Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And when,we receive update for stable channel. Using same things over a year. ?

I hope quite soon, though, the transition may be unexpected or even painful for some users (old v2 => v3). Hopefully, black theme + changed faster-to-seek seekbar + more buttons like << >> makes V2=>V3 transition easier.

1 hour ago, UnKreatifV said:

My High-Res output is not working anymore after this update.

Device: Oneplus One

Version: Cyanogen OS 12.1.1 YOG7DAS2K1 (5.1.1)

It just says high res output failed, it worked definitly at 24bit 192khz.

Thanks for the report, but unfortunately, it's not realistically possible to have all the possible device / firmware variants for testing. My OnePlus One does work with hi-res (no DVC though in hi-res), but it's on 6.0.1. Hi-Res works on other Android 5 devices as well.
Your audio_policy.conf doesn't differ much from 6.0.1 variant.

55 minutes ago, Kuldeep said:

Can anybody tell me if V2 would get the same treatment as V3 alpha????

I liked it's simplicity and ui V3 alpha is bit too much for mee and beta new UI is not ready yet

Latest changes to audio outputs will be ported from v3 alpha to v3 beta and that's will become a final v3 release (plus, of course, black skin, and some other polishings).
V3 beta is closer to (old) V2 in e.g. navigation and overall UI patterns, it's actually easier to use (no side panels or other hidden stuff, except the ones specifically hidden; usually one click less to navigate somewhere vs V3 alpha).

28 minutes ago, MAXIMUM said:

Версия 708 при получении сообщения например в viber звук переключается с наушников на динамик. (Выход hi res)

Спасибо за репорт, нужно конкретнее - версия Poweramp, устройство, версия андроида, прошивка (если имеется). У некоторых устройств может не работать DVC - можно отключить.

Thanks for the report, please provide Poweramp version, device model, Android version, ROM (if any). Some devices can fail to activate DVC in Hi-Res - try to disable it.

Аппарат xiaomi redmi note 4 global vesion android 7. Прошивка заводская последняя miui 9.5 Poweramp alfa 708

Привет-Res работает звук просто класс.

Когда приходит сообщение на viber звук начинает играть и в встроенных динамиках тоже, то есть одновременно и в ушах и в динамиках.

При отключении Dvc проблема решается но звук хуже. 

Все остальные выходы звука работают хорошо но я уже услышал hi-res по этому хочу его)

26 minutes ago, MAXIMUM said:

Аппарат xiaomi redmi note 4 global vesion android 7. Прошивка заводская последняя miui 9.5 Poweramp alfa 708

Привет-Res работает звук просто класс.

Когда приходит сообщение на viber звук начинает играть и в встроенных динамиках тоже, то есть одновременно и в ушах и в динамиках.

При отключении Dvc проблема решается но звук хуже. 

Все остальные выходы звука работают хорошо но я уже услышал hi-res по этому хочу его)

Только что обновился до версии alfa 709 проблемы больше нет ! Спасибо !

First of all, I would like to say thank you very much for your awesome app. I really appreciate for your hard work into it. This is the only music app that I installed on my phone. And after trying many other apps, I always get back into Poweramp. Thank you very much.

Anyway, I prefer to use version 709 instead of 790. Maybe beside 790 is not ready yet or is not the final release yet. But I don't know, I just like how it looks than the newer 790. Let's say, the looks is a bit boring, but I don't care. So I hope you won't abandon it for future update.

If I may, I have some request just on display aspect.

1. Could you please give option to hide bottom panels on main screen like on version 2? I know there's options for hiding panels on settings page but seems it's not working. Maybe just bottom panels. The top panels it's fine for me.

2. And could you please positioning the album art a bit lower so it will looks more balance between top and bottom?

I'm sorry if my request is sounds crazy or something. But thank you if you want to look into it.

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Greetings from Indonesia.

Failing to scan the music folders selected on the option all the time. Despite the hi-res working... Any help here?

Edit: Thank God I can rollback to the previous build, but the rescan feature totally broke. Regardless whichever build I am using now...

On previous builds the USonic is still detecting playback on my HTC U Ultra, Oreo 8.0 and in 709 it won't detect anymore. Is this a sign that USonic will not possible to be collaborated with Poweramp Hi-Res ?

