like/dislike vs. 0-5 star rating

elik90

I personally like the 0-5 star rating so much more  than like/unlike.  It allowed me to categorize songs in new playlists in so many different ways.  Like/dislike doesn't help me do this at all.  I know the new release doesn't allow you to choose between the two and I've seen some other frustrations regarding this feature change.  Does this affect a lot of you too?  

This is how i personally used the 0-5 star rating system to help me organize playlists:

0 - Haven't listened yet / undecided

1 - Don't like. Delete

2 - Songs I love

3 - Songs i really like and made the filter process from 4* and 5* 

4 - Slow songs i like after a first couple listens.  Songs with 4* will move to another playlist for slow songs i liked.  Will be filtered into 3* and possibly 2* playlists

5 - Fast songs i like after first couple listens.  Songs with 5* will move to another playlist for fast songs i liked.  Will be filtered into 3* and possibly 2* playlists

As there is no functionality to see, in which playlists a song already is, I use the Star rating partially as a second dimension to tell me, if I can use the song as a play-allong for drumming (from * slow over fast to ***** next to learn) and if I already have assigned it to a playlist.

I miss the feature and would love to see it back. As an option next to the (dis-)like-button or parallel, as I see the advantage of that as well.

I want the star rating back too. This thumb up or down is nice for maybe Netflix where you can't remove stuff, but if I don't like something on my device, I just delete it instead of giving it a thumb down. This system really doesn't make any sense for your own collection.

I'm still in catchup mode here after my vacation (still got what seems like thousands of posts to go through) but there seems to be a lot of dislike for the new Like/Dislike thumb feature. I must admit, if I disliked a song it wouldn't be on my phone in the first place, so I can't really see the point either. Would folks like a poll on this, to see which option is really the most preferred?

Andre

Archived