Sign in to follow this  
athegn

Latest Poweramp on Jelly Bean 4.2.2

I using an old Andriod 4.2.2 phone as a stand alone music player. No SIM card, so no mobile data but with wifi available when at home; most use is at home.

Lately all sorts of problems. Keeps reporting player stops, pop up error messages "Unfortunately, Powamp has stopped" etc.

So uninstalled both Poweramp and its unlocker. Then reinstalled both from Playstore; version alpha-build-709-play (Full Version). Still pop ups; report or ok stops player.

Player is now unuseable. Can anyone please advise on how to fix for this phone?

Max said he had restored Android 4.3 - 4.4 compatibility for build 709, but didn't mention anything prior to that. I would suggest uninstalling completely and installing the normal release build 588 which is intended to be retained for legacy devices.

Andre

From the Downloads tab at the top of the page (or from Google Play if you disable the beta-test option). Yes, the Google Play unlocker will work with either a Play store download or a download from the website here.

Andre 

Sorry but more problems.

All ok until automatic update to latest version; problems return.

How do I stop automatic updates to fix at version 588?