v793 Feedback: List options, shuffle/repeat and more

dunkel

My Device:

Honor 8 FRD-L09, Android 7.0 (Stock ROM). Poweramp beta-build-793-play (Full Version).

First and foremost:

I tried going back to the previous design (v709 if I'm not mistaken), but I get an error that the package appears to be corrupt (both uni and play). What am I doing wrong? I re-downloaded both. If I have to uninstall Poweramp beforehand, will I lose settings, playlists etc.?
I see v793 as a major downgrade because of the shuffle/repeat behaviour (bugged and being overwritten at every opportunity) and wasted space with album arts in most list views (see below for more feedback). The removed star rating system is also a big one.

List options:

Can we have options without art? I'd prefer a compat one- or two-liner for each song in most views (albums for example, the album art is displayed n+1 times for n songs, which is totally unnecessary).
It's a nice addition for artists and albums for an artist, but in any other view I'd rather just have the old version's style back (the alpha before the latest UI overhaul).

Rating system:

Can we have the star rating back as an option? I don't care if the data is lost because of the update, I just don't see a point in downvoting songs I put on my device. I prefer to give songs 1-5 stars to seperate them from non-rated songs.

Main player view:

Can we customize the three horizontal dots menu inside the album art? I don't need lyrics and delete there. I'd rather not have to scroll to get down to the artist/album/folder parts which I used very often in the old version.

Can the repeat and shuffle selection be remembered like it used to be in the old version? I don't like having the shuffle and play buttons (next to SELECT) overwrite my last settings every time. The incorrent shuffle behaviour was already mentioned in other threads, but this is the biggest problem I have and why I want to revert to an earlier version if possible (for now).
I guess the only place I'd want these options to be overwritten is the queue (I'd love it if the queue would behave like Winamp's queue, but with the option to add songs not in the current selection of songs.

Can we disable some buttons? I don't want visualization ever and I think the timer function would be a better fit for the menu inside the album art.

Search:

The x in the input box does nothing. I suppose/hope it's supposed to clear the input field.

There are no "View As" options for the search results. Will those be added (List, List small, options with no album art)

Library:

Can we get some long-hold option menu for some items? For example clearing the queue, which now takes four clicks to clear it and return to the library view. I'd rather long-hold Queue and select "Clear queue" instead. Might not be intuitive, but if you know it, it would be quite handy. For Artist, album, and playlist an option for "Random artist/album/playlist" would be neat.

Lock screen:

The android lock screen still doesn't work with EMUI 5 (Huawei's UI). Just saying. Would be nice if it could be fixed, but I'm used to it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huawei P10 plus with EMUI 8.0 android 8.0

I'm afraid I agree with just about everything here, too.

Why no long press on playlist->shuffle?

Lockscreen is weird?!? Is it on or not?

Rating. I've personally never seen the point, but respect that others might need it........but surely as a choice? Not in such a prominent position.

Same on visualization. A option to look for if desired, surely? Not a prominent first page button?

I love Poweramp and I'd never use another, but it feels as if this update was a tad radical.

Edit: Also, how do I press stop? Before it was long press on play/pause to stop the song completely and return it to the beginning. This is an option that I used relatively often. How do I press "stop" now?

15 minutes ago, Barada said:

Huawei P10 plus with EMUI 8.0 android 8.0

I'm afraid I agree with just about everything here, too.

Why no long press on playlist->shuffle?

Lockscreen is weird?!? Is it on or not?

Rating. I've personally never seen the point, but respect that others might need it........but surely as a choice? Not in such a prominent position.

Same on visualization. A option to look for if desired, surely? Not a prominent first page button?

I love Poweramp and I'd never use another, but it feels as if this update was a tad radical.

I have read somewhere that a skin-maker is able to make elements on the UI to be hidden or not. 

I do not feel that the current beta release is radical.

To be fair, those of us who are unhappy did join the beta program willingly. I agree with those who were a bit surprised - it was startling to wake up one day and all of a sudden I have no clue how to use the app AND you can't even play a playlist in shuffle mode after the app had been so stable for so long even in the beta program. I forgot I was even in the program! ?

For me it was easy enough to roll back to v2. I have a few settings to redo. Biggest thing was to make sure I wouldn't lose my playlists.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:17 PM, dunkel said:

My Device:

Honor 8 FRD-L09, Android 7.0 (Stock ROM). Poweramp beta-build-793-play (Full Version).

First and foremost:

I tried going back to the previous design (v709 if I'm not mistaken), but I get an error that the package appears to be corrupt (both uni and play). What am I doing wrong? I re-downloaded both. If I have to uninstall Poweramp beforehand, will I lose settings, playlists etc.?
I see v793 as a major downgrade because of the shuffle/repeat behaviour (bugged and being overwritten at every opportunity) and wasted space with album arts in most list views (see below for more feedback). The removed star rating system is also a big one.

