Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks awesome! The new UI needs getting used to so I don't yet feel entirely justified to criticize it. But when I have the viz enabled, either fullscreen or background, I'd like to be able to hide the viz menu/control bar at the top overlaying the album art.
Other than that and the widgets (which have been mentioned throughout this thread) need some ironing out, it looks and feel pretty awesome!

Thanks for sticking to it @maxmp

On 8/11/2018 at 9:21 PM, djdarko said:

example1.thumb.png.ae79da03b461080f058e8a2d72cb8774.png

Suggested option or change:

1. Remove text from album art, remove black dot, leaving only 3 white dots for "info" button.

2. Add slim seekbar to the bottom, make full seekbar opaque or hide it until the slim seekbar is touched.

3. Make the "NINE INCH NAILS/AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN" text box cycle the Song Title > Artist/Album > Bitrate etc. to time/touch, starting with Song Title for each new track. And maybe add a set of checkbox options in the settings to select what info is cycled.

TEXT BOX INFO:

[X] SONG TITLE
[X] ALBUM TITLE
[O] NEXT SONG
[O] BITRATE
[O] OUTPUT

that literally fixes all of my issues with the new UI. @maxmp PLEASE take some hints from this.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:12 PM, Kidsnd274 said:

2. When playing from a playlist, the shuffle feature right now has some issues. Enabling shuffle and tapping on next track would go to the top of the list and play songs in order (even though shuffling songs is turned on).

Chiming in on the same exact issue. Only "shuffle all songs" is functional.

Android 8.0 on Galaxy S8+

On 8/12/2018 at 4:21 AM, djdarko said:

example1.thumb.png.ae79da03b461080f058e8a2d72cb8774.png

Suggested option or change:

1. Remove text from album art, remove black dot, leaving only 3 white dots for "info" button.

2. Add slim seekbar to the bottom, make full seekbar opaque or hide it until the slim seekbar is touched.

3. Make the "NINE INCH NAILS/AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN" text box cycle the Song Title > Artist/Album > Bitrate etc. to time/touch, starting with Song Title for each new track. And maybe add a set of checkbox options in the settings to select what info is cycled.

TEXT BOX INFO:

[X] SONG TITLE
[X] ALBUM TITLE
[O] NEXT SONG
[O] BITRATE
[O] OUTPUT

Man - GREAT. It looks very very nice and logical.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:04 PM, Michael me said:

This is beautiful, but I'm in the boat of those who had working OpenSL ES HD on the 790 beta preview, but no working Hi Res Output on either 709 or 792/793.  My device is the HTC 10 and I'm on a Nougat Lineage ROM.

My question is: is there the possibility that the new UI will get applied to the 790 beta preview audio engine? I'd be satisfied permanently, if so.

Maybe it doesn't work because you're on Lineage ROM. Hi-Res output works fine for me on latest Oreo ROM (LeeDroid).

Only one problem though (not sure if it's my settings). When some notification appears along with its default sound, music stops playing on my earphones and starts playing through the speaker for 2 seconds, and then reverts back to earphones.

3 minutes ago, Filip777 said:

Maybe it doesn't work because you're on Lineage ROM. Hi-Res output works fine for me on latest Oreo ROM (LeeDroid).

Only one problem though (not sure if it's my settings). When some notification appears along with its default sound, music stops playing on my earphones and starts playing through the speaker for 2 seconds, and then reverts back to earphones.

same here, so I made a tasker profile so when music is playing it turns on do not disturb, but, sometimes when i stop playing music, unplug the headphones, and later want to listen to music again, doesn't matter if I plug the headphones or not, the sound will still go ONLY through speaker, so I need to reboot the phone to make the sound go to the headphones again

42 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

Ugly concept. But you can always make your own skin and host it on Google play.

are you kidding me? having the artist, album and song title obscure the album cover is an awful design decision, it just looks plain bad.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:25 PM, beastobadness said:

This feels much more polished than v790 even though v792/793 is a final stage beta. I am finding bugs but they have already been mentioned earlier.

Bit of a learning curve to get used to the new UI but it looks great and sounds excellent. HiRes working perfectly wired and wireless on my Axon 7.

@maxmp don't listen to the negativity, it just shows the community passion for your great work. Big kudos bud?

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180810-104005.png

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180810-103642.png

How are you getting this audio info window in the latest beta?

20 minutes ago, imetral said:

are you kidding me? having the artist, album and song title obscure the album cover is an awful design decision, it just looks plain bad.

Hey now .. why are you wasting your time saying the same thing everyone is ranting about. Its not that awful a decision when you accept that change is necessary ☺️ . The only thing to be done is to refine the boxes which surround the meta & an option to hide them if necessary

La actualización tiene algunos fallos. La lista comienza desde 0 cada vez que se cierra la aplicación y se vuelve a abrir. En la pantalla de bloqueo o del repriductor las letras salen muy grandes, no se ve el nombre entero del título de algunas canciones y no se desplaza para mostrarlo. Tampoco sale el contador de canciones y no está la opción para ponerlo. Los botones están puestos de una forma que resulta muy incómodo para desplazarte por la canción. Tampoco aparece el botón para desbloquear como estaba antes (deslizar, pulsar...) Lo único que me gusta es que ahora las carátulas se ven bien, no como antes que salían algunas distorsionadas.

I may be repeating an earlier post (can't find it, if I even saved/submitted it.)

One complaint was about turning off the spectrum, etc. - I found it. Strike that complaint.

I complained about not being able to shuffle only within the queue. If the capability exists, I can't find it. Does it exist? If not, please add soonest, ignoring every other "want it yesterday" request, of course. ;)

This UI on this release does look better but harder to use and less intuitive.

Also every time i get a message notification with a bluetooth headset connected the notification tone and music would both stutter ?

I will be rolling back to the previous release, not sure why i updated to begin with. It was working perfectly before.

Thank you for the app though, its the first app i ever purchased on android.

Now, to the stuttering and crackling sound, the disabled buttons for rewinding the track, the speaker was added when the headset was connected.
It's not beta, it's that first letter before alpha, which was removed from the ancient Greek alphabet by Plato.
And yes, it's a fiasco, bro.
Has returned on 790.

Теперь к заикающемуся и трескучему звуку, неработающим кнопкам для перемотки трека, добавилось включение динамика при подключении гарнитуры.
Это не бета, это та первая буква перед альфа, которую исключил из древнего греческого алфавита Платон.
И да, это фиаско, братан.
Вернулся на 790.

Archived