Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

So, my bugs. Can't see files names that are set in folder (can't see the option anymore), every time I reset the phone widget gesa broken so I have to set it up again. Can't dl high res album covers while on mobile data. Also can't see the pop up volume bar anywhere in phone while Poweramp is working. Using Android 8 on LG V30. 

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, imetral said:

are you kidding me? having the artist, album and song title obscure the album cover is an awful design decision, it just looks plain bad.

Had no clue you stare at the album art as you listen to music.....

Some initial "5 minute feedback" of build 792 on my LG V20 (H990DS) running Android 7.0.0

With Hi-Res output sometimes the audio "cuts out" for a brief moment (under a second), and when refreshing in Twitter or presumably another app with notifications the audio cuts out and i played by the speaker for that brief split second. Buffer size does not affect this issue.

I suspect disabling DVC fixed the latter with the speaker, but not the former, and it makes the audio sound "different".

If Android 8.0 was available for my model of V20 I would try that, as I here 8.0 had better hi-res audio support compared to previous versions.

https://imgur.com/a/7I9dhUO

Please advise.

1 hour ago, JunBringer said:

I was so psyched too but last.fm scrobbling isn't working consistently. I'll wait for the next release and try again. Thanks @maxmp !!

I noticed that iSyncr isn't reading every track that's played anymore either. Most of them, but not all.

Otherwise, I still miss having shuffle buttons that work on Poweramp. Until they're fixed, I'll have to use something like Blackplayer for shuffling playlists in the car and such.

52 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

Honestly I don't see what people are complaining about. Looks very clean and polished.

Screenshot_2018-08-13-15-01-44.png

The main problem I have with the new design isn't even the look, but functionality.

The up/down swipe to change album/list is removed requiring us to use the "Pro Buttons", but with those enabled it makes the seekbar much harder to use because it's behind those buttons.

Bring back the up/down swipe and add some fade out options to the black text boxes across the album art (including the list views) and we'd be making major progress!

15 minutes ago, djdarko said:

The main problem I have with the new design isn't even the look, but functionality.

The up/down swipe to change album/list is removed requiring us to use the "Pro Buttons", but with those enabled it makes the seekbar much harder to use because it's behind those buttons.

Bring back the up/down swipe and add some fade out options to the black text boxes across the album art (including the list views) and we'd be making major progress!

I figured the swipe was going to get added back in in final release.

I hope that's the case and that feature is not taken out.

as for now a couple of things to notice from my experience, been using it for a couple of days.

- Shuffle seems odd, but after a while seems to start shuffle somwhow.

- in comparison with other players (as example BlackPlayer) drains battery a lot quicker, dont have screnshot but 6hs playing both Poweramp hit 25% of whole battery while 5hs BP 7-8% something like that.

- Ui looks great to me, but i will love to see the option to 1.not have the Artist picture round, doesnt seems to match the other pics display. 2.extra small display on lists would be nice as well.

so far, great Player as always

thanks @maxmp

forgot to add

- BT headphones doesn't seem to respond to play/next/pause thing

- Hi Res works like a charm ( Redmi note 3 pro Oreo)

Congratulations on the new release it looks and sound pretty good... Just found something to fix... The queue doesn't work properly,  in the previous version (and the beta) when you select a song to add to the queue the systems waited for the song playing to be over to start the queue list... Not it starts playing and interrupts the current song playing. 

Christ material design is garbage, the new UI is awful, it displays almost no information compared to the good one, adds another step or menu to almost every single user interaction that wasn't removed BuT It LoOkS nIcE.

Interface elements aren't supposed to overlap.

Blocked out text like that looks AWFUL, it always has and always will

It was nice having quick access to the EQ/visualisation stuff by swiping from the edges instead of buttons that don't fade/can be set to transparent, or at least having most of the buttons that clutter the interface now back behind a dropdown.

It was nice when back took me to the previous screen instead of the home screen.

I did like swipe up and down for swapping albums, but dragging down for the now playing is actually ok too, but having the album art bubble next to every track is tacky.

It shows 9 tracks on the good interface and 4 on the new one, with no obvious sign which track in the now playing list is the on currently playing, just an extra element on the bottom of the screen.

I'll conceed I only play albums instead of playlists so it might work better with a couple of hundred tracks but it'd be nice to have either or, in either case a more compacted menu would work better imo.

I understand that you've gotta update the look and feel so it doesn't get stale, and so you can clean things up but Poweramp started as a clean, tight interface and the design language has been more or less consistent, now it's getting changed up because ????????

It is butter smooth though, even on an older phone I have it runs really well, other than that sort by album artist bug a few other people have mentioned the back end seems pretty solid.

As for people complaining about "what do you look at the interface all the time?", Yes, yes I actually do I have an android tablet built in to the dash of my car running Poweramp... I have yet to test it there but ironically the new interface would probably actually work well for me there.

Great build, same bugs that have been mentioned, this may sound silly but I'd like the option to have the visualisation as a background playing behind the artwork and controls,like it looks before the controls fade out when you have that setting checked.

7 minutes ago, BryanP24 said:

Congratulations on the new release it looks and sound pretty good... Just found something to fix... The queue doesn't work properly,  in the previous version (and the beta) when you select a song to add to the queue the systems waited for the song playing to be over to start the queue list... Not it starts playing and interrupts the current song playing. 

Have you tried changing the settings? It's in Settings>Library>Queue and disable "Start Playing Queue Immediately".

After living with 793, it's turning out to be, overall, a good long step forward. However, UI still strikes me as having a number of "changes for change's sake". Notably, the new slider for where the player is in a track (1/4 way through? 2/3 through?) is now an display of approximate volume, but the "front to back - how far are we?" full bar is missing. Right now I have 56 min track running, and there's no hint, from the sliding volume plot, where in the track the player is. The sliding bar is, ultimately, nice to look at but of little practical value. The thing of value, the original slider is no longer present. 

I'll repeat comments from other posts, there's no apparent way to shuffle only inside the current queue.  

Probably the biggest problem I've had with PP is the lack of some sort of user manual to explain the many features and how to use them. 

So, I'm happy to see that Beta V3 is out, but I'm having issues, and some of them are serious:

- My biggest issue is that if I'm using my wired headphones, Poweramp doesn't recognize play/pause/skip actions demanded by the headphones... this is weird because only happens when the screen is off / my phone is locked. 

- Somethin' weirder: The app refuses to play stereo audio (WTF?); It ramdomly happens, but when it does... man it's annoying. Eventually, the problem corrects itself, but I'm not sure if its my phone's fault / is a software-related issue. 

- Tempo button doesn't work at all and I didn't found a workaround, yet. 

-Some overlapped text... probably related to the low resolution (960x540) in a shitt* Galaxy S4 Mini LOL

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180813-175204.thumb.png.ddde136a9cd8d7b136bd38be10a1aac4.pngScreenshot_Poweramp_20180813-175326.thumb.png.19a0959486ee856b29e5914938e2158b.png

- Widget doesn't work properly when Poweramp isn't running in the background. 

- Previous/Next buttons doesn't do the rewind/fast forward action.

- Dragging down it's pointless when tapping the song cover does the exact same action... i'd prefer "Tapping the cover" to direct you to the song's album. 

- Song info above the cover it's horrible.

- Clear All button isn't working in the search box.

It's good to see that the best music player in Android it's getting better... but it is by no means perfect... yet. 

Keep the good work, Max.

Archived