Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

Recommended Posts

so far so good. installed on my LG V20, seems to work fine aside from one little bug. when I enable hi-res, sometimes the built in DAC will change over to "high impedence" mode, other times "auxiliary device". this affects both volume and clarity, as the normal and auxiliary modes do not fully take advantage of the dac, only high impedence (LG says its to save power...honestly would have been nice of them to just give us a button). not sure if this is a V20 issue or a PA issue...either way, figured I'd bring it up.

I'm using V-Moda M80 headphones, 32ohm resistance. I've gotta say...when it kicks into high impedence mode,the bass is strong enough to vibrate all the way down the cord to my phone, almost rattle my brain, and without the slightest loss in clarity, blending very well with treble and midrange. good job Maxx, you the man!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.. Latest builds 708/9 790 etc do NOT play back Opus files no sound with any output option.. 

 

File appears to play but zero sound from any Bluetooth device or just phone speaker. 

 

Samsung s8+ latest os updates and patches

 

All my music is Opus :(

 

Edit: it was my diffuser settings.. Works now when I changed them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this Unlocker work on this build - 709 release and future releases (beta+alpha+stable) ?

Screenshot_20180519-221553.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ashtonblaze said:

Hello.. Latest builds 708/9 790 etc do NOT play back Opus files no sound with any output option.. 

 

File appears to play but zero sound from any Bluetooth device or just phone speaker. 

 

Samsung s8+ latest os updates and patches

 

All my music is Opus :(

No such problem here on my MI A1 (latest 8.1 oreo + all patches). I, too, have 99% opus content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Thind said:

Will this Unlocker work on this build - 709 release and future releases (beta+alpha+stable) ?

Screenshot_20180519-221553.png

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been testing this beta preview for a long time and found two minor bugs which, i think, wasn't stated before:

1. If you pause music in notification (this will change two images: Poweramp icon from playing to paused and "pause" button to "play") and move to next or previous song, "play" button will change it's image back to "pause" but continue to work as "play". 

2. Sometimes when you choose "do not repeat" option and album is finished, music starts to play again from the first song but player says what music is paused. It happened 4-5 times in a small (2-4 songs) albums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, great new UI!

So  far only ones crash when trying to auto-find music folders. The crash  also bumped me back to the light theme from my choice of dark theme.

Now to muck about with headphones and Bluetooth output.   ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rodomaxi2 said:

Yes

My old locker worked just fine, activation on first startup like always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the new beta 790. I know it's not fully functional but good enough for me and look forward to when it's official. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crashes when trying to view folders in the list, anybody else have that bug?

This update is amazing, the player looks so slick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of the new "wave" seekbar. I find it hard to move to near the end of the song using this. Will there be an option to change it to the previous style or are we stuck to this new one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DrFurey said:

I'm not a fan of the new "wave" seekbar. I find it hard to move to near the end of the song using this. Will there be an option to change it to the previous style or are we stuck to this new one?

Agreed, I couldn't find a way to skip to the beginning of the song, using << worked for this before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rohit Verma said:

How long will it take in 790 beta version

4th post

Quote

Regarding release schedule - May is set as month for a feature-complete Beta release (with the all missing parts finished), and the end of May/beginning of June'18 is the final v3 release planned period. It depends on bugs and specific device issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rohit Verma said:

not saving equalizer

Look before commenting..as such features are not working and it has been mentioned in the first post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying on lenovo p2 with oreo 8.1 lineageos. The only thing that is not working is opensl standard. No output sound, but I had that problem also after updated to the latest alpha version from the playstore. I've updated from the alpha. I can provide any log if necessary.

Please make it black :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/5/2018 at 8:13 AM, SoundWizardJones said:

so far so good. installed on my LG V20, seems to work fine aside from one little bug. when I enable hi-res, sometimes the built in DAC will change over to "high impedence" mode, other times "auxiliary device". this affects both volume and clarity, as the normal and auxiliary modes do not fully take advantage of the dac, only high impedence (LG says its to save power...honestly would have been nice of them to just give us a button). not sure if this is a V20 issue or a PA issue...either way, figured I'd bring it up.

I'm using V-Moda M80 headphones, 32ohm resistance. I've gotta say...when it kicks into high impedence mode,the bass is strong enough to vibrate all the way down the cord to my phone, almost rattle my brain, and without the slightest loss in clarity, blending very well with treble and midrange. good job Maxx, you the man!

 

Same, I have Lenovo k6. When i up the volume it seems as if I'm transmitting with a TV or wireless headphones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2018 at 9:54 AM, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software to trial the new user-interface, it is not ready for day-to-day usage.

It does not yet have all of the features of the previous Alpha release. Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete, such as:

  • Most library categories are not implemented as yet (you can only use All Songs, Folders, or Albums)
  • No List Options in Library screens
  • List/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, etc not yet supported
  • No landscape or tablet-specific layouts
  • No custom lockscreen (please turn off all PA lockscreen features if you find music stops when the screen goes to sleep)

These features will be re-added into forthcoming beta releases over the next few weeks.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

Updated Notes: If you are downloading directly on a mobile, make sure your browser does not alter the filename - the filename extension must be ".apk" to work. Install the file using a file explorer app rather than trying to run it from your browser. If you have any crashing issues, try deleting the app cache and data, or do a complete uninstall of the old version and then try the new version as a fresh install. (Remember to backup before you do so). From this release onward, Poweramp v3 will only run on Android 5.0 and above. If you have KitKat or earlier, the old v2 release will remain available for legacy devices.

please DO IT FAST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At build 709 and 790, how to edit StereoX as build 5xx? I can't turn it on by press and hold on StereoX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 6:24 AM, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software to trial the new user-interface, it is not ready for day-to-day usage.

It does not yet have all of the features of the previous Alpha release. Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete, such as:

  • Most library categories are not implemented as yet (you can only use All Songs, Folders, or Albums)
  • No List Options in Library screens
  • List/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, etc not yet supported
  • No landscape or tablet-specific layouts
  • No custom lockscreen (please turn off all PA lockscreen features if you find music stops when the screen goes to sleep)

These features will be re-added into forthcoming beta releases over the next few weeks.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

Updated Notes: If you are downloading directly on a mobile, make sure your browser does not alter the filename - the filename extension must be ".apk" to work. Install the file using a file explorer app rather than trying to run it from your browser. If you have any crashing issues, try deleting the app cache and data, or do a complete uninstall of the old version and then try the new version as a fresh install. (Remember to backup before you do so). From this release onward, Poweramp v3 will only run on Android 5.0 and above. If you have KitKat or earlier, the old v2 release will remain available for legacy devices.

Working good already. This app definitely gonna change the game in the Android music scene. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...