Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/16/2018 at 3:59 PM, maxmp said:

Many Huaweis - they are all on Kirin - support hi-res (for example, P20 series, Honor 8 Pro). If it doesn't detect it on your device, it means something differs there. You can try to extract build.props, and any of: /etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf and PM me with them - I can take a look and compare it with the Huaweis known to produce Hi-Res on internal DAC. 

As far as I can tell, (esp. based on pure AOSP) custom ROMs rarely support Hi-Res. Quite specific patches (qualcomm caf in this case) are required - per specific SOC + all the mixer, DSP, DAC configs. 

build.props, and any of: /etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf can make it a bit more clear, but even with these existing and being OK, these said patches should be in the system - as configs just don't work without appropriate code integrated into ROM.

Andre, what is the exactly device/Hi Res variant?

Will uploading those system files help you in debugging on different devices? If it does, I'll upload mine.

Build 706: Hi-res Output seems to be working great for me now on LG V20! Sound is loud and dynamic with either output. Sounds great!

One thing I've noticed is that when listening to music via PA (headphone jack), if i get a notice (email, text alert) the sound (music on PA) briefly starts playing through the phone's speaker (during the alert sound) rather than wired headphone. 

@Andre: glad to know someone else is still using a Note3 ;) Mine is still going strong. Main reason i like replaceable batteries. On 4th battery in Note3, and second in V20, gives it new life! Currently testing build 790 on note3 as i need to wait for EQ profiles to be able to export. 

Anyone tried build 706 on Samsung S3 tablet? (704 still works well). 

53 minutes ago, Fstop said:

@Andre: glad to know someone else is still using a Note3 ;) Mine is still going strong. Main reason i like replaceable batteries.

Exactly the same here. Also, nothing they have released since has a bigger or more usable screen (especially width-wise). I keep looking at each new Note and asking: is it better than what I've got? And so far the answer has been no. The processor power is starting to struggle a bit with some modern video codecs though.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Exactly the same here. Also, nothing they have released since has a bigger or more usable screen (especially width-wise). I keep looking at each new Note and asking: is it better than what I've got? And so far the answer has been no. The processor power is starting to struggle a bit with some modern video codecs though.

Andre

I waited for years and decided to upgrade from Note 3 to 7. That didnt go well. ? Had to turn the first one in and get replacement, Got stung by a bee while standing in line at my local verizon store (and im allergic). Then had to turn in 2nd one after the total recall of device. It was fast and sharp, and Poweramp seemed to work well even with expermental hi-res out (think it was a703--never posted as phones were recalled and seemed irrelevant). Voice quality not as good as 3. Then went to LG v20, which has amazing SQ, and unfortunately probably last phone with removable battery. :(

Wonderful work ... this is the perfect music player ... waiting for next beta.

The only feature I miss is the skip album feature via double tap on bluetooth button on Oreo (Galaxy S8).

Thank You
KK

Uh, just a curiosity here since I don't feel it's been made clear enough; What's the difference between this (706/707) and the "older" beta (790)?

Haven't tried running either yet but judging by the version numbering I'd assume 706/707 are relatively minor updates from the, at this point, rather old 705 build (mainly for compatibility purposes and some minor bugfixes) as opposed to being further updates to the rather more experimental build 790 which dropped rather recently as well. Is this correct?

57 minutes ago, Timmy Fox said:

Uh, just a curiosity here since I don't feel it's been made clear enough; What's the difference between this (706/707) and the "older" beta (790)?

Haven't tried running either yet but judging by the version numbering I'd assume 706/707 are relatively minor updates from the, at this point, rather old 705 build (mainly for compatibility purposes and some minor bugfixes) as opposed to being further updates to the rather more experimental build 790 which dropped rather recently as well. Is this correct?

703~707 are the Alpha builds, 790 is a beta build for the new material-design based Version 3 of Poweramp. It will be the new fully-featured version when complete. 

On 5/16/2018 at 9:23 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-alpha-build-706-uni.apk

Build-707 (Play beta channel release):
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build-707:
• Android 4.3/4.4 support restored

Build-706:
Adjusted hi-res output on various devices - big thanks for the community feedback!
• Snapdragon 845 devices (e.g. Sony XZ2) - improved Hi-Res Output detection
• Sony XZ/XZ1 - improved Hi-Res Output detection
• Lenovo X3 - reenabled 24bits
• OnePlus (1st edition) - disabled DVC for Hi-Res output due to forced speaker playback
• added new per-output option - No Duck - for cases when notification causes issues. Activated by default for Hi-Res output for some Snapdragon 625 devices (Asus Zenphone 3)
• HTCs @ 7.0 - improved Hi-Res Output stability
• Nexus 6P - fixed notification coloring

This build (in -play- variant) will be uploaded to Play.

I'm continuing the beta now :)

Device:HTC One E8 (6.0.1)

Still play store showing alpha build 703.?

45 minutes ago, dantedakilla said:

I just realized what was causing the playback problems. It's the resampler. Picking any of the noise shaping algorythms just breaks PA completely in terms of audio playback. Clearing the app data fixes this, though.

@maxmp

Thanks for the report. Yes, there is a problem with some dithering options (F-weighted and below). Switching to other dither type won't work after this one until Poweramp unloads fully (30 sec inactive) or until process killed from recent tasks.

Build 705 has fixed the issues I was having on my S8 w/Oreo.  Have no freeze, hi-res works and so does notification.

I wonder if there would be any benefit for me to update to 706/707 since there was no mention of the S8 in the update notes?

11 minutes ago, Zeem said:

Build 705 has fixed the issues I was having on my S8 w/Oreo.  Have no freeze, hi-res works and so does notification.

I wonder if there would be any benefit for me to update to 706/707 since there was no mention of the S8 in the update notes?

No: 706 - nothing for S8, 707/708 - nothing new for anything beyond Android 5.0

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

No: 706 - nothing for S8, 707/708 - nothing new for anything beyond Android 5.0

Max, 

The notes mention LG v10, anything useful for LG v20 in the 707 build? 

Thanks for the new updates, sounds great so far! 

Archived