Poweramp
SuryaChandra

Bluetooth headset control not working

Same situation with my devices: OnePlus 5 and Sony wh-1000xm2. Play, stop, volume up/down work correctly, next/previous track - no response.

Settings>Audio>Output>AudioTrack Output>Bluetooth (v709)

I've personally managed to solve this. I'm using an Axon 7  running a Custom ROM on 8.1. The OpenSL ES Output is breaking the Bluetooth responsiveness, which I figured out through curiously toggling on that option in foobar2000, which I used to control my Jaybird X2s in the gym.

10 hours ago, Pointro said:

Settings>Audio>Output>AudioTrack Output>Bluetooth (v709)

I've personally managed to solve this. I'm using an Axon 7  running a Custom ROM on 8.1. The OpenSL ES Output is breaking the Bluetooth responsiveness, which I figured out through curiously toggling on that option in foobar2000, which I used to control my Jaybird X2s in the gym.

Confirmed...this definitely fixes BT control. Still outputs HiRes through my Sony 1000XM2's according to the dumpsys as well.

Added... Out of curiosity I tried switching back to the Hi Res API which BT controls stopped working on and the BT controls are working again. ERM!!!

Great catch @Pointro

Edited by beastobadness
Added further info

I knew this won't be an issue only with me. I am using a Nexus 6 and Bluetooth controls don't work for me but only on specific ROMs. The controls work fine on Dirty Unicorns but don't work on Resurrection Remix and AEX. So yes, this is not an issue with Poweramp but with the ROM. However, other players work fine on any ROM. So Max, please add what is missing in our favourite music player. 

Edit: This has fixed the issue, thank you so much man!

I had the same problem with beta 795, Xperia XZ2 Premium and Sony WH-1000XM2. Switching from hi-res output to OpenSL ES solved the problem, but switching back to hi-res did not break it again (and I'm pretty sure it switched back properly, cause there's noticeable difference in volume between the two). Now I can't break it back even if I restart Poweramp or reboot the phone itself. Weird, but hopefully helps someone.