Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
ReeceS269

How To Change Playlist Name? They all end in .m3u8

So I finally managed to import my playlists after some hassle, but now my playlists are all titled with .m3u8 and I cannot seem to get rid of them. Is there a way to remove them?

They are file-based lists now, so they will end in M3U or M3U8 (in the same way that MP3 filenames end in MP3).

What you could do is to long-press on one of those playlist filenames in Library>Playlist and select 'Add to Playlist'. Then create a new list name, and PA will add the entire contents of the physical M3U file into a new internal playlist. Then you can move the original file copy away to some backup location that isn't set for PA to scan.

Andre

On 17/05/2018 at 1:13 AM, andrewilley said:

They are file-based lists now, so they will end in M3U or M3U8 (in the same way that MP3 filenames end in MP3).

What you could do is to long-press on one of those playlist filenames in Library>Playlist and select 'Add to Playlist'. Then create a new list name, and PA will add the entire contents of the physical M3U file into a new internal playlist. Then you can move the original file copy away to some backup location that isn't set for PA to scan.

Andre

Thanks. I did that and then I had to unmount my SD card and when I mounted it all my playlists were empty again. Oh well. Thanks anyway. Sorry if I spammed the other threads, I never got a notification about this reply.

There is also a handy app on the Play Store called New Playlist Manager which might be a more convenient way for you to backup, restore and manage your internal PA playlists. Worth a look anyway.

Andre