Jump to content
Poweramp
cath

I think Beta 792 is a failure

Recommended Posts

Just now, Imperfection said:

Do I need to back up any claim because I have not made any? FYI, I did not assert that 1 million users out of 1 million users are happy or satisfied. You do not put words in my mouth. I know where you come from. Its a country with caste system right? Now let's look at your initial post below:

Dissing Max's work as "drug addled 12 year old". Wow. That sounds like someone is pissed off and Max did a poor job in satisfying your desires and needs.

 

You need to grow up. These forums doesn't have caste system. You do not tell anyone to piss off because you do not own the forums, understand self-entitled person?

 

I feel bad for Max that he has to deal with people like you.

That shows how ignorant you are, I was dissing you and the people like you who think this is important information at this stage of your music listening.  The bit rate is important when you are buying music, after that if you need to see it on the screen for every song you're a little dim. Same whit the visualizer, this is for drug addled individuals. Programmers put this stuff in their programs because there are simpletons like yourself who like to look at bouncy things. It isn't a comment on Max, it's a comment on you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Imperfection said:

How wrong you are. Assumptions again? I am being rigid? I was flexible enough to adapt to the changes brought on by 793. Nowhere in these forums have you seen me pissing and moaning like you.

seriously? how arrogant and self-entitled can you get?

So arrogant and self-entitled because we are hoping to get things that existed before and maybe some other things we have been asking for for several years. 

I'm happy that you are willing to bend over and get fucked without complaining, the world needs sheep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vijer said:

That shows how ignorant you are, I was dissing you and the people like you who think this is important information at this stage of your music listening.  The bit rate is important when you are buying music, after that if you need to see it on the screen for every song you're a little dim. Same whit the visualizer, this is for drug addled individuals. Programmers put this stuff in their programs because there are simpletons like yourself who like to look at bouncy things. It isn't a comment on Max, it's a comment on you. 

This is where your arrogance and self-entitlement shows. Not everyone in this world thinks and functions like you do. Anyone who has a deferring opinion to yours is not a "drug-addled individual" nor are they simpletons. WHy do you feel the need to throw so many insults? Does it makes you look more scary?

I come from a forums with people even worse than you. You do not faze me. You can continue to throw insults my way to make yourself look like a 'real' man.

FYI, I did not mentioned that I liked everything about the UI. It's time you learn comprehension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vijer said:

So arrogant and self-entitled because we are hoping to get things that existed before and maybe some other things we have been asking for for several years. 

I'm happy that you are willing to bend over and get fucked without complaining, the world needs sheep. 

Wow. Now I am a sheep? I did not voice up my suggestions because Max hadn't asked for it. When he does, I will be sure to mention my suggestions.

Seriously. Using the 'F' word? How childish can you get? hahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Improve something realted to album art...rest everything is fantastic...

And sounds like heaven in my new 1 more..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aks100 said:

Improve something realted to album art...rest everything is fantastic...

And sounds like heaven in my new 1 more..

Same. MDR-z1r with ifi micro dsd black label. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vijer said:

That shows how ignorant you are, I was dissing you and the people like you who think this is important information at this stage of your music listening.  The bit rate is important when you are buying music, after that if you need to see it on the screen for every song you're a little dim. Same whit the visualizer, this is for drug addled individuals. Programmers put this stuff in their programs because there are simpletons like yourself who like to look at bouncy things. It isn't a comment on Max, it's a comment on you. 

Your inability to comprehend that others might have different priorities or desires than you is breathtaking. Even more amazing is your willingness to advertise your childish self-centered entitlement. Clearly you have no awareness of how much of an ass you look like. 

The old and new Poweramp UI provides lots of options that aren't of particular importance to me but the overall product delivers the features I do find important and does so more competently than any other player I have used. It's not difficult to just ignore the stuff I don't use.

If you have such specific requirements and have an ego too weak to see reminders that your own needs do not define the universe then code your own player. Do you really believe that your $4 earns you the right to play the little dictator?  If you'd like changes, be respectful and positive while lobbying for them. Being a jerk will just get you ignored and ridiculed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vijer said:

You seem to miss the point too. First Moon+ Reader isn't supposed to look flashy, it's an eBook reader. Second, the point I was making is that having options is not difficult. If you look back at V1 and V2 of Poweramp there were a lot more options, many of these options were taken away. Who know why, only Max does, but I can't think of a good reason. Having the option doesn't remove the Material design. You're as rigid as Imperfection, you believe that it is an all or nothing situation.

