Poll: Prioritising Features for next Beta Release

andrewilley

Feature Priorities for next Beta Release  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following features are most urgent for you?

• Dark Theme (black)
    • Restoring the remaining Library / Folder category functions
    • Improvements to High-Res Output for newer devices

As you know, today's Poweramp v3 beta release (build 790) was issued without a few existing features in order to be able to get it out for testing before the end of April. Max is working on reintegrating the remaining facilities urgently so he wants to know which of the following are most urgently required so he can prioritise the work for the next beta release, which should hopefully be within the next week or so.

So, what's most urgent for you? (All of these will be in the final release, it's just which ones to add first)

Andre

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Dark Theme (black). I can see in this last beta 790 that Max put great effort into the UI and it looks and feels great IMO. So I say prioritise this. But Library / Folder category functions are also really necessary

I voted with the Library Functions too by the way, as that is core functionality and without those the beta release cannot really be considered as ready for daily use, and thus restoring those options will get more people testing it. Hopefully that will include the missing List Options in the Library screens too.

High-Res would be my next choice, and skins can easily wait until everything else is working.

Andre

18 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

High-Res would be my next choice, and skins can easily wait until everything else is working.

Andre

+1 

But I voted for Hi-res Audio. And I am sure, Most of us needs hi-res audio :wub::wub::wub:

For me also it has to be the core library functions .... However i dont know whether this is included but i would also like the EQ preset save assign functionality restored...

These are my suggestions for implementing after the above ...

1. Some kind of rounding off blurred background or resizing for the song as well as list metas.

2. Song and folder edit functions through the menu, i.e adding to playlist ,deleting ,sharing, basic queue etc 

The rest was exactly and more of what i expected, cheers?

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I voted with the Library Functions too by the way, as that is core functionality and without those the beta release cannot really be considered as ready for daily use, and thus restoring those options will get more people testing it. Hopefully that will include the missing List Options in the Library screens too.

Andre

This, obviously...

Dark theme/Restoring Folders hierarchy/HR

And I'll add: remove of title and artist from cover art and make them back around the progress bar. :)

Merci for your hard works, I'm still testing, but I'll may finally buy a licence from the site (since I'm running without Google Play Services).

EDIT NB: New android user here (3months), was using Neutron player for years over Blackberry 10 OS.

The last poll really screwed up the dev schedule, so, voted for what is truly necessary. Core functions! And of course high res output next. 

If I want dark theme I turn the screen off. Android 8 already gives me the middle finger with the totally undimmable dropdown. I bought anti blue light glasses partially because of it. 

Everyone, let's vote for what's truly important: library functions!

Without them you can't even use the basic functionality of the app properly

After that, High-Res should be the priority. 

26 minutes ago, Junaid said:

Everyone, let's vote for what's truly important: library functions!

Without them you can't even use the basic functionality of the app properly

After that, High-Res should be the priority. 

True..  Let's vote for library functions..  ✌

It has to be library functions with the old list options like showing Albums in Album Artist order rather than Album Title order. With the current functionality and my 1,200+ albums this version 790 of V3 is unusable. Without the complete library functions I didn't even try playing any music before I reverted to 704 v3 alpha.

Archived