Persistent squeaks PLEASE HELP

Rootytootybooty

Poweramp is the best app that I have found for listening to music and I'd rather not have to delete it. Basically it constantly plays a low squeaking sound whenever music is playing, it's persistent in the fact that it happens every few seconds or so of the song which turns into upwards of 20 times of the sound playing, please help

You posted in the v3 development forum, but you appear to be using the original v2  build of Poweramp.

It might be worth increasing the audio buffer size and the thread priority in Settings. If those don't help, try downloading build 709 from the Downloads tab at the top of this page and see if the newer v3 audio engine helps.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 7:33 PM, Rootytootybooty said:

Poweramp is the best app that I have found for listening to music and I'd rather not have to delete it. Basically it constantly plays a low squeaking sound whenever music is playing, it's persistent in the fact that it happens every few seconds or so of the song which turns into upwards of 20 times of the sound playing, please help

Wired (car or head/earphones), bluetooth, or casting through wifi?

On 8/1/2018 at 1:19 AM, Rootytootybooty said:

Where do I go to adjust buffer size? Also this happens whether I use my wired headphones or the in-device speakers

Capture+_2018-07-31-10-15-13.png

Audio/Output/select which you use and is active, then select the gear on the right of the device relevant,then you will see buffer setting.

Archived