Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp beta build-792

Recommended Posts

Few bugs that i noticed:

The old 790 icon is behind the new 793 and it's noticable.

When you try to download album art and you tick the high resolution it doesn't work if previously in settings is checked HD download, simple missed logic i think, when you check it, it uses non HD album art.

Poweramp's lock screen doesn't work 

There is no OpenSL HD for wired headset only Bluetooth and USB dac.

List shuffle doesn't work

The UI is really smooth and nice, these are some bugs that i encountered and overall the sound quality somehow is worse than 790

Device: Pixel XL 2

Rom: Stock Android 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crazy said:

Few bugs that i noticed:

The old 790 icon is behind the new 793 and it's noticable.

When you try to download album art and you tick the high resolution it doesn't work if previously in settings is checked HD download, simple missed logic i think, when you check it, it uses non HD album art.

Poweramp's lock screen doesn't work 

There is no OpenSL HD for wired headset only Bluetooth and USB dac.

The UI is really smooth and nice, these are some bugs that i encountered and overall the sound quality somehow is worse than 790

Device: Pixel XL 2

Rom: Stock Android 9

The problem lies in the fact that on our devices the pixel 2 / xl 2 is focused on the wireless sound. HI-RES output is not available for a wired headset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How could I help with the missing translations?

The project on Crowdin is fully translated into my native language, but in the app it is not.

Btw, thanks for the update. It's worth the wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Забывает настройки сортировки в библиотеке после перезагрузки телефона.

Forget the sorting settings in the library after the phone is rebooted.

Второй скриншот после перезагрузки

The second screenshot after the reboot

Screenshot_2018-08-10-13-58-12.jpg

Screenshot_2018-08-10-14-00-45.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Michael_ACL said:

Great to see that this is finally getting closer to a stable final release! :D

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in the Albums menu, setting the list view to "By artist/album" crashes Poweramp. I haven't tested it any further, but so far, lovin the new interface! Good luck @maxmp. Thank you so much. :D

Screenshot_20180810-054819.jpg

same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please add back "hierarchy" sort option for folders, thanks!

EDIT: Found it, nevermind. and thanks again for this awesome update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr_SeLeNiO said:

please add back "hierarchy" sort option for folders, thanks!

Max already sad how - need to pin it in first post.

Library - options - there is 2 views: FOLDER and FOLDER (hieracity)

Turn on second and restart player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 7OH said:

Max already sad how - need to pin it in first post.

Library - options - there is 2 views: FOLDER and FOLDER (hieracity)

Turn on second and restart player.

yeah edited the comment while you were writing, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to the developer..

I want to point out some issues.. 

IMG_20180810_171212.thumb.jpg.8c82b35e3d4b174f39f5612eb8523979.jpg

1. white skin goes well with material theme, black skin was better in v709.

2. song title and three dots ruined the cover art.

3. three dots on the cover isn't necessarily cause long tapping the cover does the same.

4. Play/Pause button, Title, begin/end time, additional info should be transparent/color adaptive.

5. Swiping down the cover goes to all songs in the library, so tapping the cover should not do the same..

IMG_20180810_170958.thumb.jpg.772ee086589e6eaa2d001632b0e686e2.jpg

6. List view is too big.. and now playing track view is too small..

7. Instead of tapping, swiping up 'now playing track' should go to main player..

8. sorry for my poor english..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fahim said:

Thanks to the developer..

I want to point out some issues.. 

IMG_20180810_171212.thumb.jpg.8c82b35e3d4b174f39f5612eb8523979.jpg

1. white skin goes well with material theme, black skin was better in v709.

2. song title and three dots ruined the cover art.

3. three dots on the cover isn't necessarily cause long tapping the cover does the same.

4. Play/Pause button, Title, begin/end time, additional info should be transparent/color adaptive.

5. Swiping down the cover goes to all songs in the library, so tapping the cover should not do the same..

IMG_20180810_170958.thumb.jpg.772ee086589e6eaa2d001632b0e686e2.jpg

6. List view is too big.. and now playing track view is too small..

7. Instead of tapping, swiping up 'now playing track' should go to main player..

8. sorry for my poor english..

+ for every point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy that this amazing update finally came!

It has some issues but I have faith in Max!

I just have a question: Is it possible to hide the cover art in the album list? It's kinda redundant and i don't really like it.

photo_2018-08-10_14-00-59.thumb.jpg.42f8b40634c8eb688511b33b705e6d57.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Max, just tried 793 on my htc one m9 running android 7.

open sl hd isnt available anymore and the hi - res fails to activate.
reverted back to 790 with open sl hd working, cause thats the best sound that ever came to my m9 :)
even viper4android ist working in combination with it, which doesnt work wit hi res audio.

(PS i read open sl hd was renamed but its just gone on 793...)

Cheers & thanks for the best audio player on android.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the update so far. Thanks Max for the hard work, really appreciate this.

Just some bugs or issues that I wanna point out.

1. Even in version 709, when using High Res audio, entering a game would completely mute Poweramp and the game's audio overrides Poweramp.

2. When playing from a playlist, the shuffle feature right now has some issues. Enabling shuffle and tapping on next track would go to the top of the list and play songs in order (even though shuffling songs is turned on).

3. For a few of my embedded album arts, Poweramp reported the resolution of the image to be 1500x1500 when it should be 3000x3000. I've tried re-exporting the photos in GIMP and it still has the same result.

 

The device I'm using is the LG G7+ with Android 8.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp-beta-build-792-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Beta:
This Beta is feature complete release. Few things are missing though, like incomplete translations

Changes (from Beta-preview):
• all Library categories, including all the actions
• Dark Skin + per skin options - Pro Buttons, Static Wave Seekbar
• Poweramp can be shown on lockscreen (vs separate lockscreen UI previously)
• support for multiple item selection / actions in all categories, including Search
• new per-artist selectable and downloadable images
• new Low Rated category
• Folders Hierarchy (and many others) category can be enabled via Library menu => List Options
• removed ringtone action / removed per-song equalizer preset assignment
• per-output assigned presets now applied on output change and Poweramp start (previously were applied on each track change as well)
• improved headset button handling for Android 8.0+
• dynamic playlists (e.g. Recently Played, Top Rated, etc.) now can have more than 200 items as in v2
• Lenovo X3 ESS DAC 24bit support
• OpenSL HD Output renamed to OpenSL Hi-Res Output
• settings were reorganized slightly
• landscape layouts added

device-2018-08-10-063828.jpg device-2018-08-10-063936.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064003.jpg device-2018-08-10-064047.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064226.jpg device-2018-08-10-064419.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064454.jpg device-2018-08-10-064709.jpg

Good update.Thanks @maxmp..but buttons mainly play/pause button is too large...It was very good in 790..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kidsnd274 said:

1. Even in version 709, when using High Res audio, entering a game would completely mute Poweramp and the game's audio overrides Poweramp.

That's normal. The option is in Settings->Audio->Audio Focus->Permanent audio focus change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who still can't get previous/next buttons on headset to work on Android 8.1? I can't even change tracks via "volume up/down long pressing" feature in my ROM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I've updated Poweramp to v792. The UI seems to be welcoming, Problem is the sound quality isn't. Before it sounded flawlessly on v790, but now after the update it sounded muddy, distorted, and has low volume output. Also idk for some reason that turning on DVC mutes the sound output. (No sound output for High Res audio) High Resolution Audio isn't working well Max, help. Before it was flawless. 

Phone: Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL

SNAPDRAGON 625

Thanks for the update! 

Screenshot_20180810-205943.png

Edited by Draconican
Added Screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...