Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a "Unfortunately, Poweramp has stopped." message while opening Poweramp 792 uni version. Tried removing previous version and reinstalling first, but still no luck. I'm using Oppo Find 7a. Anyone having the same problem?

EDIT: Placing the widget and playing the music through there works, but app still FC when trying to open the real app.

Actually I had given up on the original Poweramp, as well as the beta versions, and instead purchased Neutron.
Wasn't neither satisfied with Neutron, and gave the new beta Poweramp a last change, and hurried for a Neutron refund.

The new Poweramp is by far the best sounding Android player and the interface is quite fancy - but ...

The lists is not consistence, where the Artist uses rounded images and Album square images with overlaid text - I prefer square images with text below. Like others, text overlay on image is not an option, as well as duplicate images in the track list of the playing album, and font size is missing.
Zooming of lists is a pleasure.

1616632324_Poweramp-List.png.43a125596546d5d3f0ca28aff57f5414.png

Parametric Equalizer.
The Tone controls have always been a mystery to me, as the bass and treble only can be increased. Also the new Reverb section is not an option for me.

Therefore a parametric equalizer section would be very much appreciated, as it is much easier to control than a band equalizer. Most albums require small adjustment for bass and treble, to get the optimal sound experience, where parametric shelfs are by far the best way to do this.

Below is my suggestion to such a parametric equalizer, where it replaces the Reverb section.
Note the 'Lock to ...' where the setting can be locked to an album, playlist, record, etc. for each playing unit.
544379839_Poweramp-EQ.thumb.png.e293fc06228ae92395a2aab69bb5e838.png

Hello. I will write through google translate.

I have a phone highscreen boost 3 pro firmware, android 5.1.
The sound engine does not work well on My phone.
1. The sound became worse compared to 790, the sound became flat, the detail is smaller, and the high frequencies are very pronounced.
2. Strange is going on and the output of Hi_Res, I listen to 16 \ 44 (CD flac), the output of the player is 48kHz, I select 48 kHz and he tells me 192kHz.

3. And for some reason it always showed sampling frequency of 24 bits, and now 32 bits.

Thank you for your attention, I hope that the sound will be fixed.

5 hours ago, placa22 said:

It looks good but seekbar is weird and interface is a bit difficult. I need more accurate my finger. Good is searching lyrics on web. Icons in list are too big for me. If I find more changes I don't like I'll write them here. Thanks :)

Max said that the icon orientation is yet to be properly smoothed out..the grid list icons are bigger than the 790 with bigger meta inside them.. max will most probably fix it in the next beta or the final v3

Very very buggy. 

Lost all top rated song list. 

Screen switches to black way too fast. Did disable the feature in settings. Doesn't remember preferences. 

How do I unsubscribe from the beta program?

S8+ Android 8.0.0

BTW I'm on 793.not 792.why am I on this thread? When you press contact support, it sends me here. GG

17 hours ago, Filoppi said:

-Animations speed is not multiplied by the system animation speed, which i find annoying because i don't like waiting for animation to be completed so i set the animation scale to 0 in android developer options.

-Add a new "View As" setting for lists as "List - Small" is too large on a Galaxy S7, it's hard to see all the songs of an album in the same screen. You could add "List - Extra Small".

-The back button management is still horrible, back should always go back to the last library page you came from, even if you are in the "playing song" view. It should never close the app, for that we have the home button! Why have 2 buttons that do the same thing in most cases?
Even you you listening to a song you found from a search, it should go back to the artist anyway.

-When i'm listening to a song and i click on the 3 dots and click GO TO ARTIST, i'd expect the "Artist Albums" view, not the "All Artists Songs" view. If statistically most people don't think like me, then make it an option in the settings or add another button, GO TO ARTIST ALBUMS/SONG.

-When clicking on an an artist from the search page, you should go into "Artist Albums" view, or again, give the user a setting.

-Notifications (e.g. Shuffle Songs And Categories) are always shown on top of important UI elements, blocking their visibility and the ability to click them.

-Searching should prioritize Artist over Albums, or give the user the choice over the priority.

-If the library only has 1 option (e.g. Artists), you could add an option to go to it directly when trying to go to the library (and a reset button in the general settings), this would make browsing much faster for users like me.

-In the previous version you used to be able to click on the 3 dots in the library and start "Shuffle all" and it would shuffle all songs in random order. Now the is no quick way of doing this unless you open the "All Songs view". There should be one.

-Make search context based? Or at least add it as an option. For example if you are in an "All Artists Songs" view and you click search, you probably want to search within that list, not the whole library.

-Idea/setting: don't clear the search if the new search phrase doesn't return any results, but the previous search phrase had some (e.g. write "The Beatles" and the you accidentally click on another key and everything disappears).

