Jump to content
Poweramp
cath

I think Beta 792 is a failure

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Imperfection said:

Again, it's all about yourself. You think that it's easy to add options that will not break other functions. Do you help Max to code his Poweramp app? Because from the way you are saying, it's as if you know the lines of codes in the app itself.

It's certainly qualifies for self-entitled reply.

No, it's not about me. But imagine that PA didn't have the the bit rate, or the picture, and you wanted those things. I guess you would just be content. 

It amazes me how people are happy to deprive other people of their desires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vijer said:

No, it's not about me. But imagine that PA didn't have the the bit rate, or the picture, and you wanted those things. I guess you would just be content. 

It amazes me how people are happy to deprive other people of their desires.

It's all about you and your selfish desires.

I would adapt if Poweramp doesn't have those things until Max asks for feedback because I am an adult, I can endure my desire to impose my selfish desires and inconveniences on others. I won't be contented. However, I can live with it because I do not profess to know how Poweramp were coded and make myself look foolish by saying it is like "flipping a flag".

If Max geniunely would like to improve his app and asks for feedback, I will be sure to give mine without expectations because I am an adult and will behave as such.

In the end, your own selfish desires are imposing inconveniences on Max should he tries to please everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Imperfection said:

No. You are missing the point. It seems comprehension is difficult for you. Please allow it to be excruciatingly clear to you:

You did not write the code for Poweramp. You do not know the amount of complexity in those lines upon lines of codes that each line wraps itself upon another. So your opinion of "flipping a flag" seems self-entitled.

You are getting a free upgrade, so you should learn to appreciate the goodwill from Max. Unless you want him to charge for future v4 releases to meet your demand of 'choice'.

I'm not trying to fight with anyone, and I'm not trying to demand anything. I have said in the past (privately to maxmp@..) that I would be happy to pay for a new version to get the features I prefer. I am surprised that developers continue to update their apps for free. But to say that I don't have a right to ask for changes is crazy. Max can choose to make those changes or ignore them, but you shouldn't demand that I be happy with what is offered. 

My analogies are to point out why I feel the way I do. You don't like it, I'm sorry for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vijer said:

I'm not trying to fight with anyone, and I'm not trying to demand anything. I have said in the past (privately to maxmp@..) that I would be happy to pay for a new version to get the features I prefer. I am surprised that developers continue to update their apps for free. But to say that I don't have a right to ask for changes is crazy. Max can choose to make those changes or ignore them, but you shouldn't demand that I be happy with what is offered. 

My analogies are to point out why I feel the way I do. You don't like it, I'm sorry for that. 

You are entitled to ask for changes if Max asks for feedback to polish his app further. It does seem like quite a number of individuals like yourself doesn't appreciate, nor could be contented to an upgrade that is essentially being offered as free because you are unwilling to adapt. You want your selfish desires to be met despite the said request of "choice" may or may not break other functions and add additional work for Max that may result from it. Max will still need to spend additional time to "flipping the flag" as you so casually put it or even worse, may need to rewrite whole or parts of the codes for that said UI changes that you and a few selfish individuals desires. 

Why should a full official release be delayed for the rest of his customers while Max works to please your kind? Doesn't that sound arrogant, selfish and self-entitled that the world needs to adapt to your desires instead? An official release doesn't just affects you as a customer, it affects each and every customer that has bought Poweramp.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Imperfection said:

You are entitled to ask for changes if Max asks for feedback to polish his app further. It does seem like quite a number of individuals like yourself doesn't appreciate, nor could be contented to an upgrade that is essentially being offered as free because you are unwilling to adapt. You want your selfish desires to be met despite the said request of "choice" may or may not break other functions and add additional work for Max that may result from it. Max will still need to spend additional time to "flipping the flag" as you so casually put it or even worse, may need to rewrite whole or parts of the codes for that said UI changes that you and a few selfish individuals desires. 

Why should a full official release be delayed for the rest of his customers while Max works to please your kind? Doesn't that sound arrogant, selfish and self-entitled that the world needs to adapt to your desires instead? An official release doesn't just affects you as a customer, it affects each and every customer that has bought Poweramp.

 

 

Interesting how you interpret others desire for change as demands and imply we are demanding that Max halt releasing the app while he implements our desires. Where did you read that in any of these posts? You kind believes that if you got what you want no one else should comment. I would say it is you who are selfish. I nor any of the other detractors have said you should have your preferences removed, but you so casually dismiss our requests, in Max's name no less.

