Jump to content
Poweramp
Rashtu

Mi A1 doesn't support hi-res output

Recommended Posts

Hi,, Mi A1 uses DIRAC HD. I think power amp doesn't support the DAC. It only plays 16-bit/48kHz. But we bought Mi A1 for higher quality of music. So plz fix this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.?

073017.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What version of PA, are you using 709 or 790? (709 would be better to test with, as 790 doesn't so so much checking of whether the output options are valid or not) And what does your audio_policy.conf file indicate?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, this device has no software support for Hi-Res (no qualcomm patches), despite capable hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagus MF said:

use Poweramp build v.790 it should be work as i am.. HD Output support 24/192kHz

No, unfortunately, build 790 won't help (despite showing 192k 24bit label), as it's a device+ROM limitation. This will just eat your battery faster and produce slightly worse audio due to resampling back from hi-res.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, maxmp said:

No, unfortunately, build 790 won't help (despite showing 192k 24bit label), as it's a device+ROM limitation. This will just eat your battery faster and produce slightly worse audio due to resampling back from hi-res.

but in mine ,it works.. sampling rate at bottom button shows 24/192khz

it show accurately or what ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagus MF said:

but in mine ,it works.. sampling rate at bottom button shows 24/192khz

Poweramp is sampling to 24/192 for its internal processing, but whether the final output stages of your device are then reconverting it back down to to 16 and 44/48 is another question. PA build 709 is better at detecting this and offering suitable choices, whereas build 790 just allowed you to select the option in PA without knowing what will actually reach your ears.

You can check further in a command-line terminal app or using ADB on a computer.

In a terminal emulator on your device:

su            <--- then grant root permission
dumpsys media.audio_flinger

Or via ABD on a computer:

adb shell dumpsys media.audio_flinger

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 3:52 PM, andrewilley said:

Poweramp is sampling to 24/192 for its internal processing, but whether the final output stages of your device are then reconverting it back down to to 16 and 44/48 is another question. PA build 709 is better at detecting this and offering suitable choices, whereas build 790 just allowed you to select the option in PA without knowing what will actually reach your ears.

You can check further in a command-line terminal app or using ADB on a computer.

In a terminal emulator on your device:


su            <--- then grant root permission
dumpsys media.audio_flinger

Or via ABD on a computer:


adb shell dumpsys media.audio_flinger

Andre

So MiA1 doesn't Support Hi-Res Audio ?

but why in USB Audio Player they can output up to 24/192khz (Direct mode with Hi-Res Driver Output Selected) 

 

edited : works fine in latest local log it's show 192000

when i play spotify , latest local log show 44100

it mean work or what ?  @maxmp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp Hi-Res seems worked in Mi A1 CustomROM maybe they included the Qualcomm patches as they using latest-CAF but i dont know, i faced this while using stock ROM too. but sometime this Hi-Res output doesnt work, its like not recognizing my headset being plugged and start to make an inappropriate noise, idk what its called, i need to restart my phone to fix this idk if this rom bug of pa bug, maybe you can figured it out. Im using PA Beta 709

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180622-034833.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...