Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

On 8/9/2018 at 11:27 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-beta-build-792-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Beta:
This Beta is feature complete release. Few things are missing though, like incomplete translations

Changes (from Beta-preview):
• all Library categories, including all the actions
• Dark Skin + per skin options - Pro Buttons, Static Wave Seekbar
• Poweramp can be shown on lockscreen (vs separate lockscreen UI previously)
• support for multiple item selection / actions in all categories, including Search
• new per-artist selectable and downloadable images
• new Low Rated category
• Folders Hierarchy (and many others) category can be enabled via Library menu => List Options
• removed ringtone action / removed per-song equalizer preset assignment
• per-output assigned presets now applied on output change and Poweramp start (previously were applied on each track change as well)
• improved headset button handling for Android 8.0+
• dynamic playlists (e.g. Recently Played, Top Rated, etc.) now can have more than 200 items as in v2
• Lenovo X3 ESS DAC 24bit support
• OpenSL HD Output renamed to OpenSL Hi-Res Output
• settings were reorganized slightly
• landscape layouts added

device-2018-08-10-063828.jpg device-2018-08-10-063936.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064003.jpg device-2018-08-10-064047.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064226.jpg device-2018-08-10-064419.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064454.jpg device-2018-08-10-064709.jpg

Any plans to improve landscape UI for tablets ? Could use some optimizations. Small bugs on my 2ng gen nexus 7.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-beta-build-792-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Beta:
This Beta is feature complete release. Few things are missing though, like incomplete translations

Changes (from Beta-preview):
• all Library categories, including all the actions
• Dark Skin + per skin options - Pro Buttons, Static Wave Seekbar
• Poweramp can be shown on lockscreen (vs separate lockscreen UI previously)
• support for multiple item selection / actions in all categories, including Search
• new per-artist selectable and downloadable images
• new Low Rated category
• Folders Hierarchy (and many others) category can be enabled via Library menu => List Options
• removed ringtone action / removed per-song equalizer preset assignment
• per-output assigned presets now applied on output change and Poweramp start (previously were applied on each track change as well)
• improved headset button handling for Android 8.0+
• dynamic playlists (e.g. Recently Played, Top Rated, etc.) now can have more than 200 items as in v2
• Lenovo X3 ESS DAC 24bit support
• OpenSL HD Output renamed to OpenSL Hi-Res Output
• settings were reorganized slightly
• landscape layouts added

device-2018-08-10-063828.jpg device-2018-08-10-063936.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064003.jpg device-2018-08-10-064047.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064226.jpg device-2018-08-10-064419.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064454.jpg device-2018-08-10-064709.jpg

Sometimes the music keeps playing but there is no sound and the equalizer looks like this.

There are some volume issues also. It is low on some headphones.

I'm using a moto X4

Screenshot_20180817-164155.png

This is an amazing update and I thank you all for the hard work done on this. 

I love that the new player now utilizes the inbuilt DAC of my phone. 

I do have a small issue though where the player doesn't remember my sorting choice. It's a little finicky. After I change to sort by year it remembers it sometimes and other times it doesn't. Not really a major issue but just something I experience.

Another small issue I see is kinda weird, the scanner doesn't seem to read all the songs of the same album in the same folder. If an album has 12 tracks, I can see  all of them in the file manager and if I use other music app players I see the entire album, however Poweramp just doesnt see all tracks. And it only occurs for one or two artists. I've changed several settings and even deleted the app and reinstalled but I get the same issue. I don't know if there is a cache/metadata repo somewhere that needs to be deleted to try again.

I also retagged my mp3 files to be consistent but I still see no changes.

In any case, just wanted to say I absolutely love this player, it's always been my favorite player and even if you charge for the upgrade I will have zero issues paying for it. Thanks again for all the work.

Edit: Wanted to add I'm using the latest build 793.

The shuffle doesn't appear to work properly all the time.

In a playlist with 34 songs it will skip certain songs. I have the playlist set to repeat and it will never play the song or songs again. I have to re-shuffle and start the playlist over to get them to be played.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Found a slightly annoying issue.

Every now and then my sort settings for List Options: Folder Songs get reset back to default. So far it only happened  for 'Sort songs by x'. View As settings didn't get reset.

This happens when I stop the playback, close the app and open it again.

How do I revert to the previous version?? I can't find it and leaving the beta is downgrading to a much over version. I mean the version before the very new one right now. I dislike it and it had many bugs for me. Please help! 

22 minutes ago, XOTWOD said:

How do I revert to the previous version?? I can't find it and leaving the beta is downgrading to a much over version. I mean the version before the very new one right now. I dislike it and it had many bugs for me. Please help! 

You're probably looking for version 790, install the apk from this thread:

790 Release Thread

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

2 hours ago, miso said:

Found a slightly annoying issue.

Every now and then my sort settings for List Options: Folder Songs get reset back to default. So far it only happened  for 'Sort songs by x'. View As settings didn't get reset.

This happens when I stop the playback, close the app and open it again.

I got the same or something like this on Xiaomi redmi 4. Sorting of albums or songs by their path in folders didn't store after closing the app. After rebooting everything became ok. Try to reboot your gadget if you didn't done it after installation of app. 

On Galaxy Note 4 android 5.1.1, Poweramp keeps telling me that i need to grant access to my micro sd card in order to delete files. It keeps asking me to grant access even though i did, and i still can't delete my music. 

7 minutes ago, imeem said:

On Galaxy Note 4 android 5.1.1, Poweramp keeps telling me that i need to grant access to my micro sd card in order to delete files. It keeps asking me to grant access even though i did, and i still can't delete my music. 

Make sure you Grant access to the root directory of you SD. If its inside a folder it won't take it.

1 hour ago, imeem said:

yup i tried granting access to the root and granting access to my music folder. But none of them worked. I did not have this issue in the previous beta build b4 the ui change. 

Did you upgrade or do a clean install? Maybe try a clean install and see if that works

o Hey, thanks for the great update!

I'm wondering can Poweramp's sample rate in Hi-Res Output mode just change according to the actual rate of the song itself, rather than set by me.

Because my songs have different rates and the unmatched sampling rate can cause some bad effects in playing back.

Thank you very much.

Guess the only real issue Over personally run into is the library list option resetting to album after a few songs of an album is played. I always have to go back and select album - album/artist after a while. That and the queue acts very differently from V2 and the alphas no matter the settings. Viciously jumping mid-song to whatever you toss into the queue instantly, IDK. On that one. 

Archived