I'm so happy you are here to speak for Max, poor guy must be in a tizzy. If he decides a change would require too much work or would break something then I'm sure he wouldn't make the change. But for you to make the assumption that the requested changes are a lot of work and cannot be implemented without breaking other things is idiotic. I think perhaps you are worried that some of your pet items will be removed and so are objecting so strenuously to others requests for options. Perhaps you should adapt. I know I have adapted for the 5 years I have used PA and will probably continue to do so. But I'm not going to stop asking for options just because a few dolts want me to be quiet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vijer said:

Interesting how you interpret others desire for change as demands and imply we are demanding that Max halt releasing the app while he implements our desires. Where did you read that in any of these posts? You kind believes that if you got what you want no one else should comment. I would say it is you who are selfish. I nor any of the other detractors have said you should have your preferences removed, but you so casually dismiss our requests, in Max's name no less.

I'm so happy you are here to speak for Max, poor guy must be in a tizzy. If he decides a change would require too much work or would break something then I'm sure he wouldn't make the change. But for you to make the assumption that the requested changes are a lot of work and cannot be implemented without breaking other things is idiotic. I think perhaps you are worried that some of your pet items will be removed and so are objecting so strenuously to others requests for options. Perhaps you should adapt. I know I have adapted for the 5 years I have used PA and will probably continue to do so. But I'm not going to stop asking for options just because a few dolts want me to be quiet. 

Great job on showing your arrogance and stupidity and assumptions on my 'pet' items. I have adapted all the way since my first android phone. I have even tried other similar apps.

Great job on comprehending "may or may not" in my above posts too.

Great job on your insults like dolts. You know what they say on names calling, you have lost all grounds on your argument.

In the end, if Max chose to please you and your kind, so be it because it just adds options for me. If he doesn't implement your desires, I am adapting well to the current changes too, unlike you throwing a fit over the internet with your insults.

Secretly? I hope Max never implements your desires so that you can continue to bawl like a baby on the internet. Muhahahahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an HTC U11.  The "old" program was more than functional.  Yes, I had gripes about it, but they were all minor - especially compared to this new "beta" version.  The sound was great, the options for control of the music were far better than average, and I could actually use it with one hand.  The new version arrived unannounced - I didn't even know it was being installed.  You don't do that to your customers.  The proper form is to ask simply "do you want to install the latest BETA version..."  That didn't happen.  Now I have a "new" version on my phone that is literally unusable.  Maybe it's because of my HTC phone, maybe not.  It's erased one of my favorite playlists (yes, I have multiple backups, but none are able to restore the list for more than one use).  This is a "not ready for prime time" version that should never have been released to the general public.  I'm not interested in testing your new versions.  I want a program that is reliable, performs at a high level, and is relatively easy to use.  This program fails in all respects.  Again, could be my HTC U11.  Wouldn't bet on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Death-Dealer said:

Oh thank you for voicing your thoughts to these retarted millennials on here.  God Damn, like yeah I really need the art work on every list when I have a 15,000+ song library on my phone.  If you're already in that album.... The artwork is on the top..... And next to track 1....... And next to track 2 etc....etc...  annoying AF.  Some of these users seriously need to take a flying leap...... Here I'll give you somewhere to jump from.  And to the users who like the text over album art... STFU flat out STFU.  There was a vote. You lost. Hopefully that vote wasn't forgotten about by max.  I'm sure he just wanted to release a more feature working version before getting to things like that for next release.  At the very least the things we are all fighting about should be options that can be changed per user.  I really like how we have all the list options, and in each separate list as well.  Except we are just missing a more slimmed down list without seeing the album art roughly 20 times for some reason. 

 

And there are a couple retarted users that will seriously limit flexibility for the rest of us.  That shit needs to stop.  This is android, not nazi ass Apple/iPhone Bullshit were your spoon fed a shit sandwich and told to like it.  We are android users...... We like our options.  We like our options for options.  So stop with your limiting crap and go get an iPhone already. Peace ?

Assumptions assumptions on "retarded millenials", what can I say. Well, not everyone who likes album art is born in the year 2000. Gasp! Throwing big words like "retards" and millenials" makes you look very very.... foolish.

Options are good, but it is up to Max or developer to do as he sees fit. You wanna use Poweramp? Adapt and quit being a baby or STFU, advice given by yourself.

