Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

Amazing job as always, Max. Great visual improvements.

But i've find a little bug:

I've lost Hi-Res Output through Snapdragon PCM, which in the build-790-uni worked fine.

I'm on Nougat 7.1.2 on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (or 4X , the Snapdragon version ).

I'm using the Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 ROM.

First screenshot is from 790-uni build.

Second is from 792-uni build.

Third  is the file i've use (which is a 24-bit, 192 kHz 4745 Kbps FLAC).

Screenshot_20180811-031228.png

Screenshot_20180811-032033.png

Screenshot_20180811-031242.png

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, audax said:

Disappointed that the Folder.jpg graphic no longer works - having spent a lot of time creating category specific folder art files when this function existed, (definitely feels like a downgrade, please bring back this functionality

+1 quite a few people requested this. Would be great if the new version gets this functionality just like the older versions had. As far as I know, and I tried allot of players, Poweramp is unique when it comes to this feature, which makes it a selling point. A good working folder hierarchy function is a must for music fans with large collections. Adding the folder.jpg function makes it look sweet! I also spent hours making these specific images for my collection.

After a day of use I must say it's pretty stable. As mentioned by others the settings of the list options don't stick.

The now playing info on the bottom of the screen when in folder hierarchy mode seems to show random tracks every now and then and not always the track that is actually playing. The now playing info isn't always clickable when browsing through folder hierarchy, so it won't bring you back to the now playing screen.

Hi-Res audio actually works for the first time in this version on a ZTE Axon 7.

Again, thnx!

I must admit, this update is very substantial. Animations are great. Interface is great. And I still haven't encountered any app-breaking bugs. I'll try to report them if I find any. 

This update re-crowns Poweramp as the undisputed king of Android music players. It is just a blast to use.

Thanks for the update!

On 8/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-beta-build-792-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Beta:
This Beta is feature complete release. Few things are missing though, like incomplete translations

Changes (from Beta-preview):
• all Library categories, including all the actions
• Dark Skin + per skin options - Pro Buttons, Static Wave Seekbar
• Poweramp can be shown on lockscreen (vs separate lockscreen UI previously)
• support for multiple item selection / actions in all categories, including Search
• new per-artist selectable and downloadable images
• new Low Rated category
• Folders Hierarchy (and many others) category can be enabled via Library menu => List Options
• removed ringtone action / removed per-song equalizer preset assignment
• per-output assigned presets now applied on output change and Poweramp start (previously were applied on each track change as well)
• improved headset button handling for Android 8.0+
• dynamic playlists (e.g. Recently Played, Top Rated, etc.) now can have more than 200 items as in v2
• Lenovo X3 ESS DAC 24bit support
• OpenSL HD Output renamed to OpenSL Hi-Res Output
• settings were reorganized slightly
• landscape layouts added

device-2018-08-10-063828.jpg device-2018-08-10-063936.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064003.jpg device-2018-08-10-064047.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064226.jpg device-2018-08-10-064419.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064454.jpg device-2018-08-10-064709.jpg

Tag editing doesn't seem to work 

This beta might be the best looking beta i've ever seen. Still need to say two things:

1. Would be nice if I could deactivate Covers in lists and switch to a Text-only list (not for folders, just for music) because big libraries can get really confusing to look at.

2. Did you remove the stars (rating) and replaced it with the Like/Unlike? Just wondering because I just lost 5000+ titles with ratings because of that change.

Beside that, it seems like a pretty good version ;)

Dear maxmp,

I am a huge fan of your player since 2012. Bought it and using it since I have smartphone, and recommended many people to do the same. I was testing all the v3 beta releases, welcomed many features of it (like HD audio support), but this last one shocked me.

I find the new interface confused and hard to handle, some options (like hierarchical view, which is the most important for me) are hidden, and disabled by default.

I know, that a program must be renewed from time to time, but please make the old-fashioned UI available as and option. I've switched back for v2 now, but if this update will be mandatory for the older versions too, I will be very sad and disappointed.