And what kind of idiot refers to a coder as a code monkey and also implies that they are not competent nor obedient. 

Still missing the point. During the features voting process the majority voted for Material Design. Max poured the most of his efforts into that. Along the way he ensured that HD output worked for most of us, that the sound got better. Now the player looks good, I don't see you complaining about looks but definitely taking it for granted that your music player must look this good. Go back to the V1 and V2 that you keep mentioning ad nauseum if you prioritise "options" so much that you'll argue yourself hoarse using nothing but self-serving arguments.

You don't know why Max doesn't add options? Because the entire interface got revamped. Because he prioritised graphics UI first (according to the results of the vote) and doesn't have time for the other features. Interface is not just cutting and pasting a bunch of cool and shiny pics on it, it has to react correctly to user input and deal with quirks of the different Android versions. You, who know nuts about programming, pretending to care for programmers by being offended on their behalf because I referred to Max's hypothetical employee as a code monkey?

 

Let me ask you, really: do you even care about Max who is the programmer of Poweramp?

If you want your options "NOW NOW I AM A IMMATURE BOY NOW" , then do as I say, scout, hire and pay the salary of a programmer who is willing to be employed by Max and can obey his vision for his player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, quirK said:

Still missing the point. During the features voting process the majority voted for Material Design. Max poured the most of his efforts into that. Along the way he ensured that HD output worked for most of us, that the sound got better. Now the player looks good, I don't see you complaining about looks but definitely taking it for granted that your music player must look this good. Go back to the V1 and V2 that you keep mentioning ad nauseum if you prioritise "options" so much that you'll argue yourself hoarse using nothing but self-serving arguments.

You don't know why Max doesn't add options? Because the entire interface got revamped. Because he prioritised graphics UI first (according to the results of the vote) and doesn't have time for the other features. Interface is not just cutting and pasting a bunch of cool and shiny pics on it, it has to react correctly to user input and deal with quirks of the different Android versions. You, who know nuts about programming, pretending to care for programmers by being offended on their behalf because I referred to Max's hypothetical employee as a code monkey?

 

Let me ask you, really: do you even care about Max who is the programmer of Poweramp?

If you want your options "NOW NOW I AM A IMMATURE BOY NOW" , then do as I say, scout, hire and pay the salary of a programmer who is willing to be employed by Max and can obey his vision for his player.

I will do you one better. Since he thinks it's easy to code Poweramp, he should really code his own player and design his own UI. In that way, he will get the perfect music player for playing his entire16 bit 44.1khz collection.

I wonder if he will need more than 3 months for his endeavor though. hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jaxtherogue said:

Your inability to comprehend that others might have different priorities or desires than you is breathtaking. Even more amazing is your willingness to advertise your childish self-centered entitlement. Clearly you have no awareness of how much of an ass you look like. 

The old and new Poweramp UI provides lots of options that aren't of particular importance to me but the overall product delivers the features I do find important and does so more competently than any other player I have used. It's not difficult to just ignore the stuff I don't use.

If you have such specific requirements and have an ego too weak to see reminders that your own needs do not define the universe then code your own player. Do you really believe that your $4 earns you the right to play the little dictator?  If you'd like changes, be respectful and positive while lobbying for them. Being a jerk will just get you ignored and ridiculed.

Again, a person who hasn't followed the conversation too well.

This all began with the OP saying the beta was a failure, I chimed in and said I agreed. Then I backtracked and said, that Failure was to harsh as the beta wasn't a failure but that there where things I didn't like. Then someone said we (people who don't like everything about the beta) should STFU. So I started getting snide. Is it childish, maybe. But all along, I have said that the detractors didn't want to remove things others liked but to give options to all.  This reinforces what you have said "others might have different priorities or desires than you..", I fully realize others have different desires, which is why I ask for options. But instead some keep telling us to STUF and accept what we are given. So then I become crass. Childish, maybe, but it appears I'm dealing with children. 

It appears you are another of these ignorant individuals that think they have the right to tell others to STFU. Have I once said Max must do these things? No, not even hinted at it. So how does that make me a dictator? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, quirK said:

Still missing the point. During the features voting process the majority voted for Material Design. Max poured the most of his efforts into that. Along the way he ensured that HD output worked for most of us, that the sound got better. Now the player looks good, I don't see you complaining about looks but definitely taking it for granted that your music player must look this good. Go back to the V1 and V2 that you keep mentioning ad nauseum if you prioritise "options" so much that you'll argue yourself hoarse using nothing but self-serving arguments.