List options:

Can we have options without art? I'd prefer a compat one- or two-liner for each song in most views (albums for example, the album art is displayed n+1 times for n songs, which is totally unnecessary).
It's a nice addition for artists and albums for an artist, but in any other view I'd rather just have the old version's style back (the alpha before the latest UI overhaul).

Rating system:

Can we have the star rating back as an option? I don't care if the data is lost because of the update, I just don't see a point in downvoting songs I put on my device. I prefer to give songs 1-5 stars to seperate them from non-rated songs.

Main player view:

Can we customize the three horizontal dots menu inside the album art? I don't need lyrics and delete there. I'd rather not have to scroll to get down to the artist/album/folder parts which I used very often in the old version.

Can the repeat and shuffle selection be remembered like it used to be in the old version? I don't like having the shuffle and play buttons (next to SELECT) overwrite my last settings every time. The incorrent shuffle behaviour was already mentioned in other threads, but this is the biggest problem I have and why I want to revert to an earlier version if possible (for now).
I guess the only place I'd want these options to be overwritten is the queue (I'd love it if the queue would behave like Winamp's queue, but with the option to add songs not in the current selection of songs.

Can we disable some buttons? I don't want visualization ever and I think the timer function would be a better fit for the menu inside the album art.

Search:

The x in the input box does nothing. I suppose/hope it's supposed to clear the input field.

There are no "View As" options for the search results. Will those be added (List, List small, options with no album art)

Library:

Can we get some long-hold option menu for some items? For example clearing the queue, which now takes four clicks to clear it and return to the library view. I'd rather long-hold Queue and select "Clear queue" instead. Might not be intuitive, but if you know it, it would be quite handy. For Artist, album, and playlist an option for "Random artist/album/playlist" would be neat.

Lock screen:

The android lock screen still doesn't work with EMUI 5 (Huawei's UI). Just saying. Would be nice if it could be fixed, but I'm used to it.

Lock screen doesn't work for me as well. 

- Does not save the sort settings for songs inside the folder after the player is restarted or the folder is changed

- Very uncomfortable progress bar

The rest (sometimes controversial) changes can be used

apologize for my Google Translate English :)

I would say that long press to stop is a feature that exclusive to Poweramp. Having the ability to stop+rewind a song is always bonus, but for v3, it is removed and moved to the ''previous song button'' which you need to enable it in the settings. For me, i would say long press is more comfortable and faster. But from a general perspective, i think there are very less people even know about this stop function existed.

Hello. I am using the latest beta version 703. I noticed that the order of the tracks of my albums are o set in the right order. After the update, Poweramp organize the tracks on all albums, alphabetically, not respecting the real order of songs as it did before the update. I hope that this bug reaches the developer. I use every option aviable and re-analize the SD from scratch, and the track don't get organized as they should be. Thank you again for your consideration. My device: Samsung 0n5 SM-G550T1. On Android 6.0.1 stock. 

Screenshot_20180817-182742.png

Screenshot_20180817-184511.png

Screenshot_20180817-184611.png

46 minutes ago, Seymur993 said:

I would love to see the hierarchy folder navigation like it was in previous versions. I mean When i press the folder "music" i want to see all the folders that the "music" folder contains, not the audio files.

I actually didn't know it had gone away until I just checked, nor why. Very strange!

I know a lot of people prefer using a drill-down navigation system for folders (just like any other folder navigation system) - especially when they've got a lot of items, which can make the long-list system very long-winded.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I actually didn't know it had gone away until I just checked, nor why. Very strange!

I know a lot of people prefer using a drill-down navigation system for folders (just like any other folder navigation system) - especially when they've got a lot of items, which can make the long-list system very long-winded.

Andre

If this function gets restored, i'll be very happy, because besides the sound quality this feature is one of the reasons i use Poweramp, you won't find it in a lot of other music apps.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

I cant even express how much i need this.

I have my entire Library well sorted by Band in one Folder. But the folder view doesnt give me a nice overview of the content of that folder, it just mashes every subfolder together into one view. Now I have to scroll through 940 subfolders of mish-mash instead of 100 well-sorted and named folders. The folder view is just straight up useless for me.

PLEASE bring this feature back, it is the only thing that made me switch to another audio player.

3 hours ago, Seymur993 said:

I would love to see the hierarchy folder navigation like it was in previous versions. I mean When i press the folder "music" i want to see all the folders that the "music" folder contains, not the audio files.

Hey. which version actually does that? I just re-downloaded V2 but it still shows every subfolder in the folder-view.

2 minutes ago, TheNyan said:

Hey. which version actually does that? I just re-downloaded V2 but it still shows every subfolder in the folder-view.

All the old versions (that are not recent v3) can do that. You just need to set "by path" and "hierarchy" option in the list menuScreenshot_Poweramp_20180819-182154.thumb.png.9950b0c6211f82b320460965af0e153d.png 

Archived