*edit : One thing that I noticed in my U Ultra, the "dumpsys media.audio_flinger" uses PCM 32 bit even if i use the OpenSL or AudioTrack (there is no OpenSLHD for me though, maybe any chance to include it anytime ?) Can Poweramp utilizes that PCM so it can be chained with USonic/BoomSound ?

In my Moto G4 Plus Hi Res not working in versions 705,706,708 and 709. Only working 790. In my Motorola Moto G4 Plus versions 705, 706, 707 / 708 and 709 hi-res does not work. Only version that I had support for Hi-res 24/192 was in version 790. Will we have hi-res for this device available in future releases?
Sorry, I'm using Google Translate.
Motorola Moto G4 Plus - Android 7.0.

On ‎16‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:05 AM, andrewilley said:

Try turning DVC mode off for that output method. That solved the same problem for me in my Galaxy Note 3 Marshmallow device. Although it also seems to come and go on its own sometimes, it's not a consistent bug (on my device at least)

Andre

On ‎16‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:46 AM, Sylvo said:

Thx man it works 

BTW how do u know that the audio is playing in hi res ?

Hi, that issue was present on my devise as well while testing Poweramp on a Samsung On5 on 6.0.1 stock ROM, DVC off fix the issue. Tested it on Bluetooth connected to my PC that have a 24-bit sound card. It jitters a little bit… a while after receiving some notification or background activity, more noticeable on not compressed music files, a minimum amount thougth (tested waw only). The sound is amazing, as usual using the experimental feature, gives a more “clean” sound somehow, but whe n No Equ/tone is activated, the sound gets even cleaner and “alive”.
But the default configuration is simply amazing to, I really love this app, whenever I have the time I’ll test some more using more lossless files. Also There’s some pics of my config. If there’s something wrong on my part please let me know, Thanks. Don’t know if smooth equalizer/tone gains were tweaked, but I hardly notice any of the draw backs you mention in the warning text when disable on full volume, amazing. Testing scrobbling, no problems so far using the full app last.fm, but simple last.fm app, is not working. Tested HD resolution visualizations, flawless. The download of Metadata is great also. Thanks a lot for this app, definitely my favorite.

Screenshot_20180520-012546.png

Screenshot_20180520-004819.png

Screenshot_20180520-004836.png

Screenshot_20180520-004848.png

Hello,

My device is Redmi note3, and system is nitrogenos (based on Android 8.1)

I used Poweramp build 709 on my devices and opened the aux hires output, but the headphone didn't play sound, instead the speaker did.  

To tell the truth, I met this problem in Poweramp 703 when my system is MIUI(bases on Android 6.0).

12 hours ago, Fstop said:

Are the latest alpha builds 706-708 compatible with a tablet? 

Yes, all releases will run on a tablet. There is no special customisation of the display though, it will mostly look like a large phone screen.

Andre

7 hours ago, Jason Adkins said:

Does anybody know how many update there is til the last one n will u be able to use the cassete tape skin

You won't ever be able to use old Poweamp v2 skins on a v3 release. Once v3 skin support is enabled, you will need to wait until third-party developers start to issue newly written skins for v3.

Andre

Hi. Reporting that experimental High Res output is working flawlessly. Tested every function and the sound on headsets is clean and powerfull, wish I like, it's great to have this functionality. I've never used sound mods, Poweramp is enough, maybe the reports I'm reading here are of course due newest Android versions and of course son sort of incompatibility on the new mods. I'm on a stock rooted 6.0.1 Rom Samsung On5 debloated using magisk, busy box, but no sound mod. Scrobbling function is working perfectly at last using the lasfm full app, never did before, it was to buggy now it's working as it should be, only the lite lasfm has bugs, it does not do any Scrobbling at all. 

Screenshot_20180520-065644.jpg

Screenshot_20180520-065708.jpg

Screenshot_20180520-065629.jpg

Hi Max, I am sure that you are under heavy load now but I noticed an issue.
I have a Oneplus One with latest Ressurection Remix ROM and on build 588 I could utilize the rom's function to control playback with volume buttons with locked screen.
I haven't updated the rom but I installed the 705 (same on 706, 709) build and the playback control doesn't work for PAMP (for other players it does).
Also doesn't work with offscreen gestures.

Could you please check the issue if you have time for this? Maybe it would be helpful so that it doesn't end up in the final version.
Thank you very much for your support and thanks for Poweramp. (Using since Symbian)

Archived