Poweramp
cath

I think Beta 792 is a failure

I don't like the UI in the new version becasue it looks too messy and very hard to use. I like the UI likes V3 alpha version or V2, which looks simple and clear. I don't want to see too many buttons on the main page, which can be in the hidden menu.

I want to have an option that can choose the new or earlier UI in the later version.

Always support Poweramp.:D

–––––––––––updated 12.8––––––––––

I don't know why somebody think we those who don't like the new UI are radical.

All i want is an option to choose the new UI or the old one. I never said that PA must be like the old one or not. Don't you think having an option for everyone to choose what UI they like is a good suggest? 

Choice is important. 

Edited by cath

I agree. I'm currently on Alpha 709 and I'm just going to stick with that. I only get a few bugs and crashes and the UI looks so much nicer, in my opinion. the text on the album art and the seek/wave bar looks terrible to me. And why is the rating system gone? I use the 5-star system like crazy and I don't want just a thumbs up thumbs down approach. 

I really appreciate Max's work but it's not working for me. 

4 hours ago, Mübeşşır Mehmet Ali said:

Check image... Cluttered UI ....

So much space in between unused and album art looks grotesquely unfair...

Also PA now cannot open from any file manager...

SM A730F/DS (A8+)

Screenshot_20180810-143425_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20180810-144459_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

The same track opened in 709

?

Screenshot_20180810-184852_Poweramp.jpg

5 hours ago, cath said:

I don't like the UI in the new version becasue it looks too messy and very hard to use. I like the UI likes V3 alpha version or V2, which looks simple and clear. I don't want to see too many buttons on the main page, which can be in the hidden menu.

I want to have an option that can choose the new or earlier UI in the later version.

Always support Poweramp.:D

? Truth. The UI is too baroque, flash over straightforward, easy to use function. The V2 UI was just fine, all else here is pointless ostentation, and the main reason it's taken so long for the release of a new version.

I agree, I would remove all the circled items from the screen.

I want to set my visualization off, ALWAYS - I'm not a drug addled 12 year old.

In 5 years I have never used the timer.

I have zero use for repeat.

I have only one desire for shuffle - all songs. 

I would also, change the seekbar to the old style simple bar.

The buttons should all be the same size and the triple >>> buttons should be removed. When I press them they say "list finished", in 5 years I have never used them.

And the Track, Artist, Album information should be on 3 separate lines.

The meta data should be removed, why would I want to see this information while I am playing my music? I converted my CD's all at the same bit rate - 160,  sample rate - 44 khz, and they are all mp3. What use is this information? 

And I think the 247450822_Screenshot_Poweramp_20180811-00282599.thumb.png.700d07ea10d0506df16d145d5b502a9e.png

At the very least, give us an option to disable the "previous/next playlist" buttons at the side with the triple arrows. I never use them and only get annoyed when I accidentally hit them when trying to go to the next song.

It's messy... Need refining in navigation... But it does looks great when tweaking it a bit. I'm using version 793 beta build

Screenshot_2018-08-11-01-02-40-339_com.maxmpz.audioplayer_1.png

14 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

I disagree the failure is the people that don't like it. If you hate it so badly then move on. Max is not just going to make it they way one person feels it should be. The majority love it.

I'm happy that you like it, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be options to disable and hide things we don't like. Nobody is asking Max to make it just the way one person likes it, we are asking for options to configure PA to our liking.  Look at all the options we have now, clearly everyone doesn't like the same things. Many of us like the old layout (not 100%) and we got a bit of a shock with the new beta. If you look at the hundreds of other players in the Play Store you will notice they are all similar, but none are yet as good as the original PA.

To tell people to move on is ignorant - you don't like what is happening in your government, na don't try to change it just move on, go to another country.  Ignorant.

2 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I disagree the failure is the people that don't like it. If you hate it so badly then move on. Max is not just going to make it they way one person feels it should be. The majority love it.

