Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well well... Thanks Max! 

Testing on my V30+, whatever is supposed to work, works. Hi-Res including. The only thing I wish for now is Direct Out support (bypassing any processing/resampling and passing audio to DAC at source bit rate and sample rate). In some cases, I really need untouched audio out ( the only reason I use UAPP tbh).

6 minutes ago, antonridd said:

Sorry for the curve English. In general, what I found in an hour of use.
1. The title of the track is not a particularly good idea to place on the cover. You have to do less or still move. My personal opinion.
2. There are not enough buttons for switching to albums from the playback screen of the track.
3. If you turn off the blur on the lock screen, the cover is also removed.

4. And sometimes there are crash when rewinding.

Look like that's it.

Device - Google pixel 2 (android 8.1 oreo)

?

2 hours ago, dumahim said:

I had the same problem when trying to download the file directly with my phone.  I had to download it on my computer and put it in the download folder manually, then it worked.

Great help. Thank you!

@maxmp

1. seek problem when i seek song from 0 between 0.50 it starts from 0 but the seek timing comes to that location but when seek over 1 min it gets seeked,issue with low bitrate audio for example 96 and 80kbps,add option to use old seeking format you used on v2.xx

2. there is  DVC not supported coming up and sound is so loud in headphones with HI-RES audio output in headphones (automatically goes to 100 not like before it was 60),but with 704build it was option which can be disabled and sound was awesome but now so loud sound and all distortion, make option to disable NO DVC in HI-RES so that sound distortion can be resolved like with 704 build

galaxy s7 nougat

Would it be possible for the app to not prevent ViPER4ANDROID from peocessing? 

Because I use V4A's equalizer because it is system wide, but Poweramp prevents it from working.

I would also gladly dich V4A for Poweramp if the equalizer is applied system wide. (Perhaps a Magisk module?)

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software, not ready for day-to-day usage, nor it's close in quality to the previous Alpha release

Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete: most library categories, list/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, no landscape nor tablet layouts, no custom lockscreen, etc.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

why I can't install 

31 minutes ago, antonridd said:

1. The title of the track is not a particularly good idea to place on the cover. You have to do less or still move. My personal opinion.
2. There are not enough buttons for switching to albums from the playback screen of the track.

Some personal thoughts here (not on behalf of PA):

1. I tend to agree. A lot of users were complaining that in the alpha builds the album art was covered up with too much clutter, they wanted to see just the clean artwork (with all controls/etc placed in the large space below the cover art). So the control icons have been moved now, but to be replaced by "Dymo Label" text overlays. In the leaked photos, I hoped this was due to the images in Max's test files. :(
  2. Agreed too. It might just be me as this is the first time I'm seeing this interface too, but how do you do brief Fast Forward or Fast Rewind with audio feedback, and more importantly how do you perform Next List or Previous List to skip between folders/albums/lists? It's not immediately obvious to me anyway, maybe it's some special two-fingered flinging gesture while holding the device at 45 degrees. :)

To be honest, I've been on record for a long time as not really liking too many gesture based controls or other floaty material design nonsense (I had them all turned off on the previous releases, preferring simple clutter-free button controls) but this seems even more difficult to control without lots of frantic finger waggling. :) Maybe that will be an option?

I would also add that I'm finding the Back button behaviour a bit erratic: with the benefit of a fresh design it should now ALWAYS "do what it says on the tin" and return you to the previously viewed screen (or exit the app if you are already at the entry screen). For example, when you tap on the player screen's cover artwork to view a tracklist, the Back button should return you back to the Player screen. And currently, if you tap Back in the EQ screen it exits the app, which is very counter-intuitive. Back should mean Back.

Andre

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

. And currently, if you tap Back in the EQ screen it exits the app, which is very counter-intuitive. Back should mean Back.

Andre

Thats probably because the equalizer, search and settings are three different tabs along with the list tab .. when in a list you can simple tap on the now playing to go to the main screen

I'm not totally against the new UI, but I really, really miss a couple things that are quite important for me, and looks like they are not related to this version being beta but to an unfortunate design decision...

• The ability to navigate folders. Not only seeing a list of folders and all the files inside, but to be able to see sub-folders. In this version when you go to Library - Folders, you only get a list of all scanned folders. When you click one, you see a generated list of the music files on that folder and sub-folders. I'd like the previous behavior: Click on a folder an see its sub-folders. Click a sub-folder and see its files/more sub-folders. I have many albums with several discs, or live and studio versions, or whatever. I want my sub-folders properly working in the "Folders" view back!
  • After clicking on a song in the library, you get back to the 'player view', but touching the library button again does not get you to the folder you were before. It takes you back to the main library menu.
  • Buttons! Where are my buttons? Are they not going to be implemented? Please I'd really like to know if there is going to be buttons in future revisions of the beta. This is kind of infuriating and I totally back up Andre on this, as he expressed this opinion before. I don't understand (at all) why a sleep timer would be a good idea, and why would it be important enough to have a dedicated button... But not a play/pause button or next/previous buttons. Makes no sense to me! Furthermore, I really dislike the moving spectrogram in the bottom, and some nice buttons would have been a much better use of that space. When I look at the screen is because I want to change songs. And I really don't like sweeping.

Really disappointed  )-:

Just now, Ameya28 said:

Thats probably because the equalizer, search and settings are three different tabs along with the list tab .. when in a list you can simple tap on the now playing to go to the main screen

Yeah, exactly. There are lots of on-screen ways to tap to go up levels, go to player screen, switch views, or other specific tasks. The Back button however should always return you to whatever screen you came from.

Andre

Hi res working on Lg v20 16 bit 48khz using opensl es hd but switches to 24bit 192khz using the hi res output.though the sound is kinda off with high res like the soundstage is narrowed and highs screech.Im running Neutron which also outputs 24/192 confirmed with matlog and sounds much better than Poweramp high res but the UI!!

Screenshot_2018-04-30-02-21-28.png

Archived