Embedded Album Art in MP3

hiperjp

Hi max,

Is there a problem with embedded album art in mp3's?. From build-330 or so that this functionality doesn't works in my phone (previous versions works fine), in current build-365 preview the problem persist (at least for me). My phone is Samsung Galaxy S I9000, official Android 2.3.3 JVB ROM (problem is in Android 2.2.1 ROM's too).

I have various mp3 with embedded album art (cover) wich works well in winamp and MediaMonkey but in Poweramp doesn't show the images (on earlier builds worked fine, as I said).

Thank you max for continue improving this great app!.

Please send such track (for which PowerAMP fails to display album art) to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com.

PowerAMP has few limitations on embed album art - size (size of art and size of id3 tag shouldn't be > 1-1.5mb), dimension (should be >100x100 and smaller than some value, depending on device/RAM available, around 800-1024pixels) and correctness of jpeg (some incorrect jpegs can kill android jpeg decoder, causing system crash/instability).

Thanks!

I think I have solution for missing album art (it works on my phone at least). I find out on my PC that some of my album art has size of 660x655 pixels and some 1350x1350 pixels. With 660x655 pixels were visible other ones not. I put them back all to 660x655 and “surprise” all of them are visible at once.

Archived