Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mittu said:

The beta build 793 shows many problems in my Redminote4 (android 7.miui.9.6.2)

1) If a notification appeared When playing hi res audio through headset the audio focus changes and after that the music is played both speaker and headset simultaneously ?.

2) Also the list options is not working properly. It doesn't retain after closing the app. 

There were many other problems but I'm reluctant to use Poweramp now ?? because of the first reason

This happens to me whenever I receive a call in whatsapp. Poweramp plays the song loud in headphone and phone speaker along with whatsapp incoming call ringtone

On 8/10/2018 at 7:55 PM, Draconican said:

Ok I've updated Poweramp to v792. The UI seems to be welcoming, Problem is the sound quality isn't. Before it sounded flawlessly on v790, but now after the update it sounded muddy, distorted, and has low volume output. Also idk for some reason that turning on DVC mutes the sound output. (No sound output for High Res audio) High Resolution Audio isn't working well Max, help. Before it was flawless. 

Phone: Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL

SNAPDRAGON 625

Thanks for the update! 

Screenshot_20180810-205943.png

it's same like me on xiaomi redmi note 4x (snapdragon 625), on hi-res output it's read as Direct HD not Snapdragon 24 bit PCM like usual or on last build 790. Sound output is still better from last version than now, but interface seems good so it can cover it although not really good.

I hope you can fix it, sir (@maxmp)

4 minutes ago, CodeLyokoXteam said:

Yup. you can download beta in apkmirror.

@maxmp I think you change some settings in release play store beta update. Because I'm beta tester, but when now I goto that link it show above error.

Yeah I've downloaded it from apkmirror at last. I'm on beta version on PlayStore

Screenshot_20180812-093928.jpg

1 hour ago, Tristan Young said:

Wow, that seems like a gross amount of bass.  You're cranking the bass, AND you're boosting the low frequencies.

No, I don't see any problem with that.  ;)

I keep the bass and treble controls flat, and rather than boosting the frequencies I want to enhance, I cut the other frequencies.  Gives the same effective boost - with none of the issues associated with boosting a lot.  Sometimes you have to boost, but generally you should make small adjustments.

I like bass and highs, but not at the expense of distortion, artifacts, etc.

The kind of music I listen to is bass-heavy, such as dark psy-trance.  For this, I actually keep my bass flat. A little more bass sounds nicer, but the moment I start hitting the levels you're pushing your bass and EQ, I get horrible distortion and artifacts.  Just tested this myself.  Ugh.  Don't do that!

I noticed the sound popping real loud every now and then.  It did it on my bluetooth headphones and I think on my bluetooth speaker.  I never heard it do that before the update.  

I just want to say the new version is pretty cool in person.  i love the animations especially on the 3 dot circle button when the info pops up on the screen.  I don't like the words over the album covers though.  I find the player easy to use.  Unlike Black Player the gestures are hard to figure out how to get from one screen to another.  and on the Black Player the EQ screen is hard to swipe out of it without hitting a slider and mess the EQ up.  I think Max did a good job balancing gestures and non gestures with a modern design.  and the EQ is easy to get too.  Definitely better in person then looking at screenshots.  

Only problem i have so far is the playlists aren't shuffling the songs right.  like today it was shuffling the first few albums in the playlist such as from Clint Black and Clay Walker.  never would shuffle the rest of the thousand something song playlist.  i moved it over to Deana Carter and after that song it goes back to playing the Clay Walker or Clint Black it already played through.  

I hope a fix is in the works SOON because I'm going to go out of my mind with no shuffle.  

2 hours ago, Userfh said:

There is sound distortion when using customized equalizer.  Before I was able to Bass at 70+ percentage without  distortion  now its sound like cracking Bass used limited option and still  has the cracking sound on Bass using headphones or phone speaker is sounding awful. Could you please check it Mr Amp. My divice is a MotoZ force Android 8.0. Screenshot_20180811-210859.thumb.png.2b17facdab453824d247524a99cf88b3.png

I'm facing the same problem on my Infinix note 4 please fix

21 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I just want to say the new version is pretty cool in person.  i love the animations especially on the 3 dot circle button when the info pops up on the screen.  I don't like the words over the album covers though.  I find the player easy to use.  Unlike Black Player the gestures are hard to figure out how to get from one screen to another.  and on the EQ screen how to swipe out of it without hitting a slider and mess the EQ up.  I think Max did a good job balancing gestures and non gestures with a modern design.  and the EQ is easy to get too.  Definitely better in person then looking at screenshots.  

Only problem i have so far is the playlists aren't shuffling the songs right.  like today it was shuffling the first few albums in the playlist such as from Clint Black and Clay Walker.  never would shuffle the rest of the thousand something song playlist.  i moved it over to Deana Carter and after that song it goes back to playing the Clay Walker or Clint Black it already played through.  

I hope a fix is in the works SOON because I'm going to go out of my mind with no shuffle.  

To get out of the equalizer you just have to touch the song title or the art cover at the bottom of the screen,it takes you to the player.

4 hours ago, Abaddon Ormuz said:

So I have to unlock first? ?

If I drag down the notification it shows the button, but it also prompts for password.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibv2i15eiz48sog/poweramp_792_20180811.mp4

On most Android phones I've had you just tap and pull down just enough to expand it. Doesn't take much but I know I've heard of a lot of different lock screen implementations depending on manufacturer. Maybe try tap and holding on it to expand. Ive heard of that before on certain phones to expand the notifications.

6 hours ago, BROKEN said:

If I turn off DVC it works perfectly. Ofc DVC sounds better on. So I have to turn it off and on to get volume control to work.

Everything is default except for audio.

What V20 variant are you on and what firmware version? I'm on 10u for H918. So maybe it has to do with firmware differences??

I'm guessing you've already tried reinstall or clearing data? Also I never found it the difference between 792 & 793 but I'm on 793 from play store not the link so maybe try that??

28 minutes ago, pauldamo said:

To get out of the equalizer you just have to touch the song title or the art cover at the bottom of the screen,it takes you to the player.

I know that but on black player you have to swipe sideways carefully or you hit the sliders and mess up the settings. It took me forever to figure it out. I fixed my post to make it more clear.   I wasn't asking how.  I was saying it was hard,  but it didn't come out the way it was in my mind. 

It looks good but seekbar is weird and interface is a bit difficult. I need more accurate my finger. Good is searching lyrics on web. Icons in list are too big for me. If I find more changes I don't like I'll write them here. Thanks :)

5 hours ago, djdarko said:

1373492006_guisuggestion.thumb.png.cdd4fef0c8cc823d33818dbc54ee0417.png

Suggested option or change:

1. Remove text from album art, remove black dot, leaving only 3 white dots for "info" button.

2. Add slim seekbar to the bottom, make full seekbar opaque or hide it until the slim seekbar is touched.

3. Make the "NINE INCH NAILS/AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN" text box cycle the Song Title > Artist/Album > Bitrate etc. to time/touch, starting with Song Title for each new track. And maybe add a set of checkbox options in the settings to select what info is cycled.

TEXT BOX INFO:

[X] SONG TITLE
[X] ALBUM TITLE
[O] NEXT SONG
[O] BITRATE
[O] OUTPUT

+1

3 hours ago, SachinSachi said:

Hi guys.. I found a bug.. Shuffle is not working in playlist... Other than this evrything is working fine

I caught my phone now for test the shuffle again and, for my surprise, the feature don't working again, worse than that, the app crashed and corrupted my playlist. For my luck, I always backup all my playlists. I'm very disappointed.

Poweramp IS GREAT BUT ONLY AND ONLY ONE THING I NEED TO SAY IT SHOWS ALWAYS ON LOCKSCREEN IT SHOWS PLAYING SONGS BUT IT NOT PLAY ANYTHING.....

Can MAXMP update it and last final touch .....

Please maxmp.....

With regards 

@PANKAJ CHATTERJEE.

I noticed that Poweramp continues to run in the background even after closing it. I experienced the same issue with the 709 version but not with the alpha 790. Is this a bug? I can't even close it in my power settings because it is osed but still runs. 

Another question. I'm sure it was already discussed, but what is the difference between version 792 and 793?

3 hours ago, KUSOsan said:

What V20 variant are you on and what firmware version? I'm on 10u for H918. So maybe it has to do with firmware differences??

I'm guessing you've already tried reinstall or clearing data? Also I never found it the difference between 792 & 793 but I'm on 793 from play store not the link so maybe try that??

We have the same device and version. Also same version of Poweramp.

Yeah, this is very odd.

3 hours ago, KUSOsan said:

Also I rooted my device on 10P. I'm on a stock ROM, with only Xposed. No audio mods 

Archived