[SOLVED][793] Hi-Res Sound leaking from speakers

Mr_SeLeNiO

EDIT: Solved since build 815 "Audio / Advanced Tweaks / Force Speaker Off (for Hi-Res Output)

Quoted from this comment:

Beta 793 here. On Wired Headset/AUX, music plays through my phone's speakers on hi-res output.

Asus Zenfone Max 3 ZC553KL

Stock Android 8.1

happened in all betas for me too, only rebooting phone fixes it, and it's annoying to have to do that

My device: Sony Xperia XZ (F8331)

Android 8.0 OTA

noticed that if I disable DVC I don't need to reboot the phone, because it "fixes it", but it sounds horribly without it, if I want DVC enabled I still need to reboot the phone to make the sound go through the headphones

the sound through speakers instead of headphones happens time after stop listening music, not sure exaxctly when, just know that when I want to play music again this crappy bug happens

3 minutes ago, FMXP said:

1. OnePlus 5T

2. Oxygen OS 5.1.4 (Android 8.1) - this is the current release of stock ROM

3. Hi-Res 24/192 output works after phone reboots. However sometimes if playback is stopped and resumed, or headphone is unplugged and plugged back in, sometimes sound plays through phone speaker instead of headphones. Poweramp detected headphone is plugged in, and in settings says it is playing through headphone using 24/192 direct HD, but sound is coming out of speaker. Rebooting phone solves the issue. Problem is random and doesn't happen every time playback is stopped/resumed or headphone is unplugged/plugged but when it does happen, playback through headphone cannot happen again unless phone is rebooted.

Build 793

@maxmpI'll add this one here too

2 minutes ago, eduardo579 said:

Hi, I'm on Android Pie 9.0.0 in my redmi note 4 and my hi-res option is active but sound doesn't come out from headphones. Is there any fix for hi-res in Pie support? I know maybe not but just asking.

@maxmp when the sound is leaking from the speaker while headphones are plugged in, if I disable DVC and then disable Hi-Res Output, it stops detecting if I plug or unplug the headphones, hence it doesn't pause when I disconnect the headphones, so it's definitely something to do with the way PA is coded.

Oh, and just to add more information about this, when the sound is leaking from speakers (with DVC and Hi-Res Output enabled) and the headphones are plugged/unplugged it does switch between Hi-Res Output and OpenSL ES Output (it still leaks from speaker, but it says it's switching...) 

also tried with "no duck", "no Equ/Tone", "Short Audio Focus Change", "Permanent Audio Focus Change", and any combination of those didn't fix it, also tried to keep the service running with "Keep Service" and "Use Wakelock", it seems to work correctly longer, but eventually Android seems to kill it and the problem of audio leaking starts again

Still the only option to make it work properly again is to reboot the device force stop, clear cache and such doesn't fix it

also I'm from the group of users that when a notification sound or any sound event pops it also leaks from speaker in that lapse of time, so I'm using tasker and intents to detect when PA is playing so it enables do not disturb mode, so, I don't have much of a problem with that, but the audio leaking anyways after a random time later in the day (explained in this entire thread) it's extremely annoying

Generally Hi-Res/Open SL Hi-Res output + sound from speakers is indication of Hi-Res + DVC incompatibility for the device. Either Hi-Res or DVC should be disabled. Usually this is due to additional patches to the Qualcomm CAF audio system additions, which just have never been tested vs Hi-Res by OEM.

I hope, such devices will be gradually polished in Poweramp in future. 

3 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Generally Hi-Res/Open SL Hi-Res output + sound from speakers is indication of Hi-Res + DVC incompatibility for the device. Either Hi-Res or DVC should be disabled. Usually this is due to additional patches to the Qualcomm CAF audio system additions, which just have never been tested vs Hi-Res by OEM.

I hope, such devices will be gradually polished in Poweramp in future. 

thanks for your reply :)

Archived