LOL. Who the hell are you to say that majority loves it? Where's the stat to back that up. Right, there is none. And seriously, people should move on because they don't like the update? Good thing people are not like you otherwise we would still be riding on horses. People give feedback and devs should build and listen to them thus improving their product. If everyone hopped on different apps every time they didn't like something then technology would have stagnated. Pathetic

I hate everything about the new design.  The style of V2/V3a is slick, easy to navigate and see what everything does.  Now I can't even find the option to change visualization (which only gives me a black screen, no animation).  I strongly prefer the translucent repeat/shuffle buttons in the album art frame, the seekbar unobscured by playback buttons, and the glowing neon highlights on the skeuomorphic dials and buttons.  The lockscreen is no longer a lockscreen, but the main UI, so I can't disable the repeat/shuffle buttons, long pressing pause doesn't stop/rewind to the beginning of the track anymore, and shuffle isn't randomizing the songs in my playlists.  I paid for this app 4 years because I like the the features (eg. replaygain support), I like the audio quality, and I liked the interface.  If this is what I have to look forward to in the future, then I want my money back.

just lost my ratings of 5000+ titles because of the new like/unlike button. Actually like the new UI but I see your points.

Never understood why so rapid changes like new UI always get forced.

Why don't let the user decide? Does it hurt so much keeping the old UI?

All you guys DO know that those things can and probably will be changed with a different 3rd party skin which is why Max said:

On 8/10/2018 at 10:18 AM, maxmp said:

1. Hierarchy (and many other categories) are hidden by default, but can be enabled via Library => menu => List Options

2. Right, one some devices with rather low DPI (or raised scaling), font sizes are not ideal, that will be polished.

3. That is why skin dev. documentation for 3rd party skin developers is my priority after the v3 release.

Right?

58 minutes ago, Feilakas said:

All you guys DO know that those things can and probably will be changed with a different 3rd party skin which is why Max said:

Right?

But that means we are relying on Theme developers to fix issues that maybe the theme developer likes and we don't like. So they just keep displaying the visualizer, timer, repeat, and shuffle buttons when we want to remove them from the screen and make them only changeable through menu settings.  I want to set each of those one time and never think about them again. I can't tell you how many times I inadvertently changed those settings because I got a call while I was on the player screen and gripped the phone and changed the setting.  I want them off the screen. I don't think a theme will do that, not to mention I've never seen a theme I liked not have I seen a theme that did what I wanted. 

People who suddenly woke up and felt that the ui is bad can again go to sleep and keep using Poweramp v2?

So my app auto-updated in the night. Now I've lost over 7000+ ratings and my 200+ playlists are not working. The songs are all there but they won't play.

EDIT: now my playlists are working again.

EDIT 2: Lockscreen still isn't working for me.

I just wanted to say I disagree that 79x is a failure. There are some bugs and things I would like changed (posted in the main thread) but overall I am pleased with the new look and functionality.

Poor graphic design. The new UI really looks not cool, the big buttons and the black text boxes make it look really bad, also missing the 5 stars rating, and more over it does not support the older skins arguing that the skins should be updated. I doubt that users that paid for a nice designed skin will be happier with the new ones...

Less is more sometimes, I think the minimalist default skins from the past are awesome and did not needed to be updated, but in the case of wanting to go trendy then a high definition and very refined skin looking like a HiFi stereo system or something for the audiofile public would be much more appreciated...

I liked the new lock screen approach, many other players do that for a while now. 

Also I find that Eq per song isn't going to be missed yet I do use a lot of different EQ presets depending on the speakers/equipment that I plugg in to. That is a good feature to keep, great job on this one!

5 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

People who suddenly woke up and felt that the ui is bad can again go to sleep and keep using Poweramp v2?

Ya, we all purchased Poweramp, years ago, because of the interface and we were hoping for a few good tweaks. But instead we got an update that looks like all the other players on the Play Store, sure we just woke up. 

Not to mention, nobody is asking to remove the look that you covet, but to make it so we have a choice. Some people should crawl back under their rocks and go back to sleep.

11 minutes ago, jaxtherogue said:

I just wanted to say I disagree that 79x is a failure. There are some bugs and things I would like changed (posted in the main thread) but overall I am pleased with the new look and functionality.

Failure is probably an exaggeration, but I sympathize with the OP,, I really liked most of V1 and V2 and only wanted a couple tweeks that could have been set as options. Everybody wins.  But to have a pretty drastic change is disconcerting, especially when the shift was to make Poweramp a "me too" player. I've tried almost every other player on the Play Store and none have a good UI. 

