Poweramp alpha build-705 - Updates for high-res & notifications within old (feature-complete) user interface

maxmp

seems like Hi-Res Output didnt work well in Mi A1 8.1 Stock Oreo Beta, as its still 16-bit 48khz in output, but anyway let me to ask, what is different between in Hi-Res and a normal 44.1/48khz? as there's frequency limitation in human ear to hear, i already satisfied with current audio output.

NB: i do have IEM with Hi-Res sticker

Screenshot_20180513-135327.png

Screenshot_20180513-135027.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Jaki Rahman said:

seems like Hi-Res Output didnt work well in Mi A1 8.1 Stock Oreo Beta, as its still 16-bit 48khz in output

From Max's previous postings (and assuming this version follows the same rules) Oreo users should not be trying to use the "High-Res Experimental" mode (which is for Android 7 and blow) but instead select "OpenSL ES HD" mode on Android 8+.

Andre

29 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

From Max's previous postings (and assuming this version follows the same rules) Oreo users should not be trying to use the "High-Res Experimental" mode (which is for Android 7 and blow) but instead select "OpenSL ES HD" mode on Android 8+.

Andre

There's no OpenSL ES HD in my output maybe my device didnt support it

Guys, does anyone have any idea why the sound is coming out of my speakers, not from my headphones? This is happening only when I enable the hi-res output. 

I really hoped that this version would work because it's feature complete. But it just doesn't. There is something broken.

22 минуты назад махалата сказал:

Ребята, кто-нибудь знает, почему звук исходит из моих динамиков, а не из моих наушников? Это происходит только тогда, когда я включаю выход hi-res.

Я очень надеялся, что эта версия будет работать, потому что это функция завершена. Но это просто не так. Что-то сломалось.

У меня также есть плеер, который говорит, что звук исходит от динамиков. Также записывает при подключении усилителя USB DAC. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X

1 hour ago, mahalata said:

Guys, does anyone have any idea why the sound is coming out of my speakers, not from my headphones? This is happening only when I enable the hi-res output. 

I really hoped that this version would work because it's feature complete. But it just doesn't. There is something broken.

try to restart your phone, this used to happen to me and it would just go away on a restart.

Working well with LG V30+ (H930DS) and listening on my Massdrop Plus IEM is really good. 

Appreciate your extra work done on this version too, Max. 

User since 2011, appreciate your effort done on this amazing music player app. All the best Max, can't wait to see the next stable version. 

And Andrewilley, you're God sent to this community, appreciate your patience and dedication to these forums. 

Kudos guys

2 hours ago, mahalata said:

I get this occasionally too. When it happens, I find that turning DVC off in the high-res settings seems to fix it.

Andre

13 minutes ago, thatkhiemph5 said:

Hey max, in the beta update, my device has the Wired Headset option in Hi-Res output but in this alpha update, it doesn't. Why?

Max has said that the 790 release is not doing any real checking to see if High-Res is actually supported on the device, whereas 705 is doing more checks. See http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/11380-poweramp-alpha-build-705-updates-for-high-res-notifications-within-old-feature-complete-user-interface/?do=findComment&comment=49762 for his explanation. So while I'm not certain of course, in 790 you are probably enabling a mode which isn't actually doing anything.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I get this occasionally too. When it happens, I find that turning DVC off in the high-res settings seems to fix it.

Andre

Thanks for the reply, man. It got fixed by itself without me touching anything. Yesterday there was no way for me to get any sound from the headphones but today it works. ?

53 minutes ago, Zeem said:

Does the 705 update fix the freeze/opening the app issues we encountered after updating to Oreo?

It's not mentioned in changelog, but there is a small fix in 705 for some devices which fail to initialize open gl surface (e.g. Samsungs @ 8.0) sometimes on startup.

Hi dev thanks for all your work, it's brilliant. 

Just to report that on Nokia 8, stock oreo 8.1 with April patch, OpenSL HD is missing and also Hi-res works but the sound is very quiet, for both aux and BT, all combinations of frequencies checked, also with disabled absolute volume. 

Thanks again, looking forward to the v3 stable

Archived