License Check Issues

PeterFalk

Same issue here. The player is returning issue number 16 which means lucky patcher. But it's showing the same thing again and again even before lucky patcher getting installed. I got used to it and so I am installing lucky pather every time after Poweramp getting licence checked when my Rom is changed. But this time it's returning this even before lucky patcher installation.

33 minutes ago, WVUTampaAlum said:

Is it possible to downgrade on a non rooted phone?

It is but it's not as simple as the rooted method of flashing an earlier Google play services version in recovery. It requires using adb and fastboot. Take a look at this...

https://thedroidguru.com/how-to-downgrade-an-android-app-without-root/

...but honestly, if you have never used these and are not prepared to root, just bite your bottom lip and wait till Google fix it their end.

Are you on Oreo or some earlier version of Android?

7 hours ago, snaketooth said:

I disable the Google play store and reenable it to get it to downgrade and then the licenses checked went right through

It all depends on the Android version. I went with the reflashing of GApp's as I am rooted with magisk. I will say that it has not attempted to update itself back to 10.7.xx, could be that Google have pulled that version their end.

There does indeed appear to be a problem with an update to Google Play / gapps on certain versions of Android which is causing issues for a number of apps which use this system at the moment. Max is looking into it in case that is what is causing the recent increase in people experiencing licence validation issues. Rolling back from the latest update of the Play Store app (if you are able) seems to be a temporary solution.

Andre

52 minutes ago, funkybudda said:

not familiar with how to roll back Google Play, can that be done on stock Verizon Android phones?

Yes, you can do it via an ADB connection from a PC: https://thedroidguru.com/how-to-downgrade-an-android-app-without-root/ . Double-check that you are actually on Google Play 10.7.x before bothering though (and also check to see if 10.7.19 is available yet as a regular update, as that is meant to fix the problem)

Andre

Archived