What Ui Do You Prefer?

vkcpolice

792 Ui Or 709 Ui?  

643 members have voted

1. 1. What Ui Do you Prefer? 792 New Ui Or 709 Old Ui?

Pues si esta bien esta interfaz del la V3 pero me gustaria que se mejorara en tanto el aspecto de las lineas de titulo y la barra inferior de los menus, ya que pues el aspecto en negro no da muy buena estetica con el contraste del fondo del color del album.... Muy bien equipo Poweramp ?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see much fussing about the old and new ui... and think that the solution is no so difficult, just adding the old style skin as an option of skins menu as for now we have dark and light choices...already included in version. So any user can choose beteen the rounded cover art and other features from new ui or the, in my humble opinion, more clear and stily old skin. This new one looks a little bit for kids...

And in some part of forum i read Max is testing and old v2 skin in new V3 version... hope this gets to final.

Just a suggestion.

1 hour ago, Zumby said:

I can see much fussing about the old and new ui... and think that the solution is no so difficult, just adding the old style skin as an option of skins menu as for now we have dark and light choices...already included in version. So any user can choose beteen the rounded cover art and other features from new ui or the, in my humble opinion, more clear and stily old skin. This new one looks a little bit for kids...

And in some part of forum i read Max is testing and old v2 skin in new V3 version... hope this gets to final.

Just a suggestion.

I really like this new UI but I would love to see the ability to use old V2 styled skins or the current theme engine should give much more theming opportunity because new skins doesn't change the look properly ( maybe I'm wrong it's too early to judge)

Old skins was much better than what we are getting now only some minor tweaks & colour changing options that's all

If themes can't give a brand new look to the app (free or paid doesn't matter) then there's no need to have theming feature.

The UI looks amazing to me I can live with this forever but I am not gonna pay a single penny on skins which literally do nothing.

More issues...

Why don't '1 star' tracks appear in 'Top Rated' any more? Any track with a star rating used to appear there (organized from highest to lowest), and that was super convenient for me. Now how is the end user supposed to find tracks to which they've assigned a low star value? Or is there any way to auto-generate a playlist with any tracks with a star rating different from 'not any'?

Signed back in here after years. I appreaciate all the work that has gone into Poweramp over the years, but the new UI is basically a deal breaker for me. I've been trying to use it for about a month now and it's really just so bad. Constantly changing tracks and seeking when I don't want to. Pro buttons are a must but the seek bar in both forms (static and moving) are unusable. I can't even get the seek close to the edge of my phone due to the case and minimal bezel, never a problem before. The seek bar and track list belong at the bottom. settings and toggles at the top. Before all the controls were in for actual music picking and playing were right at the tip of your thumb, now all over the place. The old library by pressing the song title at teh bottom was the best feature of Poweramp. A quick back button and you're back at the player. Now its like 5 backs seriously?? The beta version of the old interface with the Viz was so good. We really need options to set these controls back to something more usable. It's much more confusing before and this will turn away new users. I've touted Poweramp as the best app on android for years but if nothing is done to revert the controls I'll be looking elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I really prefer the edge to edge album artwork of the old UI, without the rounded corners.

I'm not a fan of the new seekbar either. The simple line worked better for me, and the play/pause buttons weren't covering it, making it harder to seek.

The artist list should also have an option to be text only. Also the track list after you've clicked on an album. You don't need to see the same pic of the album next to every track.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely cannot understand the design decisions made in v3.

Sure, animations are nice and smooth now, but what in the world is the main player screen? Everything is stacked, as if someone just threw the elements on screen without any regards to usability or even basic looks. My biggest pet peeve is how you're unable to disable or scale down the seek bar in addition to the screen now being 50/50 album arts and control surfaces, which makes them way too big on phones with large screens. Also why the hell are the visualizations BEHIND the album art?

I'm really trying to like the new design, but I can't. It's too cluttered, too crowded, too chaotic.

The old design was perfect and I saw no reason for it to change, and frankly, I'm still confused why this design revision was even necessary.

E: I'm referring to portrait mode, since landscape actually makes somewhat more sense.

