Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Then it's presumably nothing to do with the duplication of titles, but the second set of files isn't reading correctly. Are the files that are not showing metadata in regular ID3 format, or using some other tagging system? Long-press on one of the songs in PA's library and view is tag info to see if it managed to read anything.

Andre

Files are in proper format, system music player and others can read their tags, Infact I deleted my old album and refreshed media library, now pamp shows tags property(of new album). To verifiy I also tried  to swap album with old one, now old album(whose tags were ok) is shown in unknown list(as pamp not reading tags properly). U were right about moving album to unknown area, but still one have to make sure pamp doesn't have any data of previous album(rescanning doesn't help to see tags). 

Thanks

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sylvo said:

Hey,

@andrewilley I think that I have found a bug in the build 709.

Is it me or that is common problem that Poweramp show that *no track loaded* 

Please help ?

Screenshot_20180716-215356.thumb.png.c097ddd06fea52dfb15aa1a6fcf2e2f7.png

Try to explain a bit like how to recreate this issue or when it did happened. May b u need to Re-scan media library. 

Thanks 

20 hours ago, JJ Singh said:

Try to explain a bit like how to recreate this issue or when it did happened. May b u need to Re-scan media library. 

Thanks 

This started after the update, rescanning did nothing. I think this issue is device specific ?

On 7/9/2018 at 9:10 PM, Ans said:

Didn't noticed that! Yeah it fixed! Thanks! But I have 1 problem with the track buttons while on the Lockscreen. The Prev. Song button is gone lol. I mean like there's nothing i can press there. Any idea? Or known bug? @Andre

IMG_20180710_090626.jpg

Yeah, it should have a Back button but no Forward button, since it's the "Final Song"! 

Sorry, just trying to inject some humor.. Hope you figured out the problem.  ;) 

I've just started testing this version, I've noticed a few problems most of which seem to be lingering since build 703/704:

Touch issues

1. Album swipe sensitivity seems different than build 588, sometimes changing prev/next album (down-swipe specifically) seems too resistant. Left/Right swipe seems resistant if resulting in an album change (swiping right on the first track, swiping left on the last track).

Display issues

2. Album art sometimes gets mixed up, where the art from a previously played album shows for 1 random track on the currently playing album, it usually requires closing the player to resolve the problem.

3. Album "List Options" are now universal, in that if you set it by "Year" in Artist/Album view, it also sets by "Year" in the [All]Albums list. In build 588 each album list had a separately saved setting for it's list order, so that you could set by "Year" in Artist view, and by "Name" in [All]Albums view.

Playback issues

4. The playback seems to stop randomly without reason. (Not crashing, but pausing @ 0:00) suddenly.

5. Opus+cue track start timing seems off, I can provide files for testing if needed.

6. As another forum member has pointed out, the audio playback seems to force a small fade in/fade out during pause/play/track change no matter what settings are used,

2 hours ago, clever_man said:

@djdarko, it's alpha build and it not planned to update. Just for testing audio engine. Just waiting the beta.

OK, thanks. Will this version remain separate from version 790+ or will it be maintained as a separate legacy/alternate version?

@Fstop and @Ans, the back button is there, but those aren't the lockscreen controls, as such, those are the notification controls being displayed on the lockscreen. You can expand the notification in the lockscreen like in the status bar, and it will display the back button (first & second screenshot).

The lockscreen controls, proper, look very different (third screenshot).

PicsArt_07-25-08.16.05.jpg

PicsArt_07-25-08.17.14.jpg

Screenshot_20180725-082721_Poweramp.jpg

First impression: this is incredible. Didn't expect a fully implemented milkdrop visualizer! The new audio/visual settings took a minute to get used to, but they're well-designed and easy to wrap my head around.
No issues with audio. Playing around with the new audio settings.
I really, truly appreciate the speed control setting; Excellent for workout and running music. I was forced to use VLC for this feature during my workouts. No more!!

Full disclosure: I am still rocking my Galaxy Note 3. v3-709 runs perfect. Visualizer and all.

I do see that build 790 is out. I'll give that one a go.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:05 PM, Rowas said:

First impression: this is incredible. Didn't expect a fully implemented milkdrop visualizer! The new audio/visual settings took a minute to get used to, but they're well-designed and easy to wrap my head around.
No issues with audio. Playing around with the new audio settings.
I really, truly appreciate the speed control setting; Excellent for workout and running music. I was forced to use VLC for this feature during my workouts. No more!!

Full disclosure: I am still rocking my Galaxy Note 3. v3-709 runs perfect. Visualizer and all.

I do see that build 790 is out. I'll give that one a go.

I used to have a Note 3 years ago (SM-N900W8) :)

What's the max Android version you can run with custom ROMs and such now?

I'm impressed too.

12 hours ago, JTL said:

I used to have a Note 3 years ago (SM-N900W8) :)

What's the max Android version you can run with custom ROMs and such now?