2 hours ago, JPaul said:

I have an HTC U11.  The "old" program was more than functional.  Yes, I had gripes about it, but they were all minor - especially compared to this new "beta" version.  The sound was great, the options for control of the music were far better than average, and I could actually use it with one hand.  The new version arrived unannounced - I didn't even know it was being installed.  You don't do that to your customers.  The proper form is to ask simply "do you want to install the latest BETA version..."  That didn't happen.  Now I have a "new" version on my phone that is literally unusable.  Maybe it's because of my HTC phone, maybe not.  It's erased one of my favorite playlists (yes, I have multiple backups, but none are able to restore the list for more than one use).  This is a "not ready for prime time" version that should never have been released to the general public.  I'm not interested in testing your new versions.  I want a program that is reliable, performs at a high level, and is relatively easy to use.  This program fails in all respects.  Again, could be my HTC U11.  Wouldn't bet on it.

Yes. It was functional. It was also boring to look at after a while and I stopped looking at it except to press the 'play' button, on it's widget. Afterall, unplugging my IEMS will just paused the app. 

Perhaps. "the new version arrived announced" could have been your own doing. You allowed auto update, you pay the price. Android users mainly manually updated because they cannot trust the auto update. Your result is a fine example. Blaming someone for your misfortune? How quaint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

Assumptions assumptions on "retarded millenials", what can I say. Well, not everyone who likes album art is born in the year 2000. Gasp! Throwing big words like "retards" and millenials" makes you look very very.... foolish.

Options are good, but it is up to Max or developer to do as he sees fit. You wanna use Poweramp? Adapt and quit being a baby or STFU, advice given by yourself.

Yes. It was functional. It was also boring to look at after a while and I stopped looking at it except to press the 'play' button, on it's widget. Afterall, unplugging my IEMS will just paused the app. 

Perhaps. "the new version arrived announced" could have been your own doing. You allowed auto update, you pay the price. Android users mainly manually updated because they cannot trust the auto update. Your result is a fine example. Blaming someone for your misfortune? How quaint. 

I would really like to ignore you, but you are the type of person that wants everyone to accept what you like so ignoring you and giving you the only voice is wrong. Forget that there are thousands of users that don't want what you want, you don't even want flexibility for yourself, you're inflexible. The new interface has some nice features but it is far from perfect. Nobody is demanding that the app only have the features they like, most people want flexibility. 

Go look for a Windows program Directory Opus and look at the thousands of options they give the user - not rigid.  Go look at the Android app Moon+ Reader, again hundreds of options - not rigid. Not every user has the same preferences. Is it just possible that the options others are asking for might just be useful to you as well? Christ, you would never know because you want to limit the options to what Max is offering. 

Ultimately, you should stop speaking for Max, the developer can speak for his own decisions. Or maybe you are Max and you are hiding behind a fake account to vent your opinions (I hope not)?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 11:51 PM, Imperfection said:

...you can voice out your suggestions when Max is asking for it. I did not see Max asking for it now though.

If he didn't want our opinions and feedback, he would lock the beta threads and/or close this whole forum.

25 minutes ago, vijer said:

Ultimately, you should stop speaking for Max, the developer can speak for his own decisions. Or maybe you are Max and you are hiding behind a fake account to vent your opinions (I hope not)?! 

Agreed, and about Max, I truly doubt he would waste his time posting on alternate accounts. When he's not coding he probably doesn't even want to look at a device screen, let alone this forum of all things, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vijer said:

I would really like to ignore you, but you are the type of person that wants everyone to accept what you like so ignoring you and giving you the only voice is wrong. Forget that there are thousands of users that don't want what you want, you don't even want flexibility for yourself, you're inflexible. The new interface has some nice features but it is far from perfect. Nobody is demanding that the app only have the features they like, most people want flexibility. 

Go look for a Windows program Directory Opus and look at the thousands of options they give the user - not rigid.  Go look at the Android app Moon+ Reader, again hundreds of options - not rigid. Not every user has the same preferences. Is it just possible that the options others are asking for might just be useful to you as well? Christ, you would never know because you want to limit the options to what Max is offering. 

Ultimately, you should stop speaking for Max, the developer can speak for his own decisions. Or maybe you are Max and you are hiding behind a fake account to vent your opinions (I hope not)?! 

