Hi-res audio support for Lineage OS 15.1

ADi

Hi. I'm using OnePlus 2 running on LOS 15.1 with blue bolt custom kernel. Even though there is an option to select hi-res audio, when I do so it doesn't show 'active.' instead the toggle switch gets turned on but the opengl output will still be active.

Are you referring to the snapdragon 810? If I'm not mistaken, the OnePlus 2 uses the snapdragon 810, and the 810 does indeed support high res. I do not have the same phone, but I do have a htc m9 (also uses snapdragon 810) and I do have hi res support. I think what the issue may be for you though is that you are using a custom rom and kernel. That can lead to some "compatibility issues" and I would assume that's what's causing you the issue. I had a similar problem where the hi res feature was not compatible with my custom rom and kernel, but somehow, in the previous update, that was fixed (maybe something else was the culprit but idk. hi res worked, then an update came and it wasn't working, and now it is working again regardless of rom and kernal). Your best bet would be to fill out that "hi res support" forum post and hope that maybe it get's updated. Though, in all honesty, I doubt people are really missing out on much as they assume they are when it comes to hi res vs the normal audio playback device (specifically wired capabilities). Even with some of the most top notch headphones and iems, I doubt the difference between them is significant enough or even near noticeable for everyday music listening. If you're talking about wireless, then I can't say much about stuff like aptX and what not. but yeah, like I mentioned earlier, your best bet would be to add a post to that "hi res support" thread. 

9 hours ago, dwang040 said:

Are you referring to the snapdragon 810? If I'm not mistaken, the OnePlus 2 uses the snapdragon 810, and the 810 does indeed support high res. I do not have the same phone, but I do have a htc m9 (also uses snapdragon 810) and I do have hi res support. I think what the issue may be for you though is that you are using a custom rom and kernel. That can lead to some "compatibility issues" and I would assume that's what's causing you the issue. I had a similar problem where the hi res feature was not compatible with my custom rom and kernel, but somehow, in the previous update, that was fixed (maybe something else was the culprit but idk. hi res worked, then an update came and it wasn't working, and now it is working again regardless of rom and kernal). Your best bet would be to fill out that "hi res support" forum post and hope that maybe it get's updated. Though, in all honesty, I doubt people are really missing out on much as they assume they are when it comes to hi res vs the normal audio playback device (specifically wired capabilities). Even with some of the most top notch headphones and iems, I doubt the difference between them is significant enough or even near noticeable for everyday music listening. If you're talking about wireless, then I can't say much about stuff like aptX and what not. but yeah, like I mentioned earlier, your best bet would be to add a post to that "hi res support" thread. 

Ya I totally agree with you. With formats like MP3 most of the quality would've been lost already. Also ive heard the DAC plays a major role when it comes to good quality and lossless output. All I wanted to mention was that the hi-res Support is present but I cant turn it on. Anyway I posted it on the other forum and thank you for the detailed reply.

Archived