player starts playing on it's own

I have had the player take over my phone and play on it's own.  I'll pause it to play bird sounds on my birding app and it will start playing on it's own.  I paused the Poweramp several times yesterday in the car using the bluetooth button on my adapter so my friend can talk on his phone.  and the damn thing started playing on it's own.  so i have to pause it again.  then later it did the same thing.   Why does Poweramp unpause the music and start playing on it's own?  is the bluetooth reconnecting for a split second causing it to start playing again?

also it keeps going out of my playlists back to all songs and then I"m like WTF?  

On 8/17/2018 at 7:59 AM, hypomaniac-eric said:

I have had the player take over my phone and play on it's own.  I'll pause it to play bird sounds on my birding app and it will start playing on it's own.  I paused the Poweramp several times yesterday in the car using the bluetooth button on my adapter so my friend can talk on his phone.  and the damn thing started playing on it's own.  so i have to pause it again.  then later it did the same thing.   Why does Poweramp unpause the music and start playing on it's own?  is the bluetooth reconnecting for a split second causing it to start playing again?

also it keeps going out of my playlists back to all songs and then I"m like WTF?  

Disable these options

Edited by Prosenjit

but if i do that it won't connect to my headphones, bluetooth speaker,  or bluetooth car stereo automatically.  I dont 'want  to have to keep changing the settings back.  besides i have been doing it this way for several years and never had Poweramp hijack my phone after pausing it manually.  I don't think you understand what I am saying.   I will pause Poweramp and then it will unpause on it's own.  So if i pause it so my friend can make a phone call in the car on his phone then it unpauses at random  and then he can't hear his phone.  It's done this since the Oreo update and or the newer alpha updates.  and now on the 793.    I seems like I"m the only one having this problem.  

I've had issues with songs playing randomly. Just yesterday my phone started playing music in my pocket without any inputs! And there's no way my thigh unlocked my phone. I was out in the middle of a park and all of a sudden, music started playing. I turned it into a mini dance party with friends, but it was a definite bug. 

With Bluetooth, I haven't observed these issues prominently, but I do remember it happening once like you described. While connected to Bluetooth normally, you paused the song using your Bluetooth device. Then after a few moments ir resumed playing by itself. I think that's what you're describing. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 10:29 PM, hypomaniac-eric said:

Mine is  doing the same damm thing!!!,How do stop it from doing that, it's very annoying!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, imcgilli said:

My phone starts playing music or chat from the internet by itself. No way to stop it except uninstall Poweramp.

PA doesn't (and can't) play music or chat from the internet, it is a local file player.

It can play streaming radio stations (shoutcast style) but again can't do that on its own unless you provide the URL.

Andre

I am having the same issue: Poweramp starts on its own playing the first track in my library - or resuming the last thing I listened to. 

Samsung Galaxy S20, Android 11. 

When I "Clear All" it does not always turnoff. 

I downloaded Poweramp because I had the same issue with Spotify - so I realize that there is something somewhere on my phone that allows these two music players to self-start. These two music players are the only apps that start themselves and are difficult to shut down. 

Still any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Thank you. I have set all the "Pause" and "Resume" to off. Let's see what happens next! 

I'm going to reinstall Spotify and see if I can replicate these limitations there, too.

BTW, as you probably know but for others here, this is a common problem with audio sources. I have the same problem with Spotify, and Audible recorded books. 

Just happened again:   PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands: empty.

My phone had been idle and just sitting on my desk for at least an hour. I got a text and went into "messages" to do some clean up. Next thing I know, PA is serenading me unbidden. Sigh.