Voice activated search and playback

The only thing I'd like to see added to Poweramp is the ability to play songs, albums, playlists, etc., by voice command.  I can tell my Google Assistant to play X song by Y artist, but it only searches through internet streaming services.  Ford vehicles with SYNC can play songs from iPods and iPhones (and supposedly Androids) by voice command, but I don't have SYNC and I can't scroll through the 3000+ songs on my phone while I'm driving.  I know some brands, like Samsung, have a voice activated playback feature, but it's only for the stock music player, which doesn't do ReplayGain...I can't not have ReplayGain.

If you tell Google Assistant to play X song/album by Y artist with Poweramp, it should work the way you want it to. At least it does on my S7.

"OK Google. Play With or Without You by U2 with Poweramp."

Most of the time I don't bother with artist unless I know there is more than one version of a song in my collection. 'Kiss' by Prince or Tom Jones, for example.

But if I do that, I can't choose a playlist, or all songs by one artist, or all songs on 1 album, or songs in a genre.  Once you tell the Google Assistant to play a song in Poweramp, it changes the playlist to "All Songs", that is a single playlist of every song in the Poweramp library, and you can't get specify a specific playlist, artist, or album list with the Google Assisant.

Archived