Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On version 709 of Poweramp my library is organized Music - Artist - Albums so each album is in its own folder under the Album Artist. Each Album has a Folder.jpg for cover art, no embed cover art in my music files. I mostly go into my library through Album Artist. When I select an Album Artist it displays the Albums by that Album Artist, but only shows the generic cover art. It should display the albums using Folder.jpg cover art like it does if I go into the library by Album.

On version 709. Bluetooth Hi-Res Output is very very loud and can't adjust volume both phone volume and cable bluetooth volume. Only preamp decrease volume a bit.

OpenSL ES output and AudioTrack output are using normally.

I've a question: at this moment, if I assign wired output (jack) to openSL HDoutput  (samsung UHQA PCM, i've a Galaxy S8), Poweramp doesn't detect if file is or not a HiRes file (right?) so if i set output res to 192 kHz it will do resampling. So isn't there a way to let Poweramp understand if i listen to a HiRes file and automatically switch to HD output, like (i think) Samsung's default music player do? 

Thanks!

Aye, the headset remote buttons not working is currently the main gripe i have with a709.

On b790 it's the widgets that aren't working on nougat for me.

Hope a new update will come soon :)

Hello, 

I have a problem that occured 2 days ago. Poweramp cant verify my license. Please help! I tried uninstall license and app and reinstall and the error hapens again. Please help me. Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Ljubisha

IMG_20180704_133028.jpg

5 hours ago, Ljubisha said:

I have a problem that occured 2 days ago. Poweramp cant verify my license. Please help! I tried uninstall license and app and reinstall and the error hapens again. Please help me. Thanks in advance!

Check your Google Play Store version. Google sent out a broken update recently (build 10.7.17) and the fix is either to roll it back to 10.6.x or wait for them to send 10.7.19 to your market.

Andre

Sorry not sure if this the correct place to ask or suggest. But where are the locations to remove these like in the older versions. I know this is still in alpha phase. But cannot enjoy power amp on oreo due to the notification bug. Id like to be able to make it show when I tap album art like in previous version.

Screenshot_20180704-185445.png

8 hours ago, Bucknastee said:

Sorry not sure if this the correct place to ask or suggest. But where are the locations to remove these like in the older versions.

That option has not existed for some time (not in any of the 7xx builds anyway). The new material design interface seems to heading even further into using overlay items over the cover art too - such as boxes containing the Title/Artist/Album wording - so it doesn't look too hopeful that the old cleaner view to which you refer will be coming back any time soon.

Andre

Noticed that Poweramp is no longer sending track info over BT to my cars Kenwood head unit.

Not sure when that started happen. I worked fine a month or so ago, maybe the July 5 update for my Pixel XL broke it?

Not a big deal.

Also had the cant verify license popup thing once today, but it went away and still works fine.

9 hours ago, speedingcheetah said:

Noticed that Poweramp is no longer sending track info over BT to my cars Kenwood head unit.

Not sure when that started happen. I worked fine a month or so ago, maybe the July 5 update for my Pixel XL broke it?

Not a big deal.

Also had the cant verify license popup thing once today, but it went away and still works fine.

This might not really help you but I have the Kenwood Excelon x599 (I believe) head unit and mine displays the info just fine. I'm on the LG V20 running nougat. Have you tried checking the Kenwood site for any specific firmware updates for your unit. Mine had one specifically for Bluetooth about a year ago and it fixed a few issues. Also I don't have a pixel but I do know that there are some options related to Bluetooth under developer settings that I know some people have had luck with after tweaking.

11 hours ago, speedingcheetah said:

Might be worth checking the metadata settings in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth. But there do seem to be changes in almost every new Android release that alter the functionality of the Bluetooth stack operation, some seem to work and others break stuff. :( It works fine with PA 709 on my 6.0.1 ROM anyway, so PA is still outputting the data.

Andre

I use the 709 Alpha build but I noticed that after closing the player he still runs in the background under my energy settings. And the power usage of it is quite high even though being closed. Does anybody have a solution for this? 

Edit: Just installed the 790 version. Definitely way lower battery usage and stops working in background after being closed. I don't know if the low battery usage is a result of most library functions not working though. 

Best regards 

I've been looking around here for about an hour and couldn't find much information about DACs. I just got the Fiio Q1 MKII and hooked it up with my Nexus 6p via otg cable. tried to play around with the audio output section and nothing seems to work. The audio keeps coming from the phones speakers instead the the usb. I tested my DAC with another app and it worked fine.

Has this feature not been implemented yet? OpenSL ES output seems to be the only thing i can get active. i couldn't get OpenSL ES HD to be active. ill keep looking around and see if i can find out what's wrong. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. If it has please point me towards the discussion.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:43 AM, KUSOsan said:

This might not really help you but I have the Kenwood Excelon x599 (I believe) head unit and mine displays the info just fine. I'm on the LG V20 running nougat. Have you tried checking the Kenwood site for any specific firmware updates for your unit. Mine had one specifically for Bluetooth about a year ago and it fixed a few issues. Also I don't have a pixel but I do know that there are some options related to Bluetooth under developer settings that I know some people have had luck with after tweaking.

There no updates for my headunit(BT762HD) since 2015. They don't ever seem to update them. The metadata thing been working fine even in 8.1 until recently.

On 7/6/2018 at 3:22 AM, andrewilley said:

Might be worth checking the metadata settings in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth. But there do seem to be changes in almost every new Android release that alter the functionality of the Bluetooth stack operation, some seem to work and others break stuff. :( It works fine with PA 709 on my 6.0.1 ROM anyway, so PA is still outputting the data.

Andre

I havn't changed any of those settings and they are enabled. And yea, your way out of date if your on 6.0.1 rom. My Pixel XL is on 8.1.0 July 5 '18 update.

10 hours ago, speedingcheetah said:

And yea, your way out of date if your on 6.0.1 rom. 

Oh I know that, but then I'm way out of date with a Galaxy Note 3 too. But I haven't seen a phone released since that I prefer to this one (mainly for the screen width and the removable battery), and believe me I look at them all! My ROM is a bit of a hybrid, it's technically 6.0.1 underneath, but the user interface elements are based on the Note 8.

Andre

On 7/6/2018 at 11:47 AM, BobbieMoo said:

I use the 709 Alpha build but I noticed that after closing the player he still runs in the background under my energy settings. And the power usage of it is quite high even though being closed. Does anybody have a solution for this? 

Edit: Just installed the 790 version. Definitely way lower battery usage and stops working in background after being closed. I don't know if the low battery usage is a result of most library functions not working though. 

Best regards 

Anybody an idea what the reason for the high energy output could be and how to fix it? 

Hello guys. Using the latest alpha 709 version on my 6P, 8.1.0.

I have two problems.

1. Regarding the status bar notification is not working. The only fix for now  is this? " https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/11033-quick-fix-for-notification-on-android-oreo-81-v140/ "

2. Recently after using the alpha version. I can't longer control tracks when connected to my car bluetooth. It just do nothing pressing the next/prev tracks. I have to manually change songs through the phone. It was very fine before this with the official play Store version. Kinda annoying.

Any idea? You reply much appreciated.

59 minutes ago, Ans said:

1. Regarding the status bar notification is not working. The only fix for now  is this?

In the bulid 709 this problem solved. I tested it on my Nexus 6P with 8.1 notifications working fine.

3 hours ago, Ans said:

Hello guys. Using the latest alpha 709 version on my 6P, 8.1.0.

I have two problems.

1. Regarding the status bar notification is not working. The only fix for now  is this? " https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/11033-quick-fix-for-notification-on-android-oreo-81-v140/ "

2. Recently after using the alpha version. I can't longer control tracks when connected to my car bluetooth. It just do nothing pressing the next/prev tracks. I have to manually change songs through the phone. It was very fine before this with the official play Store version. Kinda annoying.

Any idea? You reply much appreciated.

On point number 2. Try switching your output to 'AudioTrack Output' in PA audio settings and try the controls again on your car Bluetooth. If it works then switch back to your original OpenSL/HiRes output and test again.

I used this on my BT headphones after this issue reared its head and they started working again.

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180709-214657.png

4 hours ago, beastobadness said:

On point number 2. Try switching your output to 'AudioTrack Output' in PA audio settings and try the controls again on your car Bluetooth. If it works then switch back to your original OpenSL/HiRes output and test again.

I used this on my BT headphones after this issue reared its head and they started working again.

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180709-214657.png

Sorry. Didn't get your explanation. You mean follow your settings or? Here's my settings by default. Never touch anything before this. Should I change something here and there?

Screenshot_20180710-085923.png

6 hours ago, clever_man said:

In the bulid 709 this problem solved. I tested it on my Nexus 6P with 8.1 notifications working fine.

Didn't noticed that! Yeah it fixed! Thanks! But I have 1 problem with the track buttons while on the Lockscreen. The Prev. Song button is gone lol. I mean like there's nothing i can press there. Any idea? Or known bug? @Andre

IMG_20180710_090626.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ans said:

Didn't noticed that! Yeah it fixed! Thanks! But I have 1 problem with the track buttons while on the Lockscreen. The Prev. Song button is gone lol. I mean like there's nothing i can press there. Any idea? Or known bug? @Andre

IMG_20180710_090626.jpg

Expand the notification by doing the pinch out gesture or tapping on the down arrow. U should be able to see the previous button.

2 hours ago, Kidsnd274 said:

Expand the notification by doing the pinch out gesture or tapping on the down arrow. U should be able to see the previous button.

Dang it. Didn't even thought about it. But why it should be that way? I have to expand notification every time I want to prev a song? It was very nicely done spacing when using the "Temporary notification fix helper".

Or it's intended that way though. ? @andrewilley

Archived