Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

Ok been using this beta for a while now daily..

UI issues for me (I know it's not fully featured so some points I raise might not have been included). I only really use Poweramp whilst driving and I Bluetooth to my headunit and have my phone on the dash.

As mentioned before double tap to change list has stopped, I think since Oreo, but for me this was one of the best features for my usage.

Failing that I would use the advance list button on the old player, but this has now gone.  In fact I can't even find a way to skip to next album, unless I'm just being blind.

Navigation back to albums or whatever list you have selected could be more intuitive from the play screen.. you have to go Back the scroll all the way to the top then press the button.. it just seems like a lengthy process and a nightmare whilst driving??

Can you change the time it takes to dim whilst playing? Seems awfully quick

All in all though it's looking nice more fluid, but seems less functional if you are looking to change albums quickly or at a glance.  

A driving mode would be a double bonus

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 here, running Oreo.

I've noticed the following in my limited testing:

-Navigation does not function as designed; if a track is playing, and I tap any of the bottom icons, it is impossible to navigate back to the Now Playing screen. I'm forced to hit back to get out of the app, then reopen. However, if no track is playing, I'm able to tap on the paused track at the bottom to resume.

-Tapping the playing/paused track at the bottom when in any of the other areas (EQ, search, etc) results in the track starting over, or in some cases another track by that same artist to start playing.

-The 3-dotted menu on the bottom right corner of the album art of the current track opens, but zero of the contained items function. When I tap any of them, nothing happens.

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, PA shows embedded cover art for each song separately. The question that was raised earlier was about using PA to manually download new album art for one song in an album. Previously only that one song's artwork would get updated, but currently in 790 it appears to automatically apply the change to all of the songs within the album. The files themselves are not changed by the way, it's only PA's local display that gets updated.

Andre 

Oh ok.  On the last stable version i had the same problem when manually adding a bird photo for a cover for a bird sound and it changed it for all of them.  I never could get Poweramp to quit doing that.   I even resync'ed with isyncr the sounds and tried all the settings on Poweramp and clearing downloaded album covers.  My tablet was working fine but the phone was still doing it till i got a new phone and didn't mess with the album covers for the bird sounds after that.  If Poweramp changes the covers for all of them in the album i don't know how to get it to stop doing it again.  Even if i delete the sounds and resync with isyncr it still won't let them be as they were.  I am still on 704 btw.  FYI I use iTunes to do the covers but sometimes use MP3Tag for some of my music albums.

23 minutes ago, csehten said:

Poweramp stop when the screen turned off:'-(  mine is samsung s8

Do you have PA's lock screen enabled? Try to turn that option off, fixed it for me.

26 minutes ago, csehten said:

Poweramp stop when the screen turned off:'-(  mine is samsung s8

Turn off Poweramp Lockscreen or how it's called

13 minutes ago, DarkXLord20 said:

Turn off Poweramp Lockscreen or how it's called

It's ok.thank you^^

What ever you have done to the 24bit DAC keep it as it you've greatly improved on the audio quality and I'm loving the new looks of the version of power amp great work please keep it up 

I found a new error. Entering the file manager and adding a song stops the app. But doing the same thing with a song is inside the library works correctly. I hope someone will try and comment. 

2018_05_09_20_31_39.mp4

Edited by andrewilley
Translated to English

47 minutes ago, Javier Olivieri said:

I found a new error. Entering the file manager and adding a song stops the app. But doing the same thing with a song is inside the library works correctly. I hope someone will try and comment. 

2018_05_09_20_31_39.mp4

to report an error go to this section:
http://forum.powerampapp.com/forum/19-bug-reports-Poweramp-v3/ it

is better that you publish in English because administrators and MaxMP use English and Russian to communicate

Edited by andrewilley
Translated to English

19 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

What is wrong with English? English forum means posting in English.

I'm translating non-English posts via Google Chrome when I spot them, but I agree that it is getting tiresome.

Please, please post in ENGLISH in this forum - via a translator if you need to - otherwise your posts might get ignored in future.

Andre

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I'm translating non-English posts via Google Chrome when I spot them, but I agree that it is getting tiresome.

Please, please post in ENGLISH in this forum - via a translator if you need to - otherwise your posts might get ignored in future.

Andre

also it make easy to other users to know if their bugs are already being discused

8 minutes ago, dendinm said:

does xiaomi redmi note 5 support 24bit / 192khz?

Yes, Amigo

6 hours ago, marcosaxis said:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/fparo1vvcowu0u2/Poweramp.png

I made a small concept of how I would like the interface of the "now playing"

I do like how you've done the track name and album. The album info could be designed to click through meta data and output data. Any icons on album art should be semi-transparent. Personally I think your play buttons are too big. Nice ideas.

2 minutes ago, M9CO said:

When the beta app is available in Google Play Store?

Another crystal ball question...  I certainly wouldn't expect it to happen until the beta is at a feature-complete stage for final testing anyway.

Andre

Hi whenever I adjust volume in the Poweramp amp there is a slight pause in the music. I am not sure if its because of the bug in new version or some settings which I need to change.

15 hours ago, NishantM said:

Quite strange. I tried everything from wiping data and a completely reinstalling it. Didn't help. I should probably give it one more shot.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:52 AM, NishantM said:

Playback controls are completely broken on Android P Beta on my Pixel XL.  While playing a track the controls do not appear in the notification area at all.  I reverted back to 704 and the notification works and surprisingly the annoying playback control bug which was present on Oreo is no longer there on P.  So I'm sticking to 704 for time being.  Not complaining, just posting my observation.

20 hours ago, jaydubbs said:

Not seeing this at all on P on my Pixel 2 XL. Everything is working as it did on O.

15 hours ago, NishantM said:

Quite strange. I tried everything from wiping data and a completely reinstalling it. Didn't help. I should probably give it one more shot.

Uninstalled and reinstalled without restoring settings and it now working.  That's the mistake I did.  I had restored my settings after reinstallation.  All well now!