Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hate me for saying this guys because I am happily patiently waiting for V3 like (most) of you, but I think it would be awesome if after V3, Max considered releasing it as an open-source project moving forward. Since he is the only dev working on it (I'm assuming thats by choice, some people just prefer to work alone) I am sure he is the kind of guy who would hate to see his "baby" forked and picked apart by various people but it would be so awesome to see an open-source version of PA that had community-based development, modifications, etc.

The guys over at XDA would have a field day :) Heck someone might even figure out how to pipe V4A through PA so V4A doesn't downsample to 16/44kHz. Wouldn't that be amazing?!?!

5 hours ago, Garry_man said:

it's not that, nobody makes promises. It's just not fair, to take money for an outdated version in the market.

Play Store shows the last updated date and last updated version. People buy the app with their eyes open. I bought mine YEARS ago, paid for it because of what I knew it would do for me that time. That was Android Lollipop or KitKat.

I didn't "stupidly" or "blindly" or "naively" put money down on a v2 thinking that I would ever get a v3. So speak for yourself only.

I gave Max money for a fully-featured, still best-in-class v2 Poweramp, which still works, which is still better than most other players out there. It shows just how few developers have the vision to execute correctly. They release a fancy-looking player, sure, but it doesn't feel right. Or they release the correct features, but those features don't work in an intuitive manner.

I may sound masochistic, but even if he releases it 10 years later for Android Zucchini, I know the player will be perfect for its moment the way v2 was and still is. I know one other developer with that vision: Peter Pawlowski of Foobar2000 (and Winamp plugin fame) and that's the player I use on my desktop.

Man up, stop whining, and spend more time typing positive things. For myself I plan to enjoy the holiday of National Day today. :)

Thanks @clever_man for these little updates, And MAX for keeping the project going & making it Better than yesterday ?

No ETAs, just here to appreciate Your communication with MAX... Let's hope everything is going on behind the bars and MAX is well being after all this one big little Player is handled by One Legendary Man Alone. Hats off to MAX & more to Clever_man for these little updates. 

TYSM for the Poweramp Player :D

Somebody is making money at least in part because future development of this app has been said to be included in the purchase price. Buy now, play later. It now strongly appears that no development has taken place and those who paid for the app for that reason are SOL. These people deserve a partial refund. Now. No more hurry up and wait bull. Now!

1 hour ago, Garry_man said:

Where do you see that the project is developing? It is covered with moss and mold, in this mood, nothing will happen at all. It is necessary to put a rigid question. Do you like being deceived by you?

Ummm, Did you paid for V2 Or V3 first of all ?

Use v709 it's stable even with Oreo. 

Also, Can you see MAX messages ? He posted some themes which will be inbuilt, a Alpha build to let user know it's not a dead end here with the same Licensing...

Dude, It's just one Person Working on it so calm the f. down with these stupid questions I am visiting Forum approx. and it's flooded by these questions so idc and not even MAX, it will be here soon by now. Don't believe ???

Wait.

1 hour ago, El Kabong said:

Somebody is making money at least in part because future development of this app has been said to be included in the purchase price. Buy now, play later. It now strongly appears that no development has taken place and those who paid for the app for that reason are SOL. These people deserve a partial refund. Now. No more hurry up and wait bull. Now!

I dont recall any promise for more features on Poweramp V2 when I purchased it I dont remember there being any V3 release promise or even an announcement on the Play Store page either. I remember buying V2 for everything it advertised it does, and does it well. I got my money's worth for V2. I  proactively sign up for the beta and dont recall any promises there either. Max can take as long as he wants if it ends up being both better than V2 and free of charge. Some developers can only go so far and fast no matter how much money you throw at them or offer. Some people work better alone,  and some people dont want a dev team.  Android is an ever changing platform and there are so many flavors of it. I can see it being difficult to make sure it all works right in order to call it an official release or even have any stable versions that fits all devices. I can understand that. Keep up the good work Max.

Poweramp V3 2020!!??

4 hours ago, El Kabong said:

I disagree with the partial refund idea.  Development is progressing, but not at the rate you prefer, and not with the communications or with a beta release schedule you've become accustomed to with other projects. 

9 hours ago, Garry_man said:

Where do you see that the project is developing? It is covered with moss and mold, in this mood, nothing will happen at all. It is necessary to put a rigid question. Do you like being deceived by you?

Shut up moss head... From a few days all you are trying to do is troll on this forum..  nobody asks you anything..so it's not necessary for you to comment on every post you see. I have told you that you can go back to your shitty neutron or whatever coz people spitting comments like yours are not welcome here ?

26 minutes ago, Garry_man said:

Once again for the stupid, the wretched and the deaf. I paid money for a version that would work on all versions of the system. Author Neutron Dmitry, supports the application for six years, considering all the changes in Android.

Can you please move your complaints to the ETA post? And dude, you are repeating yourself again and again. Are you a parrot or what? We understood that you are unsatisfacted. 

This is a post to discuss the new version (bugs, suggestions etc.) and not the release of v3. 

3 hours ago, BobbieMoo said:

Can you please move your complaints to the ETA post? And dude, you are repeating yourself again and again. Are you a parrot or what? We understood that you are unsatisfacted. 

This is a post to discuss the new version (bugs, suggestions etc.) and not the release of v3. 

+1

4 hours ago, Garry_man said:

Once again for the stupid, the wretched and the deaf. I paid money for a version that would work on all versions of the system. 

No you didn't, you paid money for v2 (latest build is 588/589). You had two weeks to test it for free on your system, and if it didn't work, don't buy it. If it now does not work for you on an Android update and cannot be resolved, you are welcome to a refund and to leave this forum. Anything beyond that is a bonus, and while Max has given some estimates of development timescales, has has not "promised" or guaranteed any dates.

Now everyone please stop moaning and squabbling and let me enjoy my vacation without having to come back and delete anyone for spamming the same thing time and time again, or for abusing the dev or other users, which has already happened to "another" user here, as you know.

Andre

3 hours ago, BobbieMoo said:

Can you please move your complaints to the ETA post?

Someone with some common sense, thank you. Other members please take note.

Andre

1 hour ago, Garry_man said:

Вы серьезно ? Как ты можешь? Было много обещаний и последнее в воскресенье. Считаете ли вы, что все являются идиотом?

Also this @garry_man guy is none other than @Peter_falk i suppose. I saw how he conveniently changed the birthday by 1 yr and the location is the same?? also he messaged me the same way peterfalk did and tried to intimidate me ? Take note Andre

Archived