Fade-in at beginning of track (still present in alpha-709 build)

danhash

When I start a track, the first ~half second doesn't play due to a fade-in. I have many songs that start immediately with a drum hit or a loud note, but Poweramp has an aggressive fade-in at the beginning of a track (even the fade/cross-fade settings disabled), so the very first part of the track is missed. (I reported this for v2 here and was asked to test it on alpha.)

On the Audio -> Crossfade and Fade screen, there are two relevant options:

• Fade play/pause/stop - This is off
  • Play/pause/stop fade length - This cannot be set to zero

Even Fade play/pause/stop disabled, the fade length setting is still honored. I can improve the situation by changing the length to 50 ms, but this value cannot be set to zero.

A good way to illustrate this is to set the fade length setting to 1000ms and then play a track that is immediately loud; you will hear the very noticeable fade in, even with Fade play/pause/stop disabled.

Seems like the fix for this would be to honor the Fade play/pause/stop setting and/or allow the fade length value to be set to 0.

I have purchased the full version, but this setting is so important to me I'd be happy to donate extra $$ to see it resolved :)

Versions:
alpha-build-709-play (Full Version)
Samsung Galaxy S7
Android version 8.0.0

• 3 weeks later...

@djdarko,

Just installed 792 and playing with it. So far, Last.fm scrobbling isn't working, I can't disable swiping to change tracks, and there doesn't seem to be a normal seekbar. Even if the fade is fixed, all three of these issues are dealbreakers for me, so I may have to switch back to the last stable version. I'll still test fade before switching back though. Thanks.

I just tested the fade-in again with In Your Words by Lamb of God, and the problem isn't even close to fixed. If I start on the previous track and hit next track, there's a fade-in. Also, if a different track is playing and I tap on the track to play it, there's a fade-in. Poweramp is simply not honoring the settings, still.

• 5 months later...

Archived