Please give the old directory/folder based view back!

Hannesur

Hi!

Thanks for responding! Really.

I am using Poweramp on Android 6.0.1. and 8.0.0. Both used to have a hierarchical directory/folder structure. Meaning going to folders I saw the first level of folders, clicking on one folder I went one level deeper and saw the subdirectories / subfolders of that folder, etc.
Now it is flat - if i go to library -> folders, i get all the folders arranged by name. No hierarchy whatsoever. That is a complete mess. Then i have that round button with three dots in it - I get list options there. If i go sort -> by path, then i get something,,, but it is stil flat (as if there were no subfolders). And it resets itself to by name every time I quit the program...

The core of the problem for me (and I guess for other older school people) is that if the tag info is missing or not perfect, the only way to meaningfully sort your music is by folders. For example I have 

1. level: artist -> 2. level: year - album 3. level: no. of track - song.

So ideall i would like to have an option to see everything as it is arraanged on a disc... Like it used to  be before a week or so ago when there seemed to be some kind of upgrade.

You have an excellent product! Thank you for that! 

cheers,

Hannes

Did you read my reply above? Go to the top library view and activate the Hierarchy option, using Menu > Folders (Hierarchy) (tick). If don't think you'll ever want to use the flat folders view, you might as well also untick that one so it doesn't ever show in your library view again.

Andre

Hi!

Yes, I read it, but didnt find what you were talking about on the first attempts. (dont know why) Thats why I told about op. systems - thought it might be different on different platforms. Found it now and everything is perfect!

Thank you so much for your patience and for the great product!!!

cheers,

Hannes

• 2 weeks later...

Tap the small 'four squares' icon in the lower left of the screen to get to the top-level of the Library View.

Tap the three-dots menu icon (upper right) and select 'List Options'.

Tick whichever Folder style you wish to use - for example choose from 'Folders' or 'Folders Hierarchy' in the image below (scroll down further and you can untick any other view categories that you don't wish to see regularly):

image.png

Andre

Archived