v792 Feedback:can't identify my HTC USB DAC correctly

LePetit_w

I'm using Mi 8 with MIUI10.

And when I use the "HTC Type-c to 3.5mm Headphone J" , the output device is identified as "Wired Headset/AUX"  instead of "USB DAC".(I have enabled them in Hi-Res Output).

It seems llike that the player can't use the exclusive mode(usb dac) although it can work well in headset mode.

Your phone device runs the analog signal through the usb-c, with that adapter, hence an effective aux slot... It works normally. My Mi Mix2S is the same case. Try using your ''dac'' on other usb-c device, you dont get sound from it.. it is not a dac anyway lol. Just an adapter.

5 hours ago, Asaka said:

Your phone device runs the analog signal through the usb-c, with that adapter, hence an effective aux slot... It works normally. My Mi Mix2S is the same case. Try using your ''dac'' on other usb-c device, you dont get sound from it.. it is not a dac anyway lol. Just an adapter.

Maybe it's a problem of miui or android8.1

I find users using Mi 6 with MIUI9 that the adapter can work as dac,but there's a problem on MIUI10.

9 hours ago, Asaka said:

I did some research yesterday. It seems like different manufacturers have different type of USB-C to sound (analogue or digital). Some phones can only output digital signals which will need an active adapter (with DAC) or active headphones (with DAC; USB-C) to translate digital inputs. But some phones are able to put passive (analogue) signals directly to the USB-C which will only require a passive adapter to patched the analogue sound signals to the 3.5mm jack. Nothing was mentioned about how XiaoMI implemented this. 

https://www.androidauthority.com/usb-audio-class-android-893412/

2 hours ago, Imperfection said:

I did some research yesterday. It seems like different manufacturers have different type of USB-C to sound (analogue or digital). Some phones can only output digital signals which will need an active adapter (with DAC) or active headphones (with DAC; USB-C) to translate digital inputs. But some phones are able to put passive (analogue) signals directly to the USB-C which will only require a passive adapter to patched the analogue sound signals to the 3.5mm jack. Nothing was mentioned about how XiaoMI implemented this. 

https://www.androidauthority.com/usb-audio-class-android-893412/

But using Hiby app and enable the exclusive mode the adpter can output digital signals.Thanks a lot.

4 minutes ago, LePetit_w said:

But using Hiby app and enable the exclusive mode the adpter can output digital signals.Thanks a lot.

If the adapter output is to a 3.5mm jack, the signal is not digital, but already converted to analogue. Could you show us a screenshot of Hiby player interface that identifies the adapter as a DAC?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Imperfection said:

If the adapter output is to a 3.5mm jack, the signal is not digital, but already converted to analogue. Could you show us a screenshot of Hiby player interface that identifies the adapter as a DAC?

Thanks.

IMG_20180818_003425.thumb.jpg.72785a86568ab13cb4094c4a6434a716.jpg

This is the interface of output information.I have enabled Hiby's exclusive mode and there will be a special volume control bar that only be used on the adapter.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:02 AM, LePetit_w said:

I'm using Mi 8 with MIUI10.

And when I use the "HTC Type-c to 3.5mm Headphone J" , the output device is identified as "Wired Headset/AUX"  instead of "USB DAC".(I have enabled them in Hi-Res Output).

It seems llike that the player can't use the exclusive mode(usb dac) although it can work well in headset mode.

I believe the issue is that most of these adaptors/type C headphones are built with "features" making the useless on other phones. The HTC adaptor is recognised as a DAC on my U11.

I looked at replacing it as the first one stopped being recognised, I was going to get the Razor phone adaptor until I contacted HTC. They stated a software update was required for it to be recognised as as DAC.

Screenshot_20180819-215839.png

PartialScreenshot_20180819-214515.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived