Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My phone is a Sony Xperia ZR variant, running 4.2.2 rooted with Xposed. 709's GUI crashes to homescreen as soon as you play music from any screen, but the audio keeps playing until you say 'okay' on the resulting 'Poweramp process has ended' pop up. Everything work fine on 703. I did send two in-app error reports from 709.

20 hours ago, Kidsnd274 said:

Having issues with Bluetooth as well. Bluetooth playback using the Hi-Res Output has some peaking with my EQ settings, regardless of turning DVC on or off. Using earphones doesn't seem to have the same issue.

I'm using the LG G7 running Android 8.0

Under the settings for Hi-Res Output > Bluetooth > Buffer Size I'd suggest selecting the Huge preset - if that doesn't help, I'd suggest increasing the number of buffers (it defaults to 3 for the Huge preset). 

I had a minor issue with stuttering and the above eliminated it - perhaps it will help with "chopping". As for peaking, enabling the Limiter will probably help... ? 

@Bill_G I have more of the peaking issue and not really any stuttering or chopping. I have already turned on the limiter but somehow it seems that the High-Res output is not working correctly. Using the OpenSL ES Output with DVC seems to be fine, with no distortions in the sound.

Hi all,

I started using 709 and I am not sure if I set something within the app or why, But when trying to send a song to someone, it tries to send straight via Wi-fi direct, without giving me option like Bluetooth or any other way. Any idea?

Thanks.

Via 709/790, music sounds distorted (noisy? clippy?) compared with 706-uni playback.

Lowering Preamp gain in EQU/TONE/LIMIT menu and uppering total-volume on 709/790 made me sound better, but on/off EQU/TONE/LIMIT resets Preamp gain. Replay-Gain does not improve distorted sound.

Any changes around Preamp gain and/or DAC related code between 706 and 709/790?

I currently uninstall 709/709 and re-installed 706-uni.

[Music source]: 16bit/44.1kHz music up-converted to 24bit/192kHz wav file by ffmpeg on Win7 PC. Playback on Win7 PC (24bit/192kHz capable PC) sounds without distortion. also on 706-uni with Axons.

[Tested with]: Axon 7(lineageOS 14.1), Axon7 mini(lineageOS 14.1) with internal-DAC (Wired Headset). Axon mini(CM12) with USB-DAC.

[Audio output]: "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" mode for 24bit-192kHz audio output for Axon7/Axon7 mini/Axon mini. (checked 24 bit 192kHz output via logcat message.)

@zf550user Axon mini doesn't support hi-res and custom ROMs generally don't support hi-res either. Distorted sound means DVC doesn't work, or ROM clips float by -1/1 not allowing extended dynamic range - I suggest disabling DVC per Hi-Res outputs (but most probably, your devices don't produce hi-res anyway on these ROMs).

When i turn on Hi-res, music plays on speakers instead of earphones.. Is it a bug? or my device not supported?

device: redmi note 5

update: after turning off dvc, hi-res working on earphones.. but what does dvc do? do i need dvc?

Screenshot_2018-06-15-21-56-38-848_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

32 minutes ago, fahim said:

update: after turning off dvc, hi-res working on earphones.. but what does dvc do? do i need dvc?

DVD is Direct Volume Control, which allows PA to override the phone's regular audio handling systems and go a bit more directly to the hardware. The downside is some devices may need their own customised firmware handling to make the audio chain work properly (as apparently in your case). The most commonly noted difference is that without DVC, the maximum volume may be a bit lower.

Andre

On 6/15/2018 at 10:38 PM, andrewilley said:

DVD is Direct Volume Control, which allows PA to override the phone's regular audio handling systems and go a bit more directly to the hardware. The downside is some devices may need their own customised firmware handling to make the audio chain work properly (as apparently in your case). The most commonly noted difference is that without DVC, the maximum volume may be a bit lower.

Andre

It's strange.. suddenly hi-res is working with dvc through earphones.. I think it's a bug with Poweramp..

On 6/16/2018 at 12:03 AM, fahim said:

When i turn on Hi-res, music plays on speakers instead of earphones.. Is it a bug?

DVC = on, Asus ZC553KL Stock Rom

On wired/headset music plays then I got a call.. PA pauses (set by default in the settings), call ended, PA will play 1-2 seconds of the song then pauses again. Restarted PA, same issue.

Temporary fix was to reboot my phone...

So far on my Galaxy S7 (now updated to Oreo) the only issue over run into is audio stopping entirely and requiring powering off the phone.

Otherwise, just some feature that arent enabled causing slight pain but thats to be expected [queuing being the main one but meh]

29 minutes ago, D3Seeker said:

So far on my Galaxy S7 (now updated to Oreo) the only issue over run into is audio stopping entirely and requiring powering off the phone.

Otherwise, just some feature that arent enabled causing slight pain but thats to be expected [queuing being the main one but meh]

Seems like that happened to me the other day.  I can't remember if i had to restart the phone.  I was using a bluetooth speaker when it happened.  And that was on my S7 Oreo as well.

4 hours ago, tonychest1996 said:

The player stops immediately after the screen is turned off 

You said you have selected WakeLock and Keep Service in PA Settings, so it must be your device being to aggressive with its power saving sleep features. Go into your Android settings and whitelist Poweramp so it does not get closed during device sleep.

Andre

2 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Seems like that happened to me the other day.  I can't remember if i had to restart the phone.  I was using a bluetooth speaker when it happened.  And that was on my S7 Oreo as well.

Very much the same. Should have mentioed how this is connected through my car's bluetooth. And i happened before the oreo update aswell (so nougat and oreo, though not as many times as nougat considering I've had the update for 4 days now lol. Btw, headpjone jack is so loose I can't use that on this phone anymore

I'm also having troubles with my Sony Xperia ZX1 compact. 

It does support Hi res audio, but every time I connect it via Bluetooth to my car, I have to disable DVC and then enable it again to work. Otherwise music plays but without DVC. 

On another occasion, I was listening over my headphones (with hi res enabled) and looking in the Twitter app. When I forced the app to reload (swipe from top), for a brief moment the audio played through the phone speakers - not a good thing since that was at work... 

Also today, I plugged the headphones in (audio changed from normal to hi res, as visible in the settings) but the audio kept playing through the phones speakers. Had to deactivate hi res for now to make it work. (Headphones have DVC activated since it has a play/pause button) 

3 minutes ago, tk01 said:

I'm also having troubles with my Sony Xperia ZX1 compact. 

It does support Hi res audio, but every time I connect it via Bluetooth to my car, I have to disable DVC and then enable it again to work. Otherwise music plays but without DVC. 

On another occasion, I was listening over my headphones (with hi res enabled) and looking in the Twitter app. When I forced the app to reload (swipe from top), for a brief moment the audio played through the phone speakers - not a good thing since that was at work... 

Also today, I plugged the headphones in (audio changed from normal to hi res, as visible in the settings) but the audio kept playing through the phones speakers. Had to deactivate hi res for now to make it work. (Headphones have DVC activated since it has a play/pause button) 

I got the feeling! In the dead of the night, volume set to 60-70 on headset then the music played on speakers... Embarrassing...

18 hours ago, tk01 said:

Restarting device temporarily solved this problem for me.. every time hi-res fails, i restart my device and it works fine.. hope this bug would be solved in the next update..

Found one big bug on 709 version. (maybe not bug - correct me).

Device - Huawei P10 on android 8.0. Default player selected to Poweramp in settings.

BT - Sony SBH52.

After start BT - i press play button on BT and my phone start GOOGLE MUSIC or just MUSIC app.

If i start PA manually - it catch BT commands.

It catch it until big pause (and player will goes off).

Today i've try to install version 790 - and it works - it start play in PA.

Who can confirm, that 709 cannot start play by BT command (if player was not started manually).

Archived