Poweramp
andrewilley

Poll: Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed - overlaid over Cover Art or below it?

Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed?  

585 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed - overlaid over Cover Art or below it?

• It's great just the way it is, no need to change anything
    • It's fine where it is, but I'd prefer the boxes to use the current colour scheme and have rounded corners to match the overall theme
    • I would prefer a user-selectable option to allow the wording to be displayed underneath the cover art rather than obscuring it (for example, at the bottom of the scrolling navigation bar area)
    • I'd definitely like the option to display the wording below the cover art, but if the user does choose the overlaid boxes mode then they should match the overall theme & colour scheme - i.e. both (2) and (3) above
    • I really hate it, I want to see just the cover artwork without ever having it obscured by overlaid text

On 5/8/2018 at 3:55 AM, andrewilley said:

A lot of people in the main discussion thread for build 790 have been saying that they don't like the way that Title/Artist/Album text is currently overlaid in solid black boxes obscuring the lower-left of the album artwork. This occurs in both the main Player Screen and also in Grid View library lists. I thought a poll might be interesting to crystallise those views, and gauge what the overall userbase really thinks - maybe the majority are happy just the way it is?

For clarity, we're talking about the black boxes containing the wording "Breakfast in America" and "The Very Best of Supertramp" in this sample image:

Screenshot_2018-05-08-09-28-49.png

This is not binding of course, but it'd be interesting to see the results.

Andre

Hi Andre, 

I think it would be best BELOW the cover art. Cover art shouldn't be obstructed. Having it below makes it neater and less messy. 

Great thread!!

Is there a way to switch the album name with the artist name? Like the picture above, the artist name is never displayed because the album name is to long. There is also no animation to display the artist name in this situation 

As a designer myself, I really like this design change in v3 and I feel it is aesthetically great. Gives the player a more natural organic feel rather than just another music player app. 

Doesn't even have to follow rounded corners theme. Maybe if the album art doesn't have rounded corners, it could look better. 

But if people dislike it, maybe give an option to show it somewhere else. 

If you take a look at the green rectangle I've marked, I feel like that part occupies a little too much space than is necessary for just play/pause and forward/backward buttons (don't mind the repeat,shuffles and  visualisation buttons, I accidentally included them in that rectangle). If you can decrease that area's size and hold that thought while you look at the orange rectangle I've highlighted, that part is totally not necessary. It was really nice the way it previously was with the three dots that expanded a menu with all the necessary options.

Considering these two parts, a lot of space can be made to adjust the song's tags instead of putting them on the cover art.

I don't like anything on top my cover art. The cover art is important for me and I don't want anything obscuring it. An option to choose to change where the tags are displayed would be greatly appreciated. I love all the other visual upgrades you guys have made in v3.

Screenshot_2018-10-19-02-22-03-589_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

On 10/18/2018 at 4:04 PM, NeilPete said:

If you take a look at the green rectangle I've marked, I feel like that part occupies a little too much space than is necessary for just play/pause and forward/backward buttons (don't mind the repeat,shuffles and  visualisation buttons, I accidentally included them in that rectangle). If you can decrease that area's size and hold that thought while you look at the orange rectangle I've highlighted, that part is totally not necessary. It was really nice the way it previously was with the three dots that expanded a menu with all the necessary options.

Considering these two parts, a lot of space can be made to adjust the song's tags instead of putting them on the cover art.

I don't like anything on top my cover art. The cover art is important for me and I don't want anything obscuring it. An option to choose to change where the tags are displayed would be greatly appreciated. I love all the other visual upgrades you guys have made in v3.

Screenshot_2018-10-19-02-22-03-589_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

I COMPLETELY agree Pete! It doesn't make any sense to cover it up.