Hopefully, Max will make these changes so that we can all set the options we prefer.

23 minutes ago, vijer said:

Ya, we all purchased Poweramp, years ago, because of the interface and we were hoping for a few good tweaks. But instead we got an update that looks like all the other players on the Play Store, sure we just woke up. 

Not to mention, nobody is asking to remove the look that you covet, but to make it so we have a choice. Some people should crawl back under their rocks and go back to sleep.

Agree but u cant have both ui's in a single app.. the old ui although great was outdated and did not even comply with latest design terms .. instead even the new ui is taking a new approach to material ui which itself is 2 yrs old.Poweramp is just around 10 mb in base app size and max really cant do much with it otherwise the size will increase also the battery use. If you so want the old  one max has kept the 709 beta as an option☺️

3 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

Agree but u cant have both ui's in a single app.. the old ui although great was outdated and did not even comply with latest design terms .. instead even the new ui is taking a new approach to material ui which itself is 2 yrs old.Poweramp is just around 10 mb in base app size and max really cant do much with it otherwise the size will increase also the battery use. If you so want the old  one max has kept the 709 beta as an option☺️

I don't think anyone is asking to keep the old UI. We are asking for options such as, hide and disable the visualizer, timer, repeat, and shuffle. Offer an option to show the old progress bar instead of the new one. We used to be able to disable swiping, that option is gone. I can't image that makes the code old or more complex.

I have already downloaded the previous version, but I am holding off as I hope most of the options will be integrated. 

Thanks Max for 792 and for the quick update to 793. The UI is so sleek... man, I don't know why people are complaining. And I have ALL animations turned off in Developer Options.

Nevertheless don't follow Mozilla Firefox's path in removing options... options are always better. The tricky part is storing the options without cluttering up Settings.

Maybe some of you can cut back on the whining and use your graphics and UI skills to propose how to include options into the already quite substantial settings menu.

1 hour ago, vijer said:

Failure is probably an exaggeration, but I sympathize with the OP,, I really liked most of V1 and V2 and only wanted a couple tweeks that could have been set as options. Everybody wins.  But to have a pretty drastic change is disconcerting, especially when the shift was to make Poweramp a "me too" player. I've tried almost every other player on the Play Store and none have a good UI. 

Hopefully, Max will make these changes so that we can all set the options we prefer.

I'm confused by the "me too player" accusation.  The look, feature set and sound of Poweramp v3 is really unlike anything else in the store and I have tried most of the upper echelon music players. It may be similar in that is has a new material-like design, but even that is unique well animated and IMO still the best UI. Like I said in my original post, I have things I would like changed or have the option to change (i.e. I would like to be able to show a cleaner version of the player UI), but I don't care to return to the look and feel of v2, as good as it was.

10 hours ago, vijer said:

But that means we are relying on Theme developers to fix issues that maybe the theme developer likes and we don't like. So they just keep displaying the visualizer, timer, repeat, and shuffle buttons when we want to remove them from the screen and make them only changeable through menu settings.  I want to set each of those one time and never think about them again. I can't tell you how many times I inadvertently changed those settings because I got a call while I was on the player screen and gripped the phone and changed the setting.  I want them off the screen. I don't think a theme will do that, not to mention I've never seen a theme I liked not have I seen a theme that did what I wanted. 

So let me see if I got that right:

The people that say that the interface in its' current iteration is just fine are wrong while you guys (who all of you have wildly different, sometimes opposing opinions/preferences) are right and the developer should bend over backwards to satisfy you, all the while dissatisfying the people who are happy with the way things currently are...

Yeah... right...

So, to put it another way, there is NO way ANY app could look/behave the way EVERY user wants simply because different users want it to look/behave differently.
Thus, the REASON there is a way for 3rd parties to customize an app (NOT just change a color or icon here or there but actually customize in the UX level) is so that, all the people that want it one way can have it the way it is while, other people that want it a different way can use a theme/skin/whatever that makes the app the way THEY want it and then a 3rd group can also go their own way etc etc.