Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ardilla del mal said:

HTC 10, Oreo 8.0 100% Stock.

Hi-Res Audio is working. But the Boomsound is broken. Is you want the BoomSound you need to turn off the Hi-Res audio.

You can see the effect turning off (the icon disappear) and the sound changes dramatically.

In previous bulids the Hi-Res + BoomSound works amazing.Screenshot_20180516-221647.thumb.png.9d09c8d21fa4dd7ca548e2492410f328.png

Screenshot_20180516-222213.png

Similar case with HTC U Ultra. Since it is using USonic intstead of BoomSound. It can't use USonic and Hi-Res at the same time.

17 hours ago, peeshow said:

same here on n7100 (note 2 with lineage 14.1). only 703 working. 705/706/790 black screen.

I also get a black screen, im using a Samsung S5 mini with Lineage 14.1

Everything beyond 704 doesnt even initialize the UI

Seems to be an issue with lineage...

22 hours ago, maxmp said:

Many Huaweis - they are all on Kirin - support hi-res (for example, P20 series, Honor 8 Pro). If it doesn't detect it on your device, it means something differs there. You can try to extract build.props, and any of: /etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf and PM me with them - I can take a look and compare it with the Huaweis known to produce Hi-Res on internal DAC.

All that I could have collected.

HUAWEI P9 

https://yadi.sk/d/Sj19WcYJ3W4SJe

7 hours ago, Ardilla del mal said:

HTC 10, Oreo 8.0 100% Stock. In previous bulids the Hi-Res + BoomSound works amazing.

Boom sound doesn't work with Hi-Res. If it worked for previous builds (though, for me, it doesn't work for any build, though, my 10 is on 7.0 yet) - there was no hi-res.

29 minutes ago, Rollers said:

All that I could have collected.

Thank you. Unfortunately, no indication of any hi-res for this device. For Huawei's Kirins, there should be a section in audio_policy.conf which looks like:

direct_pcm {
        sampling_rates 48000|96000|192000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT|AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT_PCM
}

11 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Boom sound doesn't work with Hi-Res. If it worked for previous builds (though, for me, it doesn't work for any build, though, my 10 is on 7.0 yet) - there was no hi-res.

Thank you. Unfortunately, no indication of any hi-res for this device. For Huawei's Kirins, there should be a section in audio_policy.conf which looks like:

direct_pcm {
        sampling_rates 48000|96000|192000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT|AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT_PCM
}

I hope in the next update to Android, something similar will add.

7 minutes ago, Mark Benedick Rantael said:

Im using custom rom from huawei Y3

Im sorry only this i can provide

audio_policy.conf

That audio policy file shows a maximum output frequency of 48k, so looks like no high-res I'm afraid. Build 790 didn't check fully, so I guess it might have said it was outputting high res but it wasn't.

Andre

On 5/16/2018 at 9:46 AM, dantedakilla said:

I still don't have any Hi-Res output on Axon 7 (AEX 5.5 + Ainur Sauron) nor do I have any wired headphone option in the OpenSL HD section. Music doesn't play at all as well after messing with the output settings. I've got some screen shots of what it looks like when I play music and the missing settings.

Did you install a custom rom?

If so. There are always problems with the AKM DAC is due to the custom roms not at the AKM DAC.

And Sauron could also cause the problem.

22 hours ago, sl1v1k said:

Hi. Can't skip tracks from my Pebble 2 (in this version and previous). Pebble works fine with any other players. Would be happy if you fix this, Thanks.

You have to use the pebble app music boss. This started with the v3 700 alpha stuff. Hopefully will be fixed with the stable v3 but if you plan on keeping the pebble I would buy the music boss app. Lot of good features and customizations. Literally the whole reason I bought the pebble was battery life and just wanted something for when Im out working in the sun and water so I can change music and stuff

21 hours ago, johnbyebye said:

Lol I think you're one of 10 people who still own a Pebble device. I had one before they went defunct.

I'm one of them lol. Kinda sucks they went under but it still works fine for little stuff. I have no need for a fancy Android Wear watch so pebble is a nice compromise.

2 hours ago, ReeceS269 said:

I setup all my playlists again today. Took a while. Load the app back up and now all of my playlists are completely empty....

Sounds like your storage is getting unmounted for some reason, which will cause PA to think all songs have been deleted (and hence remove them from playlists). Then they get rescanned when the storage becomes visible again, but by then the damage is done. Once you have created your lists, Export them for safety in case it happens again (file-based lists are not volatile like that, only in-memory ones)

Andre

On 5/16/2018 at 3:21 AM, andrewilley said:

One thing I have noticed in 705/706 (which didn't happen in 704) is that whatever internal flag or event that Android uses to indicate that audio is currently playing, doesn't now seem to be getting set correctly.

I use an app ("PBMC Key Chains") that has a 'Music Playing' option, which is used to determine whether a given task should currently be triggered or not. With 704 I'm pretty sure that even when using High-Res output, this app correctly detected whether audio playback is taking place or not, but in 705 & 706 it cannot detect if music is playing and so does not trigger when I want it to. It works fine with PA in non High Res modes.

Andre

This seems similar to my issue which the wired headset controls/buttons only work consistently after a reboot and before any other application takes over audio, like Pocket Casts.

48 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sounds like your storage is getting unmounted for some reason, which will cause PA to think all songs have been deleted (and hence remove them from playlists). Then they get rescanned when the storage becomes visible again, but by then the damage is done. Once you have created your lists, Export them for safety in case it happens again (file-based lists are not volatile like that, only in-memory ones)

Andre

I've had my SD card unmounted before and the music all stayed in the playlist. Weird.

When I had file based playlists they all ended with . m3u8 and there seemed to be no way of removing that from the playlists name.

2 hours ago, ReeceS269 said:

When I had file based playlists they all ended with . m3u8 and there seemed to be no way of removing that from the playlists name.

Already answered when you asked the same question yesterday.

Andre

On 5/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, Ardilla del mal said:

HTC 10, Oreo 8.0 100% Stock.

Hi-Res Audio is working. But the Boomsound is broken. Is you want the BoomSound you need to turn off the Hi-Res audio.

You can see the effect turning off (the icon disappear) and the sound changes dramatically.

In previous bulids the Hi-Res + BoomSound works amazing.Screenshot_20180516-221647.thumb.png.9d09c8d21fa4dd7ca548e2492410f328.png

Screenshot_20180516-222213.png

I'm actually a fan of this since I never cared for boomsound.  Now I don't have the system message always there telling me it's turned off when listening to music.

Initial impressions.  I thought Hi-res in 705 was good, but it had been so long since I had working hi-res I wasn't sure.  Plus having so many uninstalls and redoing the audio settings, I wasn't sure if everything was set up right, but it seemed I wasn't quite getting the volume I had before before clipping.  706 does seem better.  I really hope 790+ can get similar fixes.

Archived