Poweramp alpha build-705 - Updates for high-res & notifications within old (feature-complete) user interface

maxmp

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using HTC U Ultra on Oreo 8.0. One critical problem that I get in this build is it can play on DirectHD using Wired Headset/AUX. When it is selected, Poweramp does play the track but it sends not through the wired headset, it goes directly to the loudspeaker. Any solution guys ?

*updated: Once I disabled DVC, it started to play on wired headset. But then came another problem. The USonic from HTC does not come into active mode. When i trigger the menu of USonic, there is no difference while it shows the effect of USonic on other music players. On beta build, the OpenSLHD still can be used while USonic is still active. Is there any solution ?

20 minutes ago, Evan_989 said:

I'm using HTC U Ultra on Oreo 8.0. One critical problem that I get in this build is it can play on DirectHD using Wired Headset/AUX. When it is selected, Poweramp does play the track but it sends not through the wired headset, it goes directly to the loudspeaker. Any solution guys ?

Dude, I had the same problem with my HTC 10. As I said, the next day it just got resolved by itself. I didn't touch anything. I just tried the next day again and it worked through my earphones. Maybe you leave it for 1 day to settle down. ??

34 minutes ago, mahalata said:

Dude, I had the same problem with my HTC 10. As I said, the next day it just got resolved by itself. I didn't touch anything. I just tried the next day again and it worked through my earphones. Maybe you leave it for 1 day to settle down. ??

I've got mine resolved, but there's come another problem with the USonic. You're lucky not stucked with the USonic audio ??

Before i buy i have a couple of questions.

Will all the features of v3 work on the samsung S5 from AT&T running 6.0.1? I know it will run on android 5.0 and above. Just want to make sure all the features will work on my phone.

If i buy it today will i be able to upgrade to v4 when it comes out without rebuying??

5 hours ago, snakefist said:

Will all the features of v3 work on the samsung S5 from AT&T running 6.0.1? I know it will run on android 5.0 and above. Just want to make sure all the features will work on my phone.

If i buy it today will i be able to upgrade to v4 when it comes out without rebuying??

Yes, the full release version of v3 will be compatible with Android 5.0 and above (which includes your 6.0.1).

If you buy today then you will be paying for the officially released v2, and yes v3 will continue to work using the same unlocker with no extra payment. As v3 isn't even out yet, I think it's too soon to be thinking about v4 though!

Andre

@maxmp i noticed with 705 that my -wired- headphone controls don't work as well. if i reboot and open Poweramp, it works fine for switching tracks. however, i think after i open pocketcasts (and close it), the focus for Poweramp isn't there to change the tracks. any thoughts on what to try?

thanks.

The excellent fix (706) is what we've all been waiting for throughout the year. On my Oneplus 5T, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Sony Z5, ZTE Nubia Z11 is a great sound, full support for hi-res sound output. Very satisfied, everything you need works just fine.

@maxmp i just wanted to ask whther you are starting the developement of app again?? I wanted to buy this on my other two devices also. But was hesitating to buy since the developement stopped.. Any coming offer(discounts) to mark your comeback?? Also why were you not developing this app anymore?? This is the best player hands down best engine.. I hope to get a reply.. I wanted these answeres for years.. Big fan of this work.. 

My headphone controls only work whenever I am in the app, if my screen is locked or If I am outside of powerampp they don't respond. Poweramp version 790 works fine though. I am using a One plus 3 running Resurrection Remix 8.1. Oh I am also pretty certain that Bluetooth play/pause and next/previous doesn't work either.

Edit: Didn't realize that build 706 was out, I tried it and same thing.

Hi,

on my Mi A1(with Oreo 8.0 build) i can see the "Experimental High-Res Audio" output option and same enabled for both Wired and BT audio. But when i am playing the Songs over BT audio i dont see the High Resolution outtput. Info is displaying as 44.1KHz and no sample rate conversion. I am using Bose Soundsport Wireless Headset and playing Flac files from my Phone. Is there any additional settings needed for BT High Resolution Audio?

5 hours ago, pyaganti said:

Hi,

on my Mi A1(with Oreo 8.0 build) i can see the "Experimental High-Res Audio" output option and same enabled for both Wired and BT audio. But when i am playing the Songs over BT audio i dont see the High Resolution outtput. Info is displaying as 44.1KHz and no sample rate conversion. I am using Bose Soundsport Wireless Headset and playing Flac files from my Phone. Is there any additional settings needed for BT High Resolution Audio?

All Bose BT headphones and headsets to date cannot handle more than SBC and AAC up to 44.1/16bit.

Even if you had the option you would see no benefits and only a potential increase in battery usage. If you want hi-res you need to switch to another brand.

2 hours ago, michyprima said:

All Bose BT headphones and headsets to date cannot handle more than SBC and AAC up to 44.1/16bit.

Even if you had the option you would see no benefits and only a potential increase in battery usage. If you want hi-res you need to switch to another brand.

Thanks Dude for the details. Now i understood the limitations. BTW where i can find the details about sample_rate and bit_rate support details. I couldn't find any details from bose site

1 hour ago, pyaganti said:

Thanks Dude for the details. Now i understood the limitations. BTW where i can find the details about sample_rate and bit_rate support details. I couldn't find any details from bose site

They don't specify that informations on their site because they know their Bluetooth modules are way inferior to what other brands are using. 

On oreo you can check yourself in the developer options. Be sure to connect them first. As an example my 1000x connect in 96khz/24bit mode. 

Screenshot_20180518_185856.jpg

Hello.. Latest builds 709 790 etc do NOT play back Opus files no sound with any output option.. 

File appears to play but zero sound from any Bluetooth device or just phone speaker. 

Samsung s8+ latest os updates and patches

All my music is Opus :(

On 5/18/2018 at 6:29 PM, andrewilley said:

What, not at all? No sound from any output method?

Speaker does not work ... only bluetooth and headset .. Reinstall and update to 708 and it does not work 

It's Galaxy S8 + Oreo

On 5/19/2018 at 6:47 PM, andrewilley said:

Still not sure what you are reporting - the speaker is not meant to work when you are using Bluetooth or a headset.

Already in the 709 it was fixed .. It did not have audio in the loudspeaker when it reproducia some music .. it only worked well when it used the bluetooth and auricular   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 1:28 AM, maxmp said:

It does work on (non Compact) XZ @ 8.0.0 - via OpenSL ES HD. What is your Android version? I will try to get XZ1 variant and will check what's happening there. Thanks for the report.

Build 790 has no device filters, thus it does play hi-res even if device doesn't actually support that. This is not a desired way of playing audio, as there is double sample rate and format conversion: first upsampling e.g. to 192khz/24bit, then downsampling by Android (so-so) resampler back to 48khz/16bit. The upsampling to Hi-Res is not a bad thing, but that following Android downsampling is. (There are additional possible resampling steps in hardware, as usually they are 1-bit DACs running on very high sampling rate).

How about adding an option to adjust the primary output sample rate to the song format instead of upsampling to a fixed rate?

Archived