What Ui Do You Prefer?

vkcpolice

792 Ui Or 709 Ui?  

643 members have voted

1. 1. What Ui Do you Prefer? 792 New Ui Or 709 Old Ui?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love new ui. More intuitive than the old one. But obviously needs improvement.

1 hour ago, clever_man said:

Thx to Max for pins this topic.

Now he working on test skin for dev and trying add old-style progressbar to v3. Maybe he'll created a v2-styled skin for conservatives.

That's a good news.

6 hours ago, NoPAForumAnymore said:

Talk about jumpin on someones arse for saying something. This forum is the freaking worst. Talking about can't say anything at all without rude people. Get rude private messages and rude responses in threads. Time to leave it all to the rude people and give up. No more nice people at all in here. Just going to wait for updates on Google Play and leave this forum out of my mind. You call yourself cool for being a jerk, and you were the one that sent me the nasty message too. Andre he is just sending rude messages to people. This is no community at all, just gangsters trying to start fights. All you do is pay attention to starting fights, and that is all you do in this forum bud.

Geez boy .. take some rest

If I was asked when I first started using v3, my answer would have been "go back to v2"...but now I have used v3 since final beta was released, I have to say I much prefer the function and look of the new UI, it has definitely grown on me. @maxmp did a great job bringing it up to date.

Just proves we are creatures of habit and we don't suffer change well as it takes us out of our comfort zone.

The problem is that people are not spending enough time with the new UI. Such a huge update is always going to gain some negative feedback. But the truth is that the new UI is way more customisable and intuitive than the old UI. 

For people that don't like the new UI, try spending some more time with it before judging. Try tweaking things.

i like the new ui but i think the visualisation and progressbar needs some more customisation, like an option for theming/customising the pregress bar and an option to keep controls visible completely when visualisation starts, just like it was in the previous beta builds.

I actually prefer the old one since it was more "solid" and simpler imo. And what I mean by solid is that the ui seemed more static and clean. In the old one, the play button had its own place, the seek bar had its own place, the play functions had their own place. But now, on the new ui, everything is just overlapping one another. The play/ pause, next/ pre track overlap the seeking (probably my most hated new feature), adding pro buttons (aka playlist/ album skipping) makes seeking between tracks much more of a hassle. Which sucks cause I actually tapping accidentally on the album cover brings you to the songs section (the issue here for me is that the chances of accidentally touching this to go to song selection is higher since the area of the album cover is a lot bigger than what it used to be by tapping the song title) It also gets annoying how I have to keep backing out when I do accidentally touching it cause again, I'm triggering the event much more constantly. While that may seem picky cause my phone screen is off for the most part when I listen to music, but when I do look at the album covers, I do like the design for some of them and having the title and album name block out 20% of it kinda bothers me. 

Now that i'm typing all this, I guess my best way of describing the new ui is... the new ui is just WAY TOO cluttered. Max said that he didn't want stuff like side swipe bars and what not (and I understand that. For me, I hated the side swipe cause sometimes it would either not register or it would just swipe my song to the next/ pre track). But now that I'm using this new ui, where everything is plastered on one panel, it just makes all the functions cluttered and messy to use. Another example for that would be the visualization and sleep timer. While the visualization was cool, I never used it cause it's just a waste of battery, and the sleep timer is a nice feature, but again, something that I probably won't use. I don't want those buttons on my main panel cause again, it just takes up space and gives me that cluttered real estate feel. Or even look at the eq and reverb panels, again, they just feel so much more clustered than before. Idk, maybe third party skins can fix that, maybe and option could be added to allow users to go back to the previous layout, maybe I need to dig around the options more to get the player back to a state that I find enjoyable to use and not a nuisance. Idk, maybe I just need some more time with this, but for now, I can't say I'm too fond of this new ui. 

Creating an account just to say I can't stand the new UI.

Specifically the folders list view is no longer hierarchical.

I now have many items in the list that are part of the same folder (podcasts). It's a total mess. I want it back to the way it was.

I also don't like the scrolling. Can't skip to certain point because it's not all shown. I have to swipe along.

The list views are prettier. That's the only good thing I can say about it.

25 minutes ago, Meboy said:

Creating an account just to say I can't stand the new UI.

Specifically the folders list view is no longer hierarchical.

I now have many items in the list that are part of the same folder (podcasts). It's a total mess. I want it back to the way it was.

I also don't like the scrolling. Can't skip to certain point because it's not all shown. I have to swipe along.

The list views are prettier. That's the only good thing I can say about it.

On 8/15/2018 at 4:51 PM, djdarko said:

Try this:

Click the 3 dots and select "List Options", then enable "Folders Hierarchy".

313861207_Screenshot_20180815-164649(1).thumb.png.f0ef09c05d6e2e6b4b2d188f1d73e4b2.png

As for the seekbar scrolling:

Hit the 3 horizontal lines (bottom right of player screen)

Settings

Look and Feel

Skin

Then turn on "Static Seekbar"

18 minutes ago, djdarko said:

As for the seekbar scrolling:

Hit the 3 horizontal lines (bottom right of player screen)

Settings

Look and Feel

Skin

Then turn on "Static Seekbar"

I don't have that option.

I tried to turn on static seekbar and it did nothing.

Screenshot_20180817-135052.jpg

Got it now. Thanks guys.

Noticed I was in the wrong settings after comparing screenshots. Static seek bar seemed to do nothing but it just looked the same.

I can handle it as it is, now that I have those two settings back.

Archived