Jump to content

crash when browsing folders EDIT: solved! rom issue

Recommended Posts

please see relevant part from logcat:


07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: thumb handler
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.maxmpz.audioplayer, PID: 4723
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IllegalStateException: newPosition should be in the window at this point
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMove(SQLiteCursor.java:133)
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMoveWithBoundsCheck(SQLiteCursor.java:158)
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToPosition(AbstractCursor.java:219)
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToNext(AbstractCursor.java:313)
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data.0xFF.l1I.llll(":193)
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data.0xFF.Il1.handleMessage(":71)
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
07-16 10:23:41.747  4723  4817 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)
07-16 10:23:41.797   579  4326 W ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity com.maxmpz.audioplayer/.PlayListActivity

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

And your device, Poweramp version, ROM version, etc?

A couple of things you could try (especially if you are using one of the v3 test releases):

  • Uninstall and reinstall the app (without restoring any backed up settings to start with)
  • Reformat your SD Card and copy all the contents back again (do this with the phone off)
  • Check for any folders or filenames (or tags) with unusual characters, occasionally some extended ASCII characters can cause issues.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Poweramp Version is latest 2.x from playstore (during test period still). I also registered for the beta programm, to check version3.

Android Version is 8.1, self compiled rom, based off aosp. Meanwhile i have changed SQLiteCursor.onMove function, to not throw an exception, but only return false (although, this has been aosp code i changed there...). This should workaround the issue i guess.


edit: just compared the rom against aosp more detailed...seems to be a rom issue. sorry for the trouble

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...