What Ui Do You Prefer?

vkcpolice

792 Ui Or 709 Ui?  

643 members have voted

1. 1. What Ui Do you Prefer? 792 New Ui Or 709 Old Ui?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not voting yet, just started using it, got to figure it out first, kinda lost. Will say there is definitely a learning curve, a bit frustrating. You killed my playlist shortcuts. If anything, I would like to have settings for each playlist to be able to pre set them to play in order or shuffled, because some playlist are designed to be shuffled, and others are conceptual. Maybe even be able to pre set equalizer settings for individual playlists. And I want my shortcuts back. Thanks. 

I much prefer the V2 UI.  

It's pretty disappointing to have change for what looks like the sake of change.  I was quite happy with the old UI, and having paid for this app just adds to the disappointment and annoyance.

I don't see the logic in many of the UI changes. Adding colored icons to main menu items when the black and white ones were both distinct enough AND had text next to them? The colored icons just blend into the dark theme on my screen.

I didn't need a seeker bar that displays what looks like the waveform of the song I'm playing and have it surround the controls.  

I'd be happy with the old V2 skin as an option but for now, I'm just gonna go back to V2.  I had no issues with it.

@metalgearsortof please use v2 then - it’s still available.

Some minor number of users are conservative and don’t like changes, but that is not a reason to stop the app development for others. 

There was similar feedback from minor number of users when v1 to v2 transition happened, I even created “Classic” skin for those, but that skin usage statistics was so low that there is just no point.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:21 PM, maxmp said:

@metalgearsortof please use v2 then - it’s still available.

Some minor number of users are conservative and don’t like changes, but that is not a reason to stop the app development for others

Umm... Just to get this straight. I'm certainly open to innovations and new features and also new designs. 

But Poweramp is taking a step in the opposite direction with V3 as it is so much worse than previous versions. It really looks like something made 10 years ago and it ignores even the most basic usability and design rules. 

It's just a big mess of partially overlapping buttons and elements, deep and confusing and sometimes  even redundant menus. It's just not practical anymore and not even pretty at all. 

Going back to V2 is not really an option either because it would require disabling auto updates. 

Ten days now since I got the horrible update to V.3 UI with its impossible to tame file system invaded by useless huge fake covers and the most useless and stupid equalizer never devised, and which in addition erased all my playlists. After consulting my expert friends I tried Neutron. A bit of learning and I've jumped all the way to it. Recommended! A bit of learning and I'm getting a sound more transparent and full of detail than I ever thought possible with my best headphones. And it can be used in the way as simple or as complex as you prefer. Do you need more than a 64bit 384kHz DAC, 30 bands of parametric or classic equalizer, variable crossfeed and ditherin?? There is, if you like it! 😄👍

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Only for this one app, you don't need to do it globally.

Andre

Correct, but if I had to keep using a program for the next 3 years (whatever) that I can't update, eventually that takes a toll when new versions of Android come out. Sometimes, things no long work smoothly, bugs occur, slowdowns, etc. Sometimes using outdated software works. Sometimes, it does not. I tend not to like that solution as a matter of principle. For me, it comes down to go with the flow or find a new program. I've already decided that I'm not abandoning a very good program I've used for a very long time.  I am sure I will get used to this in time. That's not to say I'm happy or amused, but I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water. The program does too many other things well and I've used it too long to consider ditching it.

4 hours ago, monsieurms said:

I had to keep using a program for the next 3 years (whatever) that I can't update, eventually that takes a toll when new versions of Android come out. 

Yes, v2 is considered a legacy product for users of Android 4.x and below, and will thus not receive any new features or further updates for future Android releases (there is already a known minor issue with Notifications on Android 8.1 Oreo). However if it still works for you, please feel free to continue to use it as long as you want. Or join the brave new world of v3, and tweak it to your personal preferences.

Andre

I don't understand all the fretting about the UI, everything I see people complaining about is customizable. There's a learning curve, but it's nothing major. All I want to know is; are the 1x1 playlist shortcut widgets coming back? I use those. 

I've been using Poweramp since 2012. This new layout is horrible. I was at a party last night, connected to a Bluetooth speaker to play some Christmas music and I was LOST trying to find my away around. 

I will try tweaking some things, but, good Lord the changes are so different than what most old school users have had. 

When looking at an album, do I really need to see the album cover art for every single freaking track? 

is there any chance to activate the old gui?

the new one is much too nervous for me... dont wan't the animation while playing music - just the album shown

in fact I liked the old gui much more while listening to music in fitness center...

11 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@JüHo disable animation then? (Visualization disabled by first left button - the same it's enabled with; use settings / Look and Feel / Skin / Static Seekbar for non-animated static waveseek).

thank you - found it... looked at the wrong position... 😊

my fault was obviously, that I accidently activated the first left button... maybe it would be better to hide these buttons in some menue... well at least for users like me 🤔

Archived