You don't know why Max doesn't add options? Because the entire interface got revamped. Because he prioritised graphics UI first (according to the results of the vote) and doesn't have time for the other features. Interface is not just cutting and pasting a bunch of cool and shiny pics on it, it has to react correctly to user input and deal with quirks of the different Android versions. You, who know nuts about programming, pretending to care for programmers by being offended on their behalf because I referred to Max's hypothetical employee as a code monkey?

 

Let me ask you, really: do you even care about Max who is the programmer of Poweramp?

If you want your options "NOW NOW I AM A IMMATURE BOY NOW" , then do as I say, scout, hire and pay the salary of a programmer who is willing to be employed by Max and can obey his vision for his player.

You are still missing the point.  V1 and V2 had many options that have been removed from V3.  Making the UI look better doesn't preclude having options. Don't know why you and your fellow sycophants  don't want options but you sure seem willing to tell others to give up their desires. 

But carry on with your goofy diatribe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vijer said:

Again, a person who hasn't followed the conversation too well.

This all began with the OP saying the beta was a failure, I chimed in and said I agreed. Then I backtracked and said, that Failure was to harsh as the beta wasn't a failure but that there where things I didn't like. Then someone said we (people who don't like everything about the beta) should STFU. So I started getting snide. Is it childish, maybe. But all along, I have said that the detractors didn't want to remove things others liked but to give options to all.  This reinforces what you have said "others might have different priorities or desires than you..", I fully realize others have different desires, which is why I ask for options. But instead some keep telling us to STUF and accept what we are given. So then I become crass. Childish, maybe, but it appears I'm dealing with children. 

It appears you are another of these ignorant individuals that think they have the right to tell others to STFU. Have I once said Max must do these things? No, not even hinted at it. So how does that make me a dictator? 

When you are describing people as sheeps and tell them to STFU and get 'F', do you think you are in the right? You are even behaving worse than anyone telling you to STFU. A lot of users of this forums agreed that suggestions should be made respectfully. Respectfully. WHat have you been doing? You are behaving like a child whose toys were taken away, telling other people to STFU, sheeps, get 'F' and get out of this forums. Are you the moderator for this forum?

People are telling you to STFU due to your childish behavior and insults on other so-called 'ignorant' forums users.

As a matter of fact, 'Should' the word itself is strong, indicating that you think that your suggestions are the only way to design the Interface. It is as if you are telling Max what to do with his app. "Maybe the buttons could be the same size and the triple >>> buttons could be removed because I am not really sure what their function is about except to jump out of the 'queue' ." My sentence sounds much more like a suggestion instead of a order to Max. Didn't teachers teach you that in school? How about being diplomatic in your words and speech? You do sound like someone who always thinks their own way is the only correct way to do things. Now are we clear why people are telling you to STFU?

On 8/15/2018 at 5:25 PM, Imperfection said:

The buttons should all be the same size and the triple >>> buttons should be removed. When I press them they say "list finished", in 5 years I have never used them.

And the Track, Artist, Album information should be on 3 separate lines.

The meta data should be removed, why would I want to see this information while I am playing my music? I converted my CD's all at the same bit rate - 160,  sample rate - 44 khz, and they are all mp3. What use is this information? 

Again, to address your post below, everyone would like to have reasonable amount of options when the developer incorporates it into the UI. But Max hadn't asked for it yet because he is busy. We sure do not need an arrogant and self-entitled person to order Max to make the UI according to 'vjer's' vision and logic. All the insults you are hurling sure makes you look like a 'real' man. Go on.

4 hours ago, vijer said:

You are still missing the point.  V1 and V2 had many options that have been removed from V3.  Making the UI look better doesn't preclude having options. Don't know why you and your fellow sycophants  don't want options but you sure seem willing to tell others to give up their desires. 

But carry on with your goofy diatribe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vijer said:

You are still missing the point.  V1 and V2 had many options that have been removed from V3.  Making the UI look better doesn't preclude having options. Don't know why you and your fellow sycophants  don't want options but you sure seem willing to tell others to give up their desires. 

But carry on with your goofy diatribe. 