I'm impressed too.

Currently running marshmallow. This particular Rom (Dominion) I enjoy because of the AMOLED black theme it uses system-wide. I'm really into a minimal, dark style with high contrast. I use it along with LMT Pie to have instant hair-trigger access to up to 22 of my most-used apps. It's snappy as hell and I love it. I love the fact that Poweramp has a black theme that fits the rest of the OS. Feels nice.

I just checked XDA's Note 3 section and apparently the latest ROM I can get is on Android 8.1 Oreo. How about that!? Now I'm considering making that jump this weekend. Keep things fresh. ?

4 hours ago, Rowas said:

Currently running marshmallow. This particular Rom (Dominion) I enjoy because of the AMOLED black theme it uses system-wide. I'm really into a minimal, dark style with high contrast. I use it along with LMT Pie to have instant hair-trigger access to up to 22 of my most-used apps. It's snappy as hell and I love it. I love the fact that Poweramp has a black theme that fits the rest of the OS. Feels nice.

I just checked XDA's Note 3 section and apparently the latest ROM I can get is on Android 8.1 Oreo. How about that!? Now I'm considering making that jump this weekend. Keep things fresh. ?

Not really topic related, but I must say that you can use substratum on oreo to apply pure black themes to the system and even 3rd party apps, so long as the theme supports it.

1 hour ago, DECHTECH said:

Not really topic related, but I must say that you can use substratum on oreo to apply pure black themes to the system and even 3rd party apps, so long as the theme supports it.

Now that you mention it, I just found out about substratum. Would that make themes for Poweramp obsolete?

22 minutes ago, Rowas said:

Now that you mention it, I just found out about substratum. Would that make themes for Poweramp obsolete?

I doubt it, considering theme support is hit and miss. Plus those without Oreo/root can only use inbuilt theming. Like me currently as I'm on 7.1 unrooted.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:23 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-alpha-build-709-uni.apk
Poweramp-alpha-build-709-play.apk (no website purchase support, no other functional differences vs. uni version)

Build-709 (Play beta channel release):
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build-709:
• fixed some dither options causing no audio

Build-707/708:
• Android 4.3/4.4 support restored

Build-706:
Adjusted hi-res output on various devices - big thanks for the community feedback!
• Snapdragon 845 devices (e.g. Sony XZ2) - improved Hi-Res Output detection
• Sony XZ/XZ1 - improved Hi-Res Output detection
• Lenovo X3 - reenabled 24bits
• OnePlus (1st edition) - disabled DVC for Hi-Res output due to forced speaker playback
• added new per-output option - No Duck - for cases when notification causes issues. Activated by default for Hi-Res output for some Snapdragon 625 devices (Asus Zenphone 3)
• HTCs @ 7.0 - improved Hi-Res Output stability
• Nexus 6P - fixed notification coloring

Max, 

Do you have ANY kind of ETA of when the OFFICIAL v3 will be released?? I have the Alpha 704 version now but I'm getting fed up by the fact that it's a bit buggy plus the saving settings doesn't work (I can export the file, but when I import it, it fails). 

Also, can you please finally add a parametric EQ? 

Thank You!

On 5/15/2018 at 10:23 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-alpha-build-709-uni.apk
Poweramp-alpha-build-709-play.apk (no website purchase support, no other functional differences vs. uni version)

Build-709 (Play beta channel release):
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build-709:
• fixed some dither options causing no audio

Build-707/708:
• Android 4.3/4.4 support restored

Build-706:
Adjusted hi-res output on various devices - big thanks for the community feedback!
• Snapdragon 845 devices (e.g. Sony XZ2) - improved Hi-Res Output detection
• Sony XZ/XZ1 - improved Hi-Res Output detection
• Lenovo X3 - reenabled 24bits
• OnePlus (1st edition) - disabled DVC for Hi-Res output due to forced speaker playback
• added new per-output option - No Duck - for cases when notification causes issues. Activated by default for Hi-Res output for some Snapdragon 625 devices (Asus Zenphone 3)
• HTCs @ 7.0 - improved Hi-Res Output stability
• Nexus 6P - fixed notification coloring

Max, 

Do you have ANY kind of ETA of when the OFFICIAL v3 will be released?? I have the Alpha 704 version now but I'm getting fed up by the fact that it's a bit buggy plus the saving settings doesn't work (I can export the file, but when I import it, it fails). 

Also, can you please finally add a parametric EQ? 

I REALLY LOVE the 100-step volume option on Alpha 704! Please GOD keep that feature forever!!!!! ?

Thank You!

On 5/16/2018 at 2:15 AM, andrewilley said:

I'm going to remove non-relevant comments such as ETA requests, skin questions (yes, but not until closer to v3's official release), etc.

Andre 

Hi Andre,

Any update as to the OFFICIAL v3 release date? I tried to download the beta versions posted on here but it says file not found. 

Thanks! Hope all is well with you. 

Archived