@maxmp The only problem i faced was that some animations were lagging & not as smooth as the previous 790 ones. I don't know if it was my phone or the update itself. & That the album arts in libraries along with their meta for the grid  seem to be enlarged a bit that just puts me off .. also the reduced size wavebar really puts the now playing off balance.. ut was better on the 790 where the album art and wavebar shared similar percentages of the screen☺️

Ich habe mich jetzt in dieser Website registriert und dann die APK dieser Website heruntergeladen und versucht, sie zu installieren, aber es ist ein Fehler beim Parsen des Pakets aufgetreten. Ich habe versucht es über den Play-Store zu laden, aber ich glaube, dass ich eine Einladung brauche. Ich weiß nicht, ob Android 4.4.4 noch unterstützt wird. Ich finde die App Poweramp echt genial ist eine Super App und empfehle ich jeden der eine Musik App sucht! Solltet Ihr Android 4.4.4 noch unterstützen, bitte ich um eine Einladung. Im Play-Store bin ich als Beta-Tester registriert über mein Google-Konto mit der E-Mail Adresse: badura1995@gmail.com

This is beautiful, but I'm in the boat of those who had working OpenSL ES HD on the 790 beta preview, but no working Hi Res Output on either 709 or 792/793.  My device is the HTC 10 and I'm on a Nougat Lineage ROM.

My question is: is there the possibility that the new UI will get applied to the 790 beta preview audio engine? I'd be satisfied permanently, if so.

Great update, finally EQ is working and saving presets. But I found a few bugs with widget:

1. I use widget on my home screen and if I don't use Poweramp for a while, plug in earphones and just click "Play", it doesn't react. It does nothing. Every button is unresponsive. I have to click on the widget somewhere so it opens Poweramp and start playing music from there. After music starts playing, widget starts working. 

Screenshot_20180811-115822__01__01.thumb.jpg.4cfe4ff899597ee63ac562552adc6008.jpg

2. I'll post another reply of a second bug under this one, because it only allows me to upload 501kbs worth of attachments and I want to attach screenshots

3 minutes ago, CVBNM,.- said:

1. I use widget on my home screen and if I don't use Poweramp for a while, plug in earphones and just click "Play", it doesn't react. It does nothing. Every button is unresponsive. I have to click on the widget somewhere so it opens Poweramp and start playing music from there. After music starts playing, widget starts working. 

I can confirm this.

2nd bug: After clicking on a widget on my homescreen, it only shows me 1 song in album folder. I have to go one step back in hierarchy to album selection screen and open that album folder again, so it shows me the rest of the songs in the folder. I'll attach screenshots.

This is what happens after clicking on widget. It only shows one song. It's only the song I listened to last. Like this.

Screenshot_20180811-115828__01.thumb.jpg.8e6b8d544cd7c849531930d44bcbb24f.jpg

But there should be 14 songs in this folder. So I have to go to a different folder (only one folder back is enough with back button) and go back here to this folder again for Poweramp to show me the rest. This is what happens every single time I click on a widget and open Poweramp.

Screenshot_20180811-115837__01__01.thumb.jpg.3ca7d705ab280496e73a88bfbb70ecc6.jpg

21 minutes ago, Michael me said:

This is beautiful, but I'm in the boat of those who had working OpenSL ES HD on the 790 beta preview, but no working Hi Res Output on either 709 or 792/793.  My device is the HTC 10 and I'm on a Nougat Lineage ROM.

My question is: is there the possibility that the new UI will get applied to the 790 beta preview audio engine? I'd be satisfied permanently, if so.

Haha i felt the same... Even if it wasn't hi res actually it sounded like the sound  spectrum was better and more open on the 790?

Got the update via Play Store, everything seems fine on my Oneplus3. I love the new UI, very innovative but still intuitive. I wouldn't be surprised if within a year every other music player copies this style, as always PA is far ahead of the competition.

Anyway, only one thing is bothering me, is there any way to skip to the next album with a gesture? Or is it only possible to do so with the buttons?

As for bugs, compatibility with my car's Bluetooth head unit has been completely ruined, the controls don't even work anymore and metadata isn't displayed anymore on the screen. Since this is so important for me, I'm willing to help the dev troubleshooting or trying out different builds to get the Bluetooth working perfectly like it did on v2.

Archived