You're intentionally missing the point. A new interface is not a cut and paste job. The graphical elements have to be responsive, and the options that govern them is not as simple as setting some on/off switch like what you did when you played with your simple electrical circuits in grade 5 science class today. The fact that you did not even respond to that, but continued lobbing labels of "sycophants" and "ignorant" and "drug addled" and "sheep", shows that you are clueless about programming in general, let alone the insides of Poweramp.

Do you even know what a sycophant is? Maybe if you had quoted Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne "sycophantic suckups" we would have some common ground. But even if I'm a sycophant I'll definitely be one for Max (he made a player that has given me hours of pleasure ) rather than you and your ridiculous tantrum and  piss-poor online etiquette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God damn. People need to know that ESPECIALLY UI DESIGN is impossible to suit all the user, hence there exist personas that helps developer to determine which target group they should design for. What for the long statements. Providing feedback to devs is always welcomed. Just do it rationally. Though i'll like to see the song currently playing is distinguished from the others in the lists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, nothing in this world could satisfy everyone. Money is at where the majority is. Therefore, I do not blame Max for satisfying the majority first, then maybe part of minority.

Then, it will come down to options. Does Max wants to add a huge number of options that will allow Savvy users to customize their app? Will all these added options overwhelmed other less savvy users by the huge amount of options? How to design a GUI that will allow users to customize their player's UI easily instead of going through the traditional menu? How will Max design a startup screen telling Poweramp users the functions of various buttons in the full version? How will Max code all this into his player without making the app bloated to do what is designed to do? How about time required? Is the majority of the users going to need this intricate level of customization?

Only Max himself could answer these questions. You and I cannot do this because we lack of the empirical data to decide what is best for the majority.

The current UI is not perfect for me, but I can adapt and ignore the parts until Max would like to improve the UI further and not burden Max with further problems. This is also called being considerate to others which many could learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, quirK said:

You're intentionally missing the point. A new interface is not a cut and paste job. The graphical elements have to be responsive, and the options that govern them is not as simple as setting some on/off switch like what you did when you played with your simple electrical circuits in grade 5 science class today. The fact that you did not even respond to that, but continued lobbing labels of "sycophants" and "ignorant" and "drug addled" and "sheep", shows that you are clueless about programming in general, let alone the insides of Poweramp.

Do you even know what a sycophant is? Maybe if you had quoted Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne "sycophantic suckups" we would have some common ground. But even if I'm a sycophant I'll definitely be one for Max (he made a player that has given me hours of pleasure ) rather than you and your ridiculous tantrum and  piss-poor online etiquette.

Let's agree to disagree. I do know enough about coding to know that what I am asking for is not terribly difficult. 

Yes, I do know what a sycophant is. I won't belabor the point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Imperfection said:

When you are describing people as sheeps and tell them to STFU and get 'F', do you think you are in the right? You are even behaving worse than anyone telling you to STFU. A lot of users of this forums agreed that suggestions should be made respectfully. Respectfully. WHat have you been doing? You are behaving like a child whose toys were taken away, telling other people to STFU, sheeps, get 'F' and get out of this forums. Are you the moderator for this forum?

People are telling you to STFU due to your childish behavior and insults on other so-called 'ignorant' forums users.

As a matter of fact, 'Should' the word itself is strong, indicating that you think that your suggestions are the only way to design the Interface. It is as if you are telling Max what to do with his app. "Maybe the buttons could be the same size and the triple >>> buttons could be removed because I am not really sure what their function is about except to jump out of the 'queue' ." My sentence sounds much more like a suggestion instead of a order to Max. Didn't teachers teach you that in school? How about being diplomatic in your words and speech? You do sound like someone who always thinks their own way is the only correct way to do things. Now are we clear why people are telling you to STFU?

Again, to address your post below, everyone would like to have reasonable amount of options when the developer incorporates it into the UI. But Max hadn't asked for it yet because he is busy. We sure do not need an arrogant and self-entitled person to order Max to make the UI according to 'vjer's' vision and logic. All the insults you are hurling sure makes you look like a 'real' man. Go on.

Now you are being pedantic, "should" and "could", in the future I will be more careful. of my wording 

I will endeavor to follow your advice and be more respectful. I'm am so sorry to have stepped on your toes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread closed. I can't be bothered to go back and delete all the needless personal insults over the past couple of pages, too much to do after getting back from holiday.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...