I can't be the only one who really does not like the new UI. Who thought it was a good idea to put outlined text right over the album art? I kept searching in the settings for a way to move it, but there was none. And additionally there's no way to remove the waveform view under the transport buttons as well... nor can I remove the bar on the bottom. I'm sorry but I just cannot use it in this state. Maybe it's because of my autism. But I really cannot stand this look. Nothing about it looks good to me, really nothing at all. v2 had much better customization options, and it was MUCH simpler looking than this. I loved v2 because I could strip all ther other flashy settings down and simply have my album art be the showcase, while everything else was dark and not in the way. I'm extremely surprised how many people actually think the new theme looks better..... I really, really hope there's some kind of minimal theme, or perferably a close approximation of the dark v2 theme. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the progress bar doesn't need to be so big, if Max makes it about 1/2 or 1/4 the height it is currently and move the metadata into the opened up space and brought back the text scrolling of obnoxiously long titles, I think it would be vastly improved.

Also do we really need to have a huge album thumbnail next to every track when browsing an album when it's already at the top of the screen?

That said I do love how the library view is layed out but the now playing screen really let's it down

3 minutes ago, daveyh444 said:

Also do we really need to have a huge album thumbnail next to every track when browsing an album when it's already at the top of the screen?

There are different view options for the Library, either use the three-dots menu > List Options, or pinch the screen to change or expand views.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

The new look is certainly more modern looking. Sleek.

I don't like Swipe navigation....but the phones OS themselves are going this way...so, can't avoid this it seems. I struggle allot with this, but am starting to get used to it and re-train my self.

The biggest negative i have with the new UI is the terrible behind the buttons Seek "bar".  It is very hard to use. Much preferred the previous V2 style of a simple and separated line(bar) under the buttons.

• 3 weeks later...

New UI is a mess for serious music user with hundreds of CDs of pop and classical music including operas. Equalizer can't be operated accurately and the option to a narrow equalizer band has disappeared.

A disaster showing a punky silly taste.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:27 AM, beastobadness said:

If I was asked when I first started using v3, my answer would have been "go back to v2"...but now I have used v3 since final beta was released, I have to say I much prefer the function and look of the new UI, it has definitely grown on me. @maxmp did a great job bringing it up to date.

Just proves we are creatures of habit and we don't suffer change well as it takes us out of our comfort zone.

that is true to some extent. I imagine that one day I will get used to the new version. The thing is, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the old version so I didn't really need a new version

I don't need to be sitting here all night trying to figure out where everything is in the new version. I don't need to see that all my old skins no longer work. I had no need for an upgrade. Everything was working fine. It would have been nice to have been given a choice.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, CasualStarlord said:

If I could get a skin or whatever to make it look and work exactly like v2 that would be great... I dislike almost everything about v3. I'm thinking I might side-load v2 tbh.

I'll admit its probably my own resistance to change, but the old Poweramp did everything I wanted in a player with minimal fuss, and now its like a nightmare to navigate, especially as I use it in the car a lot and it feels way less intuitive than before.

that about sums it up. It would be nice if we could get an option to just switch back to the former UI as a skin.

Sideloading appears to be a problem given other things that have occurred.

as i said in another post, I imagine I will learn it and get used to it eventually. But this is a radical change for something that I have used for so long. I don't really see why I should have to learn something new when the old was working just fine.

OK the awful UI was the reason I stopped using the beta and switched back to main release. Now that v3 has gone gold and thus forced to customers I'm seriously considering moving to something else. This thing has become an insult to my eyes and is not intuitive at all. It looks like someone without any design skills  just found out how to do layers in Photoshop and dropped whatever basic shape he could find somewhere on the screen. There's no rule at all, it's just a big mess of buttons and symbols of different sizes, shapes and placement.

This would have been ok 10 years ago but competition didn't sleep and usability has become at least as important as features and functionality.

For now I'm reverting to V2 again. 

I am with Tel33. What the hell happened here, and who thought this was a good idea? I've been a loyal Poweramp user for a long time now, but if we aren't at least given a chance to switch back to the old version, I am jumping to another app. This is everything I hate about the majority of other music apps. Everything is big and clunky.

All I want is just to scroll through my music quickly and find stuff without having to search for it. I could do this on the old version, but this takes forever.

I'll have whatever tel33 and woodenlung are having. The new IU is not doing it for me. It does appear to be a hodge podge of button, symbols that's in the way. I am a paid user but I've switched  over to Gonemad. I do come by here every once and a while to see if the dev have given us a semblance  of the old IU

Archived