Pretty much my experience with this. A few additions:
- Extra small list could do without album art.
- When I open a playlist, a third of the screen is taken up by useless playlist name and album art. It doesn't need to be larger than a line. For some reason a lot of "modern" music players do this and it's annoying.
- I used to be able to use filter to find specific song in any list and keep playing the whole list. Context sensitive search on the press of one button would be even better. At least add an option to search whole library/now playing.
- Swipe down opens current list, but swipe up does nothing? Same action would make for less confusion.
- Seek is an option I might want to use once a year. Swipe to change track is something I use every time I'm in my car. In landscape 2/3 of the screen is used for a useless action. Maybe add option to disable seek?

Also, shuffle doesn't seem to apply when I start playback, though that seems to be a known issue.

On 11.08.2018 at 16:54, Tip-top said:

Я думаю, что лучший вариант - сделать версию 709 базовой. Знакомый, удобный интерфейс, возможность сторонних разработчиков писать скины. Да, и работает в нем без проблем. Я считаю, что новый интерфейс неудовлетворительный и неудобный, а также множество ошибок и неудобств в библиотеке. Я предлагаю проголосовать за это.

Отличная идея! полностью поддерживаю !

On 8/10/2018 at 12:57 PM, Jamal merhi said:

Omg its very bad update, I'm using Poweramp for a 4 years i think, and its the most awful update, you change everything about the app that i love, and the search engine not working well, and i don't want to change song by gesture and i cannot turn it off, 

? Troof. I can understand that some people might like swiping, but I find it to be nothing but a nuisance.

Hi,

Best music player for android, but has few bugs or issues...

Shuffle not working at all

Eq not change on speaker and headphone

Not optimized for 18:9 resolution (control panel too big)

If visulation is on, screen go black too fast

Option to reset dynamic lists

V2 style equalizer i liked it more(option to change)

V2 had deeper bass and way richer sound i think

7 hours ago, YanALC said:

I caught my phone now for test the shuffle again and, for my surprise, the feature don't working again, worse than that, the app crashed and corrupted my playlist. For my luck, I always backup all my playlists. I'm very disappointed.

Very disappointed?  LOL.  This is a beta release, not a pre release or a final release.  You're supposed to discover bugs and report them, and there's even a dedicated bug report forum for v3 right here:  https://forum.powerampapp.com/forum/19-bug-reports-Poweramp-v3/

I notice you haven't filed it as a bug yet in the appropriate forum.

5 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Also I rooted my device on 10P. I'm on a stock ROM, with only Xposed. No audio mods 

Hmm that is strange. Only thing I could suggest is try removing Xposed to see if it conflicting in some way. Are you on super su or magisk? I'm on magisk simply for the ease of switching modules. So much faster than dirty flashing it restoring system backup like on super su

About the back button if pressed go back to library, is this only for the beta release? I think it would be better if the back button it go back to previous page. It juat bother me that everytime it sent me back to the library when i want to go back to the album song list. As for everything else i really like it. And also haven't encounter any crash. Thank you very much

Re: back button.

The back button (and navigation paths overal) is the same is Poweramp v1/v2/v2alpha - that's not changed.
Poweramp by default starts on main now playing screen. Back button returns (eventually) to that screen, next back button press returns to launcher.

If Start at Library option is activated, Poweramp starts on Library screen. Back button returns (eventually) to that screen, next back button press returns to launcher.
This may be confusing if previously some other players were used with the concept of List first, when now playing is just a secondary panel.

In Poweramp now playing is a primary screen.

1 minute ago, elcosomalo said:

Guys, please... change that Skin, go back with the original... it is a mess of things in the screen and is not easy to use with one hand. Please have this in mind, we use the phones in the street, while walking.

Feel free to use the 709 if the old ui is what you want. However the new ui is liked by most of the community and hence cannot be changed over individual preferences.

5 minutes ago, elcosomalo said:

Guys, please... change that Skin, go back with the original... it is a mess of things in the screen and is not easy to use with one hand. Please have this in mind, we use the phones in the street, while walking.

Do you listen to music, or all the time in the phone sticking, admiring the interface of the player? If so, then so strange.

2 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

Feel free to use the 709 if the old ui is what you want. However the new ui is liked by most of the community and hence cannot be changed over individual preferences.

My concern is that this will be the official skin when the official new version gets released and it will not be possible to choose an older version.

Just now, elcosomalo said:

My concern is that this will be the official skin when the official new version gets released and it will not be possible to choose an older version.

Yes, it does not work out. Only if the modders do not come up with other skins.

5 hours ago, ShadowSkill said:

I got a "Unfortunately, Poweramp has stopped." message while opening Poweramp 792 uni version. Tried removing previous version and reinstalling first, but still no luck. I'm using Oppo Find 7a. Anyone having the same problem?

EDIT: Placing the widget and playing the music through there works, but app still FC when trying to open the real app.

I even can't open the app,  using oppo f1 so im go back using v790

Archived