Have to different list options for folders and songs

g6lg

Poweramp V2, has a really useful way to organize folder songs but It will be great if we could have list options for folders too.

For example, arrange folders by the year of the songs it contains, most of my folders are full albums so it won't be a problem so every album folder will be in release order, but what if every song in the folder has different year you could just find the oldest year and use that.

Just prefix the folder names with the year, that's what I do. As a folder is just part of the technical directory system, it doesn't have music metadata like release years etc. If you want all that, that's what the Library categories are for.

Andre

Thanks for the suggestion, but have lots of music is gonna take me a really long time.

I can use one those folders organizer programs to auto add year to folder name.

thanks.

It works well for me. I have my music directories set up in the structure SDcard > Music > Genres > Artists > Albums > songfiles

I prefix the genre folders with a number to sort them in the order I want to see them, and if I want to sort an artist's albums by year I do the same there. Makes folder sorting really controllable. And if i want to use tags, I can always select one of the other Library views.

Andre

Archived