Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

3 minutes ago, Mikemike said:

The new UI is great BUT we need more list options. A more condensed list view without art would be fantastic. It especially makes no sense when looking at an album to display the album art on each track. It's already at the top. I really don't like having my huge list of artists with an image stretching the height of each artist block.

TL;DR list view small is not small enough. Need at least one more option to have list view with no art, only text.

+1

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mikemike said:

The new UI is great BUT we need more list options. A more condensed list view without art would be fantastic. It especially makes no sense when looking at an album to display the album art on each track. It's already at the top. I really don't like having my huge list of artists with an image stretching the height of each artist block.

TL;DR list view small is not small enough. Need at least one more option to have list view with no art, only text.

+1. Album art it in header already. Just not scroll it.

2 hours ago, antonridd said:

The problem lies in the fact that on our devices the pixel 2 / xl 2 is focused on the wireless sound. HI-RES output is not available for a wired headset.

I meant OpenSL hd audio (open SL hi-res) , it was available on the preview build 790

Hi, not sure if these have been mentioned but I've found a few issues.

1. When I search it only searches albums and artists, not tracks 

2. The rating system doesn't seem to work properly, I click the thumbs up but it does end up in 'top rated

3. Not an issue but it would be nice to be able to select a solid background colour that doesn't change when the song does

I'm using a galaxy s9+ on android 8.0

Some things I saw and others I would personnaly like to have:

1. The way that the Album and Artist are displayed (together) makes that if the Album title is long, you never see the Artist name on the now playing screen. It would be great that it at least scrolls

2. The option to disable the delete button disapeared (or I haven't found it). It would be great to have it back, especially as the delete button is sometimes really easily clickable due to its placement on options lists.

3. I set the option to have the Pro buttons on the now playing screen because I literally use the playlist back/next buttons all the time, but the seek bar is really anoying because half the time I click on it instead of the buttons. I'm not really a fan of the placement and the styling either... Will there be a way, through themes, to revert back to a more "traditional" seek bar (like, a line with a dot over the buttons) ?

16 minutes ago, SwiftShizz said:

Hi, not sure if these have been mentioned but I've found a few issues.

1. When I search it only searches albums and artists, not tracks 

2. The rating system doesn't seem to work properly, I click the thumbs up but it does end up in 'top rated

3. Not an issue but it would be nice to be able to select a solid background colour that doesn't change when the song does

I'm using a galaxy s9+ on android 8.0

1) working fine in my device

2) working fine in my device

3) true 

I posted the following in the wrong thread. (I'm pretty sure this one didn't exist yet):

Thx @maxmp. The buttons are back and we have a black theme now, I love it. Have a problem tho. With the new version openSL hi-res won't work with my wired headphones anymore. It did work on the 709 builds. I use a OnePlus One with Oreo. I'd appreciate if u could take a look at that.

9 hours ago, najodleglejszy said:

hi, I just received this update through Play Store, and noticed some regressions when compared to versions before the redesign:

1. it seems that long pressing the play/pause button doesn't work as "stop" action anymore as it used to in previous versions

2. I use a custom music widget made with KWGT, and for some reason displayed album art is blurred. I know that KWGT is a separate app, but every music player other than Poweramp I've tried so far (Shuttle, Vinyl, Phonograph, Retro Music Player) display the album art properly when using the same widgets, so it looks like Poweramp's using some non-standard way to display album art, and that's likely to cause complaints from other KWGT users

3. before the redesign, I was able to long press the song's title in now playing screen and choose if I want to go to the song's album, display all other songs by the song's artist, or display all songs on my device. it looks like this option is no more, and the swipe gesture changes based on whether I opened the song through Artist menu, Album menu, or All songs menu, and I'd love to see the old behaviour brought back. it also seems weird to me that while there's a swipe down gesture, there's no way to go back to the now playing screen with a gesture, too. swiping one way and having to swipe one way and tapping when going back feels disruptive.

Tap and hold the elapsed time Button

I don`t want anything on my Cover Art!!! ?

Song title and three dots ruined the cover art and there are no Options to change the size.....

Please change back!! ?

The new Seekline is ok but it shouldn`t be covered by the Buttons!

bug reporting :

choose sort by data or others will be reset to sort by title on app restart or close program and open it. 

set sort to Data added , stop playing , close program completely and reopen, see that it's set to sort by title ?

Congrats on getting it out.

I've found a few issues though.

• as others have said, there should be a more condensed view when in an album. It would be nice to list the track number and data rather than album art which is just the same.
  • constant crash if you set the album list to sort by artist/album artist (crash log sent via app)
  • the app absolutely destroys my battery life. I had my phone unplugged over night with like 80% battery and woke up to like 15% left, with Poweramp using all the juice
  • no way to remove the notification. Won't swipe to close, closing the app doesn't close it. It shouldn't be a persistent notification.

I want to report some annoying issues in last beta build (793)

First; i want to see whole album cover art and display Song, Artist and Album names on the cover album is a bad idea.

Second; under song name, it first show "Album" name and after that shows "Artist" name. I think it's better to first display "Artist" (or just give an option to choose which one comes first).

2101135412_Screenshot_-.thumb.jpg.4f1b9a1360569ba1a283acdddfe985f2.jpg

With this new Poweramp beta, scrobbling isn't working for me with SLS. Last.fm will show the Now Playing notifications, but when the track changes, the play isn't actually scrobbled. I've run into this in the past, and it's typically due to the media player not correctly communicating with SLS to tell it to scrobble.

Archived