Please. If you may, produce proof for the " thousands of users that do not want what you want". You make the claim, now prove it?

I was never speaking for Max. I was asking for proof for "flipping a flag" which you so casually claims for Max's coding. Where's the proof again?

So many assumptions with no proof. Perhaps you should really shut up now.

3 hours ago, djdarko said:

If he didn't want our opinions and feedback, he would lock the beta threads and/or close this whole forum.

Agreed, and about Max, I truly doubt he would waste his time posting on alternate accounts. When he's not coding he probably doesn't even want to look at a device screen, let alone this forum of all things, lol

Max didn't need his work to be dissed in the way. He chose the way the UI works. We as end-users should respect it. Remember the poll on how many percent of users wanted a UI facelift as priority? When Max wants feedback on his UI, he will be sure to ask.

 

@maxmpPerhaps you should really charge for the upgrade to v3 and beyond. The amount of self-entitled people are really nauseating. You work hard to bring us your vision and an great update on the sound engine (the greatest part of the app) but yet, these selected few individuals are dissing your work over the UI presented. You deserve better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Imperfection said:

When Max wants feedback on his UI, he will be sure to ask.

I will continue to make suggestions that I think would improve his product until he asks us to stop.

2 hours ago, Imperfection said:

@maxmp

Perhaps you should really charge for the upgrade to v3 and beyond. The amount of self-entitled people are really nauseating. You work hard to bring us your vision and an great update on the sound engine (the greatest part of the app) but yet, these selected few individuals are dissing your work over the UI presented. You deserve better.

Ironically the users on this forum are the most likely to buy the app again, and without hesitation. It would guarantee being able to keep V2 and V3 parallel which I think many users would prefer. I've bought the app 5 times @ $4 each, and I would gladly buy it again. However, it wouldn't make sense for Max to change his stance on a free upgrade based solely on comments from this forum, as it would affect all paid users.

P.S. You should take your own advice: If Max wants your opinion on his business model, he will surely ask for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, djdarko said:

I will continue to make suggestions that I think would improve his product until he asks us to stop.

Ironically the users on this forum are the most likely to buy the app again, and without hesitation. It would guarantee being able to keep V2 and V3 parallel which I think many users would prefer. I've bought the app 5 times @ $4 each, and I would gladly buy it again. However, it wouldn't make sense for Max to change his stance on a free upgrade based solely on comments from this forum, as it would affect all paid users.

P.S. You should take your own advice: If Max wants your opinion on his business model, he will surely ask for it.

Any data to backup your claims without you being the one with more than 1 purchase? Also, I could also claim that I have bought 10 copies and I would gladly buy it again. With the amount of complaints on everything, it makes sense to satisfy their demands/ desires while gaining more monetary rewards because they are people who thinks that paying once for an app makes them kings or queens and start being self-entitled.

I am afraid I am directing the thought at Maxmp and not at you. If I need advice from you, be glad that I won't ask for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vijer said:

I would really like to ignore you, but you are the type of person that wants everyone to accept what you like so ignoring you and giving you the only voice is wrong. Forget that there are thousands of users that don't want what you want, you don't even want flexibility for yourself, you're inflexible. The new interface has some nice features but it is far from perfect. Nobody is demanding that the app only have the features they like, most people want flexibility. 

Go look for a Windows program Directory Opus and look at the thousands of options they give the user - not rigid.  Go look at the Android app Moon+ Reader, again hundreds of options - not rigid. Not every user has the same preferences. Is it just possible that the options others are asking for might just be useful to you as well? Christ, you would never know because you want to limit the options to what Max is offering. 

Ultimately, you should stop speaking for Max, the developer can speak for his own decisions. Or maybe you are Max and you are hiding behind a fake account to vent your opinions (I hope not)?! 

I use and adore Moon+ Reader, yet also can see with my 2 eyes that it's not one of the prettiest apps out there. People voted for Material Design (I didn't), and that's the democratic opinion that Max chose to honour with his limited resources. You got your pretty music app. The new interface is not good enough for you? Then point out another top Android app that has the same sleek, non-bloated-feel interface. Unlike you, I can see the TONS of effort and man-hours gone into refining the Material Design interface that "everybody" wanted. Max did his job and scored A+ for it.

When Moon+ Reader is as pretty as Poweramp while still offering tons of options THEN bring it up again. Otherwise you're just killing your own point.

