, I can say this, there is a music related defect. Complaints popping up on forums. I am on my 6th reboot today (Motorola Droid - X). When music is playing, sometimes when an additional sound is played the unit either reboots completely, or outright freezes, music keeps playing, but the unit is dead, nothing works. Have to yank the battery to get it to reboot. I wonder if this is tied to the new Gingerbread audio options, and not Poweramp itself. The posts I've read have mostly been people talking about Poweramp, but I've seen at least one mention of another player. So there is something here. Is there anything I can do to help test as I am one of the hapless with e Droid-X.

I made a change in my setup to see if it helps. I now have it ''mute" when another sound comes in, I think it was under "Short Audio Focus Change' I enabled it and thus far no crashes, although the randomness of it all makes testing a real nightmare.

Archived