 

Maybe instead of thinking you can throw money at the problem (and with money, becoming all self-entitled), try finding a competent and obedient programmer that Max can hire. You be Max's free HR manager to find that programmer who can understand Max's vision. And YOU pay that hired code monkey's salary.

 

There's this bunch of people who think they are helping by "giving suggestions". No. You want to speed up the process and get things done, do as I suggested in bold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, quirK said:

I use and adore Moon+ Reader, yet also can see with my 2 eyes that it's not one of the prettiest apps out there. People voted for Material Design (I didn't), and that's the democratic opinion that Max chose to honour with his limited resources. You got your pretty music app.

When Moon+ Reader is as pretty as Poweramp while still offering tons of options THEN bring it up again. Otherwise you're just killing your own point.

You know what people say, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". Apparently, his taste is different from you and mine.

In my opinion, the single biggest and major update was the sound engine. We have our favourite app being able to play music at a higher quality along with our better audio gears. Yet, it seems strange that these people are not happy with that single biggest upgrade. They picked and single out the UI instead. As if it was a protest against Max for concentrating his efforts on, in this build which dragged on longer than he had anticipated. Clearly, the lines of code and UI design were more complex than some self-entitled people whom casually said it is simple as "flipping a flag". This comment really showed his ignorance and arrogance when he did not even write a single code for Poweramp. These people are most likely making Maxmp pay for concentrating on UI changes by spending more effort than before to incorporate 'choice'.

Something as small as the bitrate information can be overlooked if all 1 does is press the play button and power off the screen. Is someone going to look at his screen all the time and specifically at that area where the bitrate information is displayed? It's a 5 inch display and above, I would reckon that power consumption is going to be a focus. Sox and Poweramp lockscreen should be his concern when they consume more power to provide higher fidelity of music. But why the focus on that bitrate display unless that self-entitled person has a problem with Max concentrating efforts onto the UI for this build which also delayed this release significantly. 3 months of delay for this UI which the self-entitled person doesn't even need bitrate information, of course he will have an axe to grind. Bitrate information is trivial and insignificant. I can easily not 'see' it. It's just so strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha I like to long-press that little bar of bitrate info to see the detailed popup saying that my music is 24-bit 192 kHz. My humble midrange Zenfone 3 playing in HD mode for the first time in 16 months since I bought the phone. However, you are right, I don't stare at the music screen all day long, I got mobile game quests to grind when on public transport.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quirK said:

Haha I like to long-press that little bar of bitrate info to see the detailed popup saying that my music is 24-bit 192 kHz. My humble midrange Zenfone 3 playing in HD mode for the first time in 16 months since I bought the phone. However, you are right, I don't stare at the music screen all day long, I got mobile game quests to grind when on public transport.

 

Some strange people really do strange things... like starring at the bitrate information on the new UI all day long despite knowing his mp3 are all encoded in 16 bit 44.1 khz and make a big issue out of it. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Any data to backup your claims without you being the one with more than 1 purchase? Also, I could also claim that I have bought 10 copies and I would gladly buy it again. With the amount of complaints on everything, it makes sense to satisfy their demands/ desires while gaining more monetary rewards because they are people who thinks that paying once for an app makes them kings or queens and start being self-entitled.

True, there is no real evidence that people on the forum would be first to purchase again, I just speak for myself saying that I would. As for the 5 purchases I've made, 1 for myself and 4 gifts for family members (because I love the app, and wanted them to have their own copy). If you've bought it 10 times for whatever reasons, more power to you.

14 hours ago, Imperfection said:

I am afraid I am directing the thought at Maxmp and not at you. If I need advice from you, be glad that I won't ask for it.

Exactly, you realize that all of these complaints and suggestions you are reading on the forum are directed at Max, not at you right? It all works the same way. Why bother clicking into this thread in the first place when you knew well what you were getting into. Take it easy man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djdarko said:

True, there is no real evidence that people on the forum would be first to purchase again, I just speak for myself saying that I would. As for the 5 purchases I've made, 1 for myself and 4 gifts for family members (because I love the app, and wanted them to have their own copy). If you've bought it 10 times for whatever reasons, more power to you.

Exactly, you realize that all of these complaints and suggestions you are reading on the forum are directed at Max, not at you right? It all works the same way. Why bother clicking into this thread in the first place when you knew well what you were getting into. Take it easy man.

No evidence. nuff' said.

What I have seen are just people dissing Max for the UI and not appreciating the single biggest upgrade to the sound engine. If I see no disrespect to the developer, I won't be here. Clearly there's something wrong with some self-entitled individuals here making fun of Max's work as simple as "flipping a flag". This isn't right. Have this individual participated in writing the code for Poweramp? No? Then what gives him the right to so casually claim that Max's work is anything But simple as "flipping a flag" ?

I do not see appreciation in Max's work in this thread. Hence I responded subtly at first and since TS doesn't get it, I have skipped the pleasantries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankyou someone who Agrees with me. the version before the latest update was beautiful and clean and sleek. this is a massive step backwards and the new ui is a total mess.

i have gone back to the old version for now and will continue to look for a new player untill Poweramp devs get onboard and bring back the old ui. the seek bar is the biggest issue and all the setting are now hidden like eq ect. this is just horrible will never update again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vkcpolice said:

Thankyou someone who Agrees with me. the version before the latest update was beautiful and clean and sleek. this is a massive step backwards and the new ui is a total mess.

i have gone back to the old version for now and will continue to look for a new player untill Poweramp devs get onboard and bring back the old ui. the seek bar is the biggest issue and all the setting are now hidden like eq ect. this is just horrible will never update again!

exactly the type that does not appreciate the work and effort of Max. ungrateful. unappreciative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Please. If you may, produce proof for the " thousands of users that do not want what you want". You make the claim, now prove it?

I was never speaking for Max. I was asking for proof for "flipping a flag" which you so casually claims for Max's coding. Where's the proof again?

So many assumptions with no proof. Perhaps you should really shut up now.

Max didn't need his work to be dissed in the way. He chose the way the UI works. We as end-users should respect it. Remember the poll on how many percent of users wanted a UI facelift as priority? When Max wants feedback on his UI, he will be sure to ask.

 

@maxmpPerhaps you should really charge for the upgrade to v3 and beyond. The amount of self-entitled people are really nauseating. You work hard to bring us your vision and an great update on the sound engine (the greatest part of the app) but yet, these selected few individuals are dissing your work over the UI presented. You deserve better.

I would like you to back up all the assertions that you have made that the majority of users are happy with the interface. Just because people don't speak up doesn't mean they are happy. I currently live in a country where they don't say anything even when they really dislike something.

Poweramp has around 50 million downloads and the full unlocker has around one million. Do your really think that all 50 million or 1 million are all satisfied? You're dreaming. And just because the vote was to prioritize updating the UI doesn't mean they voted to receive what ever was delivered. You and others may like what you have received, others would like some changes, that doesn't mean we think Max did a poor job.

Also, I am willing to bet that the majority of those users don't even know about this forum. I came here a year or so ago and there wasn't much activity, so I didn't visit often. Then I signed up for the Play Store Beta Program and expected to receive regular updates. That never happened, there was one update and that was it. All the other updates came through the forum, which I wasn't aware of. This is not really the best way to do beta testing, either the Play Store beta program should have been eliminated or it should have received the same updates as the forum.  But that is a separate issue. My point is that you make a lot of assumptions because you have been coming her regularly, unfortunately you are only one of millions and you seem to want to speak for all of us. I think it is you who should piss off. 

If you had a brain, you would realize that removing an item from the display is not difficult, it has nothing to do with logic. Hiding something is not the same as asking for

if (Imperfection cries) 

 Then change the sample rate, spin in circles, resort the list by artist, change the tone by 10 octaves

end if

No, this is what it entails

If (Imperfection cries)

<span>"Show a crying adult."</span>

else

<span></span>

end if

Yup, very complicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, quirK said:

I use and adore Moon+ Reader, yet also can see with my 2 eyes that it's not one of the prettiest apps out there. People voted for Material Design (I didn't), and that's the democratic opinion that Max chose to honour with his limited resources. You got your pretty music app. The new interface is not good enough for you? Then point out another top Android app that has the same sleek, non-bloated-feel interface. Unlike you, I can see the TONS of effort and man-hours gone into refining the Material Design interface that "everybody" wanted. Max did his job and scored A+ for it.

When Moon+ Reader is as pretty as Poweramp while still offering tons of options THEN bring it up again. Otherwise you're just killing your own point.

 

Maybe instead of thinking you can throw money at the problem (and with money, becoming all self-entitled), try finding a competent and obedient programmer that Max can hire. You be Max's free HR manager to find that programmer who can understand Max's vision. And YOU pay that hired code monkey's salary.

 

There's this bunch of people who think they are helping by "giving suggestions". No. You want to speed up the process and get things done, do as I suggested in bold.

You seem to miss the point too. First Moon+ Reader isn't supposed to look flashy, it's an eBook reader. Second, the point I was making is that having options is not difficult. If you look back at V1 and V2 of Poweramp there were a lot more options, many of these options were taken away. Who know why, only Max does, but I can't think of a good reason. Having the option doesn't remove the Material design. You're as rigid as Imperfection, you believe that it is an all or nothing situation.

And what kind of idiot refers to a coder as a code monkey and also implies that they are not competent nor obedient. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vijer said:

I would like you to back up all the assertions that you have made that the majority of users are happy with the interface. Just because people don't speak up doesn't mean they are happy. I currently live in a country where they don't say anything even when they really dislike something.

Poweramp has around 50 million downloads and the full unlocker has around one million. Do your really think that all 50 million or 1 million are all satisfied? You're dreaming. And just because the vote was to prioritize updating the UI doesn't mean they voted to receive what ever was delivered. You and others may like what you have received, others would like some changes, that doesn't mean we think Max did a poor job.

Also, I am willing to bet that the majority of those users don't even know about this forum. I came here a year or so ago and there wasn't much activity, so I didn't visit often. Then I signed up for the Play Store Beta Program and expected to receive regular updates. That never happened, there was one update and that was it. All the other updates came through the forum, which I wasn't aware of. This is not really the best way to do beta testing, either the Play Store beta program should have been eliminated or it should have received the same updates as the forum.  But that is a separate issue. My point is that you make a lot of assumptions because you have been coming her regularly, unfortunately you are only one of millions and you seem to want to speak for all of us. I think it is you who should piss off. 

If you had a brain, you would realize that removing an item from the display is not difficult, it has nothing to do with logic. Hiding something is not the same as asking for

if (Imperfection cries) 

 Then change the sample rate, spin in circles, resort the list by artist, change the tone by 10 octaves

end if

No, this is what it entails

If (Imperfection cries)

<span>"Show a crying adult."</span>

else

<span></span>

end if

Yup, very complicated.

Do I need to back up any claim because I have not made any? FYI, I did not assert that 1 million users out of 1 million users are happy or satisfied. You do not put words in my mouth. I know where you come from. Its a country with caste system right? Now let's look at your initial post below:

On 8/11/2018 at 1:42 AM, vijer said:

I agree, I would remove all the circled items from the screen.

I want to set my visualization off, ALWAYS - I'm not a drug addled 12 year old.

In 5 years I have never used the timer.

I have zero use for repeat.

I have only one desire for shuffle - all songs. 

I would also, change the seekbar to the old style simple bar.

The buttons should all be the same size and the triple >>> buttons should be removed. When I press them they say "list finished", in 5 years I have never used them.

And the Track, Artist, Album information should be on 3 separate lines.

The meta data should be removed, why would I want to see this information while I am playing my music? I converted my CD's all at the same bit rate - 160,  sample rate - 44 khz, and they are all mp3. What use is this information? 

And I think the 247450822_Screenshot_Poweramp_20180811-00282599.thumb.png.700d07ea10d0506df16d145d5b502a9e.png

Dissing Max's work as "drug addled 12 year old". Wow. That sounds like someone is pissed off and Max did a poor job in satisfying your desires and needs.

 

You need to grow up. These forums doesn't have caste system. You do not tell anyone to piss off because you do not own the forums, understand self-entitled person?

 

I feel bad for Max that he has to deal with people like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vijer said:

You seem to miss the point too. First Moon+ Reader isn't supposed to look flashy, it's an eBook reader. Second, the point I was making is that having options is not difficult. If you look back at V1 and V2 of Poweramp there were a lot more options, many of these options were taken away. Who know why, only Max does, but I can't think of a good reason. Having the option doesn't remove the Material design. You're as rigid as Imperfection, you believe that it is an all or nothing situation.

And what kind of idiot refers to a coder as a code monkey and also implies that they are not competent nor obedient. 

How wrong you are. Assumptions again? I am being rigid? I was flexible enough to adapt to the changes brought on by 793. Nowhere in these forums have you seen me pissing and moaning like you.

seriously? how arrogant